SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 649
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Biden Hits Back After Saudi Official Makes Claim on Meeting With Crown Prince

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...wu8SghRiGY05cFIWSYwM

President Joe Biden early Sunday disputed a claim that he didn’t accuse Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of orchestrating the killing of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi in private meetings.

After arriving home in Washington, D.C. on Sunday, Biden was asked by a reporter about a comment from the Saudi foreign minister, Adel al-Jubeir.

“The Saudi foreign minister said he didn’t hear you accuse the crown prince of Khashoggi’s murder. Is he telling the truth?” the reporter asked the president.

“No,” Biden said quickly. “Why don’t you talk about something that matters?” the president then told journalists, as another one asked him about bumping fists with the Saudi crown prince, the de facto leader of the Muslim kingdom, who is sometimes referred to as “MBS.”

Biden added, “I’m happy to talk about something that matters.”

Days before that, at a news conference, Biden claimed that he spoke about the death of Khashoggi several years ago. After his death in 2018, a number of mainstream media outlets often featured the death as front-page news, and those outlets also attempted to tie his killing to the Trump administration. Federal agencies have suspected the Saudi government was involved in his death.

“With respect to the murder of Khashoggi, I raised it at the top of the meeting, making it clear what I thought of it at the time and what I think about it now,” Biden said during a press conference on July 15. “He [Crown Prince Salman] basically said that he was not personally responsible for it. I indicated that he was, and he said he was not personally responsible for it and he took action against those who were responsible,” Biden also said.

What the Minister Said
But al-Jubeir, the foreign minister, told Fox News that Biden and MBS never addressed Khashoggi’s death.

“I didn’t hear that particular phrase,” al-Jubeir remarked. “The president mentioned that the U.S. is committed to human rights because since the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution and he also made the point that American presidents—this is part of the agenda of every American president.”

Biden’s apparent lack of public criticism about the Saudi government and the fist bump was panned by legacy media, including The Washington Post, which issued a rare critical statement about the president.

Washington Post publisher Fred Ryan alleged that the Biden–MSB fist bump “projected a level of intimacy” far worse than a handshake. “The first bump between President Biden and Mohammed bin Salman was worse than a handshake—it was shameful,” Ryan continued.

The White House signaled that Biden was in Saudi Arabia in a bid to push the Saudi government into producing more oil in order to offset exceptionally high gas prices. According to data from AAA, although the price for a gallon has dropped in recent weeks, it currently stands at $4.53 on average as of Sunday. A year ago, the price was $3.16 per gallon, the data show.

Posts: 12847 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...s-avoid-deportation/

Soros-Linked Group Wins $172M Contract from Biden to Help Border Crossers Avoid Deportation

A left-wing group linked to billionaire George Soros has won a nearly $172 million federal contract from President Joe Biden’s administration to help young border crossers avoid deportation, a report revealed this week.

Fox News’s Adam Shaw and Joe Schoffstall reported on Thursday that the Vera Institute of Justice, with financial ties to Soros, has won a federal contract for $171.7 million that will provide attorneys to Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs) to avoid deportation from the United States.

The federal contract could end up showering the Vera Institute of Justice with $1 billion in taxpayer funding, Fox News reported:

The arrangement lasts until March 2023 but can reach as high as $983 million if renewed until March 2027, the agreement shows. This appears to be the largest federal contract Vera has secured for immigration-related services for any single year dating back to the mid-2000s.

The Vera Insitute, meanwhile, is propelled by taxpayer-backed government grants and contracts like the one it secured in March. Between July 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021, $152 million of the group’s $191 million in revenue came from government sources, its most recent financial audit shows.

The institute seeks to end “mass incarceration” by cutting down on the number of jails, prisons and detention centers in the United States. The group has also signaled support for defunding police

Posts: 19684 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5805 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Babylon Bee parody

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the Grand Wizard Wannabe is having for dinner tonight? Wonder if it involves ice creme.

Posts: 53444 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
He's shaking hands with invisible people again.

Hello? Delaware Adult Protective Services? I'd like to report the exploitation of a vulnerable adult. He's being shuttled between DC and Delaware, but pretty sure you can find him on the weekend at...

Posts: 2489 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I hate polling of any kind. Yeah, he's an illegitimate fuckup but the only poll that counts is on election day (at least it used to). Such news briefs are simply fillers for the incessant 24 hr news cycle, of which I watch zero these days.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think they've been juicing him with meds before public appearances since at least the 2020 campaign:

quote:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson has claimed that President Joe Biden takes 'pills' to boost his cognitive performance before public appearances.

Biden, 79, has strenuously rejected similar allegations in the past, but Carlson claimed on his Friday evening show that he had spoken 'directly' to a witness who saw the alleged medication on the 2020 campaign trail.

'His staff, supervised by Dr. Jill, his wife, was giving him pills before every public appearance. Checking the time, and at the certain hour giving him a dose of something,' said Carlson.

Before taking the medications, this person said Biden was 'Like a small child.' You could not communicate with him, he changed completely because he was on drugs and he clearly still is on drugs,' the pundit alleged...

Tucker Carlson claims that witness from 2020 campaign says Biden took 'pills' under wife Jill's supervision before every public appearance and was 'like a child' without the medication

Posts: 34134 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...s-avoid-deportation/

Soros-Linked Group Wins $172M Contract from Biden to Help Border Crossers Avoid Deportation

Part of Soros' evil genius is inducing Western nations to fund their own invasion and submission.

Posts: 15991 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me skeptical until we get the names of the drugs and who prescribed them. Adderall and the like increase awareness and focus, but they do nothing to enhance cognition in patients with dementia. If there were such a drug, millions of elderly patients would be comsuming them. Tucker is getting a little out there. If it is true we will know in time.

Posts: 17370 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Count me skeptical until we get the names of the drugs and who prescribed them. Adderall and the like increase awareness and focus, but they do nothing to enhance cognition in patients with dementia. If there were such a drug, millions of elderly patients would be comsuming them. Tucker is getting a little out there. If it is true we will know in time.
Knowing our luck, he's benefiting from an experimental drug now allowed for use under Right-to-try laws DJT helped push. Wink

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6256 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30979 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
"White House economic adviser Jared Bernstein told CNN on Sunday that President Joe Biden will pursue his climate agenda "with or without Congress," following the news Thursday that West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin wouldn't back climate or tax provisions in his party's budget reconciliation package."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/17...e-manchin/index.html

Biden considers calling climate emergency as soon as this week, Washington Post reports
July 19, 20224:34 AM MDT
Last Updated an hour ago

July 19 (Reuters) - U.S. President Biden is considering declaring a national climate emergency as soon as this week, the Washington Post newspaper said on Tuesday, citing sources.

The move came after two U.S. Senate Democrats urged Biden to declare a climate emergency and use the Defense Production Act to ramp up production of a wide range of renewable energy products and systems, including solar panels.

Reporting by Ann Maria Shibu in Bengaluru; Editing by Clarence Fernandez

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Place Where Biden Face Planted Off Bike Is Named ‘Brandon Falls’ On Google Maps

There is even a bicycle shop and 5 star reviews

https://summit.news/2022/07/19...alls-on-google-maps/

The place where Joe Biden face planted into the concrete falling off his bike last month has been named as ‘Brandon Falls’ on Google Maps.

Someone has managed to place a landmark in the Delaware location, naming it after the infamous ‘Lets go Brandon’ chant, which was initiated after the White House claimed Nascar fans were not chanting ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ when they totally were.

At time of writing, ‘Brandon Falls’ is still listed as a ‘historical landmark’ on Google Maps:

More at link

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ LOL... You beat me to it.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24307 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
And.....Google took it down.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7144 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, all leftists are utterly humorless, but at least we've got screen shots. Big Grin

Posts: 108226 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post