SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nidal Hasan to be executed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Nidal Hasan to be executed Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Do they put an aiming point marker on the perp’s chest?

Traditionally, yes.

Another “tradition,” if it can be believed, is that the rifle of one squad member would be loaded with a blank cartridge. The idea was that anyone could claim that he didn’t actually fire a killing shot. I first heard that from my father, but although I didn’t know better in my youth, it actually makes no sense because any experienced shooter would know whether he fired a live round. Plus whoever loaded the rifles would also know. I’ve never tried to determine whether there was any truth to the claim, but it comes up on occasion in discussions about firing squads.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 50015 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Its true, at least in Utah. Ronnie Lee Gardner 2010, 5 rifles and 4 bullet holes in the wood- Utah confirmed one of the .308s was loaded with a blank.

https://archive.sltrib.com/sto...ef=/news/ci_15325356



"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"
 
Posts: 3581 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Its true, at least in Utah.

Thanks. Interesting to know.

I could always see some validity for wartime military executions when the firing squad members may have had no choice in the duty.
“Jones, you’re on tomorrow’s firing squad for that Nazi officer.”
“Sarge, that wasn’t what I signed up for. I’d rather not.”
“Jones, you’re an MP, and that’s part of our duties. No arguments.”
Later: “Yeah, my rifle had the blank. I never killed anyone.”

And for example with the type of firing squad executions I’ve seen pictured in World War II, it would have been easy enough for someone to deliberately miss. With everyone shooting from the offhand (standing) position firing into a backstop wall used for the purpose, I believe that would have easily been possible. Even if it was obvious that someone missed, “Sarge, I was nervous and jerked the shot.”
There were many contemporary accounts of botched efforts that had to be finished with a shot to the head by the officer in charge: Poor marksmanship or deliberate misses?

For anyone who could refuse to participate though, it seems like a somewhat dubious fiction. Would one guy have a syringe filled with saline and another the syringe with the lethal drug?
But not my decision, and I wouldn’t be one pulling a trigger.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 50015 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
with the technology of today, it would be easy enough to automate the rifle to fire based on some computer programming, eliminate the need for a person to have to fire it.

Doesn't even have to be high tech, mount the gun, aim, load, attach string to trigger and run it to a machine that will pull the trigger.
 
Posts: 28645 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
They should contact the survivors of his attack and see if any of them want to be a shooter, I’d bet they’d have more than enough volunteers
 
Posts: 3500 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 115043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
^^^just saw this news and came here to see if it had been posted yet.

Hmm live streaming his execution. Not sure its something I would want to watch myself but for those whom lives were effected from this monsters actions I would think that they would want to view it.
 
Posts: 18757 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
POTUS is sending a fucking message to Jihad mother fuckers in the Middle East. Good!



What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
 
Posts: 14267 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Wow! That’s going to get a lot of views around the world!
Awesome!


------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
 
Posts: 7395 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^
The shots heard ‘round the world.



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11852 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I think the firing squad should use FN Five-seveN pistols.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,


________________________________________________________
The trouble with trouble is; it always starts out as fun.
 
Posts: 5109 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I was thinking that the other day.
 
Posts: 7968 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, this will end 'workplace violence'.
 
Posts: 251 | Registered: April 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/columnist...ist-scumbag-n2684414


Kurt Schlichter is back for another episode of "Stream of Kurtiousness!" Become a VIP member today to get exclusive access to Kurt's weekly VIP column, the Unredacted podcast series, and, of course, this VIP podcast! All uncensored! Use promo code FIGHT to get 60 percent off your membership!

Welcome back to the "Stream of Kurtiousness!" Nidal Hasan, the jihadi scumbag, pagan freak who murdered 13 soldiers, is going to be sent to death via a military firing squad at Fort Hood on December 3rd. This is personal for me, as I knew one of the victims. It's been seventeen years since he committed this terrorist attack, and it's time he pays for his sins. I'm thankful to Pete Hegseth for recommending his death sentence and President Trump for approving it. Of course, there will be legal battles by scumbags trying to protect this terrorist's life, but the execution will go through. We don't really know how the logistics of this firing squad will work since it's such a unique case. Usually there are twelve people lined up with guns, with a target set on the man's chest. One to three guns are loaded with blanks; that way, no one knows who fired the kill shot. If he somehow survives, the sergeant-at-arms will shoot him in the head. They planned and rehearsed this well before his death. It will not be screwed up. Justice is finally coming to the families of the victims at Fort Hood.


---------------------
DJT-45/47 MAGA !!!!!

“Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.”

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken
 
Posts: 3290 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
One to three guns are loaded with blanks; that way, no one knows who fired the kill shot.

Well, just as I mentioned—assuming that guy really knows what the procedure will be.

But if he’s correct about gun(s) being loaded with blanks, his statement that “no one knows” who fired live rounds or blanks demonstrates he doesn’t know much about shooting. Anyone who wouldn’t know whether he fired a live round or a blank shouldn’t be on the firing squad at all. If some sort of blind randomized method of issuing the guns with live ammo and those with blanks were followed, it would be less likely that any people other than the shooters would know, but even that’s not certain. If the shooters are videoed when they fire, recoil or lack thereof might make it clear which rifles had the blanks.

Hopefully the shooters won’t be pictured or otherwise identified publicly, but I cannot imagine that the entire process including the weapons’ being fired won’t be videoed for the record.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 50015 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The state of South Carolina has recently started using the firing squad. Their protocol uses 3 volunteer shooters. Standing shooters are positioned 15 feet from the condemned who is strapped to a chair. A medical professional uses an x-ray to establish the location of the condemned individual's heart, and a target is placed. A hood is placed over the felon's head after his final words and a shade is lifted to reveal the target to the shooters. All three shooters have live ammunition and fire at the same time without a verbal warning.
 
Posts: 2531 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I watched Hegseths interview- my favorite part was when the reporter started asking a question inquiring if Hasan has made any statements, requests, etc. Pete cut him off with “I don’t care”. No venom, no wasted emotion. A simple 3 word statement.

“I don’t care.”




“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
 
Posts: 16631 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
When?
 
Posts: 1896 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Found it, December 3, 2026.
 
Posts: 1896 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
One to three guns are loaded with blanks; that way, no one knows who fired the kill shot
No. Every shooter will know whether they fired a blank or a live round. Just give them all live rounds and be done with it and forget this blank cartridge BS.


_________________________________________________________________________
“A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.”
-- Mark Twain, 1902
 
Posts: 10630 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nidal Hasan to be executed

© SIGforum 2026