SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actor Sean Connery passes away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Sean Connery passes away Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Bond.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The end of not just an era, but an icon. Besides pioneering and defining the James Bond character, Connery enjoyed success outside of the Bond franchise.

Posts: 15085 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
A man's man, and one who has left an indelible mark on film making with a lifetime of iconic and classic entertainment. From a boy to a man, thank you for the golden screen memories that entertained and influenced me throughout my life.

Rest in Peace Mr. Connery. Your style, class, and bravado will be missed.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Truly one of a kind. Thank you Sir Sean for many enjoyable movies. May you rest in peace.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Connery... Frown

I also remember his small part in the Longest Day - was good!

But my favorite is Untouchables - Brought a Knife to a Gunfight - scene

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4010 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. He was one of the great ones and did a lot of great movies. My favorite was his performance in The Untouchables.

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His part in "A Bridge too far", IMO, was one of his best movies.

R.I.P. Mr. Connery.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
That hurts. What a great actor! RIP Mr. Connery.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
RIP Sir
You'll always be the person i think of when i hear the name James Bond

That would be Bond . . . James Bond. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I feel another part of my childhood is gone.

RIP Sir Sean

Posts: 10828 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting for "the constable" to post his photo from the untouchables filming. I remember it being a cool pic.

Posts: 1172 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While most remember him as James Bond I will always remember him for his role in The Hunt for Red October.

RIP.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man. Very few celebrities passing move me but I really enjoyed his work. That sucks.

And Sean Connery gave our own FNinMT his CUT ! Maybe he’ll be along to share his story again of how the CUT came to be.

Posts: 4978 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
RIP Sean.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9420 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Connery.
I loved your movies.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
"Ryan, most things in here don't react too well to bullets."

Posts: 2342 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks. I didn't realize that he was that old, but good on him for making it that long. He has always been one of my favorite actors, and starred in many of my favorite movies. The Untouchables, Hunt for Red October, The Rock, A Bridge Too Far...just to name a few. He played badass roles with intelligence and wit and a degree of sophistication that sets him apart. RIP sir...thanks for your good work.

Posts: 9251 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
That's a bummer.

Like many great actors, when you look back at all the roles over a lifetime, it's truly impressive.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4992 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
One Ping only, Mr Connery.

And not Sean per se, but “You think you’re pretty smart, Trebek” Smile

“One Ping”.

I think I’ll watch that again tonight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post