This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8510094634

January 17, 2019, 07:44 PM
Strambo
The Trump Presidency : Year II
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
In regards to the Pelosi trip.

Is it common for the Speaker of the House to represent US interests abroad? I though those trips were for the President, VP, Sec-Defense and Ambassadors? What does she actually think she would be accomplishing over there?

I believe Congressional boondoggles have always been common (in the modern era).

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
January 17, 2019, 07:46 PM
bald1
I've had a huge grin on my face all day from this latest President Trump vs Botox Pelosi business. Rush had it right... no other (R) would have had the gonads (although I would have said cajones!). Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 17, 2019, 07:53 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
... What does she actually think she would be accomplishing over there?

Make President Bush look bad.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
January 17, 2019, 08:44 PM
Silent
As God is my judge, I love a man who fights for what is right. Go Trump!

Silent
January 17, 2019, 08:53 PM
nhtagmember
It would have been fun to watch her climb the steps, strap in and then dragged off the airplane by security

Piglosi deserves nothing better

Go Trump! Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

January 17, 2019, 09:40 PM
Icabod
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
It gets better...
All their luggage got sent back to Pelosi’s office, lol.
https://www.weaselzippers.us/4...e-to-pelosis-office/

Looking at the number of bags, I wonder how much a commercial airline would charge for the extra bags and overweight limit?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.
January 17, 2019, 10:04 PM
PR64
quote:

Is it common for the Speaker of the House to represent US interests abroad? I though those trips were for the President, VP, Sec-Defense and Ambassadors? What does she actually think she would be accomplishing over there?

Ever watch Charlie Wilsons War....

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat
January 17, 2019, 10:11 PM
jsbcody
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
It gets better...
All their luggage got sent back to Pelosi’s office, lol.
https://www.weaselzippers.us/4...e-to-pelosis-office/

That is just her make up and botox bags.
January 18, 2019, 05:26 AM
limblessbiff
Oh what I’d give to have been a fly on the wall the moment she was told that she was grounded Big Grin
January 18, 2019, 08:15 AM
Veeper
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Oh what I’d give to have been a fly on the wall the moment she was told that she was grounded Big Grin

Have you ever seen the video of her sucking her lips and teeth into her mouth at the last SOTU?

That's her RBF.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
January 18, 2019, 08:33 AM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Every day I read something that makes me say out loud, "God, I love President Donald Trump".

Hear! Hear!

You are not alone, sir ! Big Grin

No, he is not!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
January 18, 2019, 08:33 AM
Bassamatic
quote:

Nothing all that unusual. Senators and leaders of the House are always taking trips to other nations. You can bet it is always on the taxpayers dime.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
January 18, 2019, 09:15 AM
911Boss

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

January 18, 2019, 09:50 AM
Chris17404
Did Trump make this big press to get the $5B for the border wall while the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? If so, I must have missed it.

January 18, 2019, 10:03 AM
PR64
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
Did Trump make this big press to get the $5B for the border wall while the Republicans had control of both houses of Congress? If so, I must have missed it.

He said on the last budget bill he would never sign a budget like this again with out $$$ for the wall.

Go figure that he is doing what he said he would do Wink

Regardless of having control of both houses you still need 60 votes in the Senate period. It's a false argument that the Republicans could do it by themselves.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat
January 18, 2019, 10:06 AM
Balzé Halzé
quote:

Uh, yeah. He did it before the new year. While the Republicans still controlled both houses.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
January 18, 2019, 02:06 PM
Pipe Smoker
“President Donald Trump is to hold a second summit with the leader of North Korea near the end of February to try to coax the North to give up its nuclear program.

The announcement came at the White House Friday after Trump met with a North Korean envoy…”

https://apnews.com/445416389e7748d5b6663f3309cead61

Serious about crackers
January 18, 2019, 02:08 PM
bald1

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 18, 2019, 02:34 PM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
quote:

He said on the last budget bill he would never sign a budget like this again with out $$$ for the wall.

Go figure that he is doing what he said he would do Wink

Regardless of having control of both houses you still need 60 votes in the Senate period. It's a false argument that the Republicans could do it by themselves.

As I recall, that 60 vote requirement is only a senate "rule" that that tired old asshole McConnell could simply say does not exist anymore. Like that stupid "blue ticket" nonsense they have up there. No law requires that 60 volt threshold.

McConnell could end that horse shit in 5 seconds. The problem is that he is part of that huge, wide, very deep SWAMP. For some reason he/they do not want that wall built.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
January 18, 2019, 03:08 PM
Sig2340
NANCY PELOSI PREPARES TO FLY TO BELGIUM ON HER OWN!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018