SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It looks like Florida could become the 26th state to approve Constitutional carry. ******* 4/03/2023 BIG update page 3 *******
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It looks like Florida could become the 26th state to approve Constitutional carry. ******* 4/03/2023 BIG update page 3 ******* Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
I checked to see if this had been posted and did not find anything.

Legislation was introduced Monday to make Florida a permit less carry state. If passed and signed by the Governor that would make Florida the 26th state to have Constitutional carry. If I am not mistaken this is something the Governor said he would sign if it made it to his desk.

Fox news

https://www.foxnews.com/us/flo...rry-majority-country

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 71 TRUCK,

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Florida.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's on the docket, DeSantis said he's sign it...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Lovely

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Florida. Interesting that it took Florida this long to pass it since they were one of the first states, if not the first state to pass shall issue ccw's. They also led the way by issuing ccw's to non-residents. Florida was one of the front runners to ccw's years ago.

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!!

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a link to a map of the US showing the Constitutional Carry states? Not a list- a map.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Here's a map of "Permitless Carry" states from Gary and Steve's site handgunlaw.us- Seems to match up closely numbers wise, although a couple of states are "Limited".

https://handgunlaw.us/document...ess_Carry_States.pdf

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3922 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Green states= Constitutional Carry and permit-less carry (not including FL)

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Question: Disregarding possession of a CWP in one's state of residence and disregarding reciprocity, is an individual who is visiting or passing through a Constitution Carry state legally covered by that state's CC law? Or do the CC laws of a given state cover only persons who reside in that state?

Can, say, a New Yorker legally carry a concealed firearm in, say, Alabama? Assuming he gets out of town by sundown, of course. Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Thank you.

Question: Disregarding possession of a CWP in one's state of residence and disregarding reciprocity, is an individual who is visiting or passing through a Constitution Carry state legally covered by that state's CC law? Or do the CC laws of a given state cover only persons who reside in that state?

Can, say, a New Yorker legally carry a concealed firearm in, say, Alabama? Assuming he gets out of town by sundown, of course. Razz

From Handgunlaw.us on the IN pdf. - I was reminded to look when the owner posted an updated today.

Note: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa,
Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire,
Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West
Virginia and Wyoming have "Permitless Carry". Anyone who can legally
possess a firearm may carry in these states without a Permit/License.

Check each states page for age and other restrictions that may apply

I would assume it depends on how the law is worded & I am unsure if the info above is true/proven in court.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

It looks like the vast majority of CC states use the term "nonresident" as one who is allowed to conceal carry in that state, as long as they meet the various age requirements (mostly 21+). North Dakota is the only state I see who requires a nonresident to have a permit they recognize.

So yes, it looks like a person from CA, or NY or other leftist state can carry in a CC state.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I hope FL gets over the hump this session.

Need LA, NE and the Carolinas to fall in place tambien!

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Looks like most of the green states are also red states, correct?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Florida gave up open carry to get concealed carry. Would constitutional carry in Florida bring back open carry?

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Florida gave up open carry to get concealed carry. Would constitutional carry in Florida bring back open carry?

Not likely. I think the new bill still has it as concealed carry.

I live in the tourist corridor and if open carry were to ever happen, I think that local law enforcement would go crazy tracking down every phone call from every tourist, who are from all over the world, who may see a fire arm.

I know it is what people I know do not want to hear, but that might be one of the reasons we do not have open carry in Florida.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I have read elsewhere that Open Carry will still be a no go under this bill.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
I'm in

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I love Florida.

Me too. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
That is great news.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post