SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actor Sean Connery passes away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Sean Connery passes away Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Seems like as good a time as any to revisit this classic SigForum thread....

Anyone watch "The Untouchables" on AMC tonight? ME and the Cast.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It’s a shame. One day they’ll all be gone. Then it’ll be my turn.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Such an extraordinary gentleman and actor. RIP. I will raise my glass to you this evening. Shaken, not stirred please.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The old guard is passing away faster and faster....

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Seems like as good a time as any to revisit this classic SigForum thread....

Anyone watch "The Untouchables" on AMC tonight? ME and the Cast.

Ah yes the Constable. That was a great thread!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I always loved seeing Sean as "James. James Bond". I was fortunate to play golf at Riviera once. Our caddie, an old black man, told us that he was fairly new to Riviera but was a caddie at Bel-Air Country Club for 20 years. Later he told us that he was Sean Connery's regular caddie at Bel-Air. He told us this story:

Mr. Connery never spoke to him. Never asked for a read or club advice. Said "Let's go" when he walked out of the clubhouse and that was it. One day they were on the tee of a par three, just the two of them, and Mr. Connery seemed hesitant. Connery asked without turning "Do you think it's a 7 iron?" Caddie: "I caddied for him for years and that was the first time he had ever asked me anything! You could have knocked me over with a feather!"

We really liked hearing his stories. The course wasn't bad either. Some other time I'll tell you how I secured a tee time there.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Frown

He will be missed.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
When I heard the news this morning, I has a thought; Remember the scene from "Goldfinger", Bond wakes up on the jet and wonders if he's dead? To which Honor Blackman replies, "I'm Pussy Galore'.

Bond replies; "I must be in heaven".

I hope thats how it worked out for him today.

I'm very fortunate to have had my few enjoyable interactions with him years back. Infrequently does one meet someone you hold as a hero or real celebrity and not come away disappointed in some way.

Not so with Sir Sean. RIP Mr. Bond.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13600 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. If you want to see a great Connery movie, try to find "The Offence". Its about a British Detective working a child homicide. It is not often shown, but worth a watch. And the previously mentioned The Wind and the Lion is good, too.
Best Connery kill: The opening moments of Goldfinger. Connery throws an assailant into a bathtub full of water and then tosses in an electric space heater.
"Shocking, positively shocking".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
One of the greats. I can't think of a single performance of his that I didn't enjoy. Seemed like a real gentleman

Michael

Posts: 1145 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
The Man who would be King was one of my favorites. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet.

https://www.rogerebert.com/rev...o-would-be-king-1975

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1514 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I may have to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with Professor Jones today. Godspeed Sir Sean.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11890 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
R.I.P. If you want to see a great Connery movie, try to find "The Offence". Its about a British Detective working a child homicide. It is not often shown, but worth a watch..

Is that the one where he beats the crap out of the suspect -- a child molester?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I may have to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with Professor Jones today. Godspeed Sir Sean.

Oh man, how could I have forgotten about that one? That's going on the watch list for my next day off.

Posts: 9251 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GWbiker: Yep, thats the one.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
The Man who would be King was one of my favorites. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet.

https://www.rogerebert.com/rev...o-would-be-king-1975

Read through all these and finally see that you did. A great movie for sure.

Posts: 5235 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Resht in Peash.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Sean Connery lived a good long life and I hope he died peacefully. He leaves behind so many great characters and movies that will be enjoyed forever.

JC

Posts: 1305 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
RIP sir, you will be missed by many.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
He was a good actor.

I want to see tacfoley's comment

Posts: 13051 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post