SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actor Sean Connery passes away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Sean Connery passes away Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
90. That’s a good, long life, and my wife said he died in his sleep, in their home in the Bahamas. Not bad

Posts: 13600 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think one of his best movies was “The Wind and the Lion”, you don’t hear much about it but it’s a great movie.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
RIP. One of my favorite actors.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That's sad to hear. RIP Mr. Connery. Frown

So many great roles/performances. One of my favorites was "The Man Who Would Be King".

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes to all of the mentioned films!

Sir, you are truly missed!! Rest in peace...

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2159 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I will have some tea and then get back to work . . .

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3664 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
... my wife said he died in his sleep, in their home in the Bahamas...

Your wife has a home in the Bahamas with Sean Connery?

Rest In Peace, Sir Sean Connery.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
He did pretty good for a Welsh brick mason. The OG Bond. Plus a lot of other memorable roles.

Not to mention his role in Zardoz.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8366 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
RIP, God Bless.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Damn. 2020 takes another favorite of mine. Frown

Rest easy, Mr. Connery.

quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
Agreed, Connery was Bond. But I too loved some of his other roles, Hunt for Red October and The Untouchables are two of my favorites.

Agreed, all-around. The movies weren’t in the same league as those, but I also loved him as Ramirez in The Highlander films.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
90. That’s a good, long life, and my wife said he died in his sleep, in their home in the Bahamas. Not bad

Yep, if only we can be so lucky. He lived a great life, retired from Hollywood at a good time. R.I.P. Mr Connery.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
R.I.P Sean. my favorite movie was the rock.

Posts: 1214 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
007 number MUST be retired.
RIP to the ONLY James Bond.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favourite movie was when he played Black Jack Kehoe in The Molly Maguires.

Black Jack was my GGrandmother's first cousin but my wife isn't convinced that I look like him in the film Wink

RIP Sean

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose. - Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart, VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO.

Posts: 172 | Location: Ireland | Registered: December 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
One Ping only, Mr Connery.

And not Sean per se, but “You think you’re pretty smart, Trebek” Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37197 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Resht in Peash.

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow…

This is tough to read on any morning.
He is/was one of my favorite actors
I guess I did not realize he was 90 years old.

I enjoyed him his roles in A Bridge too Far, The Rock, the Presidio and The Rising Sun.

But my favorite role of his has to be as Malone in The Untouchables.

He had an interesting life and career prior to becoming famous..

In 1946, at the age of 16, Connery joined the Royal Navy where he trained in Portsmouth at the naval gunnery school as part of a anti-aircraft crew. He was later assigned as an Able Seaman on HMS Formidable. He was discharged at the age of 19 because of an ulcer.

He tried body building when he was 18 and in 1951 trained heavily with Ellington, a former gym instructor in the British Army. While his official website claims he was third in the 1950 Mr. Universe contest, most sources place him in the 1953 competition, either third in the Junior class or failing to place in the Tall Man classification.

For any members that are bored one weekday/night, one should watch "The Hill". It is about a military penal unit in North Africa during WW2. I found/discovered the movie at the MWR in Kandahar in 2014 and found it fascinating.

Five British soldiers are sent to a detention camp in the Libyan Desert, including Sergeant Major Roberts (Sean Connery), whose conviction for the assault of an officer is shrouded in mystery.

It is not well known, and received horrible reviews when it was released in 1965. In fact my father had never heard of it.

I think I will re-watch The Man Who Would be King in his honor. He and Michael Cain make a great duo in the movie.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

I LOL'd

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
+1
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

I LOL'd

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. Enjoyed many of his movies. The untouchables most I think.

Posts: 671 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post