SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actor Sean Connery passes away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Sean Connery passes away Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, his family has said.

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.

His acting career spanned decades and his many awards included an Oscar, two Bafta awards and three Golden Globes.

https://news.yahoo.com/james-b...-sean-122645084.html

Long obituary
https://www.bbc.com/news/enter...izdev%5D-%5Bisapi%5D

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Well that's a fuckin' bummer.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17089 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Man, that's like when the world lost John Wayne. The end of an era.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
RIP Sir
You'll always be the person i think of when i hear the name James Bond

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10378 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear. One of the best moments besides 007, is his performance in The Rock especially the scene oh Nicholas' Cane character referencing 'his best'

Your Best

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2715 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP, Commander Bond.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I think my favorite role of his was the hunt for red october. I don't know if it was his best acting. But somehow I liked it best.

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad. Pussy Galore passed last year as well.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked Rising Sun too. RIP.

Posts: 1369 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A Gracious man with a tremendous sense of humor, His acceptance speech after winning the academy award for best supporting actor for his role as Malone in the Untouchables:

SEAN CONNERY:
Good evening. Ladies and gentlemen, friends and a few enemies...I don't think there is anyone aware—or unaware, rather—in Hollywood or the rest of the world tonight that this is the 60th anniversary of these Academy Awards. And I just realized myself the other day that my first, one and only attendance was thirty years ago. Patience truly is a virtue. But in winning this award it creates a certain dilemma, because I had decided if I had the good fortune to win that I would give it to my wife, who deserves it. But this evening I discovered backstage that they're worth fifteen thousand dollars...and now I'm not so sure. Cherie, I'm only kidding, it's yours. But if such a thing as a wish accompanied this award mine would be that we ended the writers' strike. And I thank you all sincerely.

Rest easy Mr.Connery, You May have left us, but your example and inspiration remain..

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
RIP. Sad to see you go, sir Sean.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10544 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Damn, hate to hear that.

Posts: 3273 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. He was THE James Bond. Frown Here's a scene from The Precidio:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fOe5ig4l9tI

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
One of the great one's for sure. RIP Mr Bond.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad news. And a bit of a weird coincidence. We've had blued versions of the PPK and PPK/S in the shop for a longer-than-expected while. I sold both in the last couple of days to gentlemen who referenced the JB character as their prime motivation. They must have had one of those premonition moments...RIP, Sir Sean Connery.

-MG

Posts: 2227 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Agreed, Connery was Bond. But I too loved some of his other roles, Hunt for Red October and The Untouchables are two of my favorites.

Posts: 1378 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
There can be only one. Frown

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Damn. I know people don't live forever, but it's a little depressing watching your childhood film heroes inevitably pass on. RIP Sir Thomas Sean Connery.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Connery

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post