SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
In regards to the Pelosi trip.

Is it common for the Speaker of the House to represent US interests abroad? I though those trips were for the President, VP, Sec-Defense and Ambassadors? What does she actually think she would be accomplishing over there?

I believe Congressional boondoggles have always been common (in the modern era).

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've had a huge grin on my face all day from this latest President Trump vs Botox Pelosi business. Rush had it right... no other (R) would have had the gonads (although I would have said cajones!). Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
... What does she actually think she would be accomplishing over there?

Make President Bush look bad.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As God is my judge, I love a man who fights for what is right. Go Trump!

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It would have been fun to watch her climb the steps, strap in and then dragged off the airplane by security

Piglosi deserves nothing better

Go Trump! Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
It gets better...
All their luggage got sent back to Pelosi’s office, lol.
https://www.weaselzippers.us/4...e-to-pelosis-office/

Looking at the number of bags, I wonder how much a commercial airline would charge for the extra bags and overweight limit?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is it common for the Speaker of the House to represent US interests abroad? I though those trips were for the President, VP, Sec-Defense and Ambassadors? What does she actually think she would be accomplishing over there?

Ever watch Charlie Wilsons War....

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
It gets better...
All their luggage got sent back to Pelosi’s office, lol.
https://www.weaselzippers.us/4...e-to-pelosis-office/

That is just her make up and botox bags.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh what I’d give to have been a fly on the wall the moment she was told that she was grounded Big Grin

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Oh what I’d give to have been a fly on the wall the moment she was told that she was grounded Big Grin

Have you ever seen the video of her sucking her lips and teeth into her mouth at the last SOTU?

That's her RBF.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Every day I read something that makes me say out loud, "God, I love President Donald Trump".

Hear! Hear!

You are not alone, sir ! Big Grin

No, he is not!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nothing all that unusual. Senators and leaders of the House are always taking trips to other nations. You can bet it is always on the taxpayers dime.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Did Trump make this big press to get the $5B for the border wall while the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? If so, I must have missed it.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
Did Trump make this big press to get the $5B for the border wall while the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? If so, I must have missed it.

He said on the last budget bill he would never sign a budget like this again with out $$$ for the wall.

Go figure that he is doing what he said he would do Wink

Regardless of having control of both houses you still need 60 votes in the Senate period. It's a false argument that the Republicans could do it by themselves.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uh, yeah. He did it before the new year. While the Republicans still controlled both houses.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“President Donald Trump is to hold a second summit with the leader of North Korea near the end of February to try to coax the North to give up its nuclear program.

The announcement came at the White House Friday after Trump met with a North Korean envoy…”

https://apnews.com/445416389e7748d5b6663f3309cead61

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
quote:

He said on the last budget bill he would never sign a budget like this again with out $$$ for the wall.

Go figure that he is doing what he said he would do Wink

Regardless of having control of both houses you still need 60 votes in the Senate period. It's a false argument that the Republicans could do it by themselves.

As I recall, that 60 vote requirement is only a senate "rule" that that tired old asshole McConnell could simply say does not exist anymore. Like that stupid "blue ticket" nonsense they have up there. No law requires that 60 volt threshold.

McConnell could end that horse shit in 5 seconds. The problem is that he is part of that huge, wide, very deep SWAMP. For some reason he/they do not want that wall built.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
NANCY PELOSI PREPARES TO FLY TO BELGIUM ON HER OWN!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post