SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
LMAO, I think Trump just loves to troll and fuck with the Left as they are predictably going bonkers today over his buying (out of his own pocket BTW) a bunch of fast food burgers, fries and pizza for the Clemson Tigers who came to visit:

How gauche of him, I'm sure many a liberal snob sniffed at this... Roll Eyes

Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

How gauche of him, I'm sure many a liberal snob sniffed at this... Roll Eyes

Lovin’ it: Trump fetes champion Clemson with burgers, fries

If the WaPo hates it:
President Trump’s extravagant, $3,000, 300-sandwich celebration of Clemson University
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.b9183f6bc412

I love it!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
another obama appointed judge strikes agqain

https://thehill.com/regulation...citizenship-question

A federal judge in Manhattan ruled Tuesday that the Trump administration’s decision to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census was unlawful.

In his ruling, Judge Jesse Furman, of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, said Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross’s decision to add the question to the census was “arbitrary and capricious” and enjoined the administration from including it on the questionnaire.

Furman, an Obama appointee, said Ross violated a statute that requires him to collect data through the acquisition and use of “administrative records” instead of through “direct inquiries” on a survey such as the census.

Ross announced in March that he was granting a request from the Justice Department to reinstate the citizenship question on the decennial population count to help the agency better enforce the Voting Rights Act.

The decision led to a flurry of lawsuits across the country.

In his 277-page ruling, Furman called Ross’s violations of the Administrative Procedures Act (APA) “egregious.”

“He failed to consider several important aspects of the problem; alternately ignored, cherry-picked, or badly misconstrued the evidence in the record before him; acted irrationally both in light of that evidence and his own stated decisional criteria; and failed to justify significant departures from past policies and practices — a veritable smorgasbord of classic, clear-cut APA violations,” he wrote.

Furman said he was unable to find that Ross’s decision to add the question was a pretext for impermissible discrimination, as the challengers had argued. The judge said that was due, in part, to the Supreme Court’s decision to temporarily block a court order that would have forced Ross to be questioned under oath.

“As defense counsel more or less conceded during closing arguments, a deposition of Secretary Ross would have been the best evidence of the question at the heart of the due process inquiry — namely, the true nature of Secretary Ross’s intent in reinstating the citizenship question,” Furman said.

The Supreme Court agreed in October to stay Ross’s deposition and a month later said it would review the dispute over the breadth of discovery in the case. Arguments in the case are scheduled for Feb. 19.

Furman’s ruling stems from two lawsuits that were consolidated — one brought by 18 blue states, the District of Columbia, 15 cities and counties, and the U.S. Conference of Mayors, and another brought by a coalition of immigrant rights groups.

Furman acknowledged that his ruling was long, but said it was for good reason.

“As noted, the population count has massive and lasting consequences,” he said. “And it occurs only once a decade, with no possibility of a do-over if it turns out to be flawed.”

The Justice Department said it was disappointed and still reviewing the court’s ruling when reached by email Tuesday morning.

“Secretary Ross, the only person with legal authority over the census, reasonably decided to reinstate a citizenship question on the 2020 census in response to the Department of Justice’s request for better citizenship data, to protect voters against racial discrimination,” Justice Department spokeswoman Kelly Laco said in a statement.

“Not only has the government asked a citizenship question in the census for most of the last 200 years, 41 million households have already answered it on the American Community Survey since 2005.”

Laco said the government is legally entitled to include a citizenship question on the census and people in the United States have a legal obligation to answer.

“Reinstating the citizenship question ultimately protects the right to vote and helps ensure free and fair elections for all Americans,” she said.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope the Trump administration fights this. It is vital to get a handle on how many illegals there are.

Why should a state have more congressional representatives because of large numbers of illegals ?

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

President Trump does not discriminate! Smile

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's see some REAL reporting on this. We need ace reporters to track this fast food through the alimentary canals of the consumers, then follow it out to sewage processing and its inevitable end as fertilizer.

Come on. You want to be a reporter?? Then fucking report!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do they NEVER understand how ridiculous they look when they do crap like this?

This incessant "fact checking" literally every move or word Trump makes is getting a little old. Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

That spread looked delicious. I'm not surprised that a bunch of college ball players wiped it all out.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think the Census should include a question about citizenship, because the results are used to determine how many representatives in the House are apportioned to each state, and I don't think non-citizens should be counted for that. The Representatives in the House are supposed to represent the voters in their states and non-citizens don't (aren't supposed to) vote.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ross announced in March that he was granting a request from the Justice Department to reinstate the citizenship question on the decennial population count to help the agency better enforce the Voting Rights Act.

Have not done one of those census things, so have no idea whether asking about citizenship on it would make any difference. Is there, or would there be, a question referring to legal aliens? Or illegal aliens?

Seems to me that if gubbermint really wants/needs to know how many people are in the country there must be a less invasive way to do it. Are they really so fucking stupid that they think illegals would actually state it on a "gubbermint" document?

Seems to me, given the huge number of illegals in this country that any census result would miss the real total my millions.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
would miss the real total my millions.

that would be just fine

If all the illegals in California didn't participate in the census, California would lose 3 of its 53 seats in the House of Representatives.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson Show, Tuesday, January 15. Apparently, a lot of Democrats and media are certain that the President is a Russian spy. This contention bolstered by video clips from CNN and MSNBC (in particular) with guests like James Clapper and Carl Bernstein and the solemnly nodding heads of their mouthpieces. Yep, he’s a spy. Shit. I hate that. That’s bad, right?

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
LMAO, I think Trump just loves to troll

I have to wonder: would it have been an even bigger (more Yuge?) trolling if he'd had the catering done by Chick-fil-a rather than by McDonald's? Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed that anyone would think college students would want burgers and pizza. Wait, now that I read this statement, actually it makes sense that college students would be served burgers and pizza. And fries. They do want fries with that.

Ignem Feram

Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chuck and Nancy could be eating crow at Alice's, and still wouldn't get a fucking thing they want.

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The great Roger Kimball’s take on the McFeast:

quote:
Trump’s burger fête was a masterpiece
The president not only ate a bunch of burgers, he just ate the Left’s lunch, again

Roger Kimball
It wasn’t quite the Cena Trimalchionis, but the robust, non-sissy feast that the President of the United States laid on for the Clemson Tigers — the college football team that just won the national championship — would in its own way have been the envy of Petronius’s diners. No larks’ tongues, but plenty of Big Macs, Whoppers, French fries, and pizza, all served up on gleaming White House china with the condiment proffered from silver bowls.

Donald Trump paid for the repast himself — 1,000 hamburgers he said at one point, though fact checkers at the publicity arm of the Democratic National Committee said that there were probably no more than 300. Since FBI agents were in attendance, the matter was being referred to Special Counsel Robert Mueller for investigation.

The unusual catering arrangements were sparked by the make-believe government ‘shutdown.’ The usual staff were unavailable to perform their duty; the Democrats among them were presumably on a fact-finding mission to inspect lanky blondes in bikinis in Puerto Rico and other sunny climes.

The president joked that he had thought about having the First and Second Ladies prepare salad, but he knew that the Clemson athletes did not use Gillette products (in about a month no man who is not an interior decorator will) and that they would prefer burgers to tofu and spouts. Note that he was admirably ecumenical in his choice of victuals. Wendy’s, McDonald’s, Burger King; ‘If it’s American’, Trump said, ‘I like it.’ Looking over the the beefcakes for whom he ordered the beef, the President observed that ‘We have some very large people that like eating, so I think we’re going to have a little fun.’

Fun? Fun? Did the President of the United States talk about having fun? I don’t know which offended the guardians of public virtue more, Donald Trump’s invocation of an activity they haven’t indulged in since grade school or his jest that Melania and Mrs Pence might have prepared salads for the athletes. THAT’S NOT FUNNY! One of CNN’s resident harridans called the remark ‘appalling’ and went on to wonder whether the President would not be satisfied until he had alienated every Republican woman voter in the country.

In fact, honey, he is just trying, and succeeding, in driving voters like you — all the losers that actually pay attention to CNN — bonkers.

Some facts: Trump’s burger fête was great theater. It was a magnanimous thing to do. It was a politically savvy thing to do. The president not only ate a bunch of burgers, he just ate the Left’s lunch, again.

The serious point was articulated by Sarah Sanders, the President’s press secretary. ‘Because the Democrats refuse to negotiate on border security, much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed – so the President is personally paying for the event to be catered with some of everyone’s favorite fast foods.’

Two more facts. This heart-warming (though possibly indigestion causing) episode demonstrates once again how nimble the President is on his feet. He thinks quickly. The White House cooks are unavailable. He wants to do something for a great college football team. He improvises, brilliantly.

The second fact is that the Left’s yapping, hysterical reaction to the event—‘Sexist!’ ‘Unpresidential!’ ‘Unhealthy!’ — reminds most of America just how out of touch with most of America they are. There is a menopause of the spirit as well as of the body, and the Left is deep into heat-flash and night-sweats territory.

Link

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
These kids LOVED it, and it drives those CNN types crazy!

Does this look like a college student unhappy to be there? Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I think the Census should include a question about citizenship, because the results are used to determine how many representatives in the House are apportioned to each state, and I don't think non-citizens should be counted for that. The Representatives in the House are supposed to represent the voters in their states and non-citizens don't (aren't supposed to) vote.

flashguy

Makes absolutely too much sense!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post