SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

If Schumer is acting nice, reasonable, agreeable, he doesn’t mean anything by it. He is just trying to put you off your guard. Trump knows this better then just about anyone.

He is utterly untrustworthy, completely phony, unctuous, insincere, the Eddie Haskell of his generation.

“Unctuous?” I don’t know, but tell he’s “Eddie Haskell” and I nod my head sagely.

From Merriam-Webster

unctuous adjective
unc·tu·ous | \ ˈəŋ(k)-chə-wəs , -chəs , -shwəs \
Definition of unctuous
1 : having, revealing, or marked by a smug, ingratiating, and false earnestness or spirituality
2a : FATTY, OILY
b : smooth and greasy in texture or appearance
3 : PLASTIC
fine unctuous clay

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unctuous

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's not just politicians any more. Yesterday Brian Kilmeade of Fox was stalked and threatened in NYC.

Their plan starting about 2 years ago was to unleash absolute chaos in society, something at least close to a civil war--widespread intimidation, violence and destruction.

But they are a bunch of pussies with a few psychos thrown in. If you really want to cause chaos, maybe start a civil war, you need to put your life on the line, not just break a window. Pfft. They got nuthin'. The snowflake revolution-- let's upset Senator Cruz's dinner! Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If Schumer is acting nice, reasonable, agreeable, he doesn’t mean anything by it. He is just trying to put you off your guard. Trump knows this better then just about anyone.

He is utterly untrustworthy, completely phony, unctuous, insincere, the Eddie Haskell of his generation.

“Unctuous?” I don’t know, but tell he’s “Eddie Haskell” and I nod my head sagely.

I watched Leave It To Beaver religiously when I was a young lad. Schumer is no Eddie Haskell - Eddie actually did the right things a couple of time.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10737 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.americanthinker.co...lefts_game_away.html

Crazed leftist tweet about ruining Kavanaugh gives the left's game away
By Monica Showalter
Why are Republicans and decent people everywhere celebrating the Senate confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh?

Lots of reasons, but one of them is tweets like this:

Ariel Dumas tweet: "Whatever happens, I'm just glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh's life"

she later deleted the tweet.

The writer of this vile tweet is a writer on the Stephen Colbert show, and has nearly 40,000 followers on Twitter. As the Senate confirmation vote was gearing up, she wanted everyone to know that "whatever happens" she is "just" glad she ruined a man's life. Never mind if he was innocent, never mind any of the facts or corroborations or shifting stories of his accuser. The important thing to her was ruining his life. That was what mattered.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

back on 9 Nov 2016, Stephen Colbert said:

'How did our politics get so poisonous?'

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:

Only one thing worse than not getting what you want, and that is getting what you say you want.

Hoorah for Harry!

A big this! We all owe that scheming piece of crap a debt of gratitude for executing the nuclear option without a single thought about secondary effects when it seemed politically expedient for them. I hope - sincerely - that he goes to bed every single night for the rest of his life thinking about his role in making this happen.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sen. Cory Gardner reveals wife received graphic text of beheading after Kavanaugh vote

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...after-kavanaugh-vote

In the wake of his vote to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh on Saturday, Republican Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., revealed to Fox News on Sunday that his wife had received a graphic text message with a video depicting a beheading, and that someone has publicly posted the names and addresses of his family members.

Gardner announced his support for Kavanaugh in July, and reaffirmed it after reviewing the supplemental FBI report into uncorroborated sexual misconduct allegations against him.

Late last month, Gardner received a letter from an anonymous individual apparently in Denver, alleging that Kavanaugh had "shoved" someone up against a wall "very aggressively and sexually" during an outing in 1998 in front of four witnesses. The allegation was later deemed not to be credible.

"Every victim of abuse, assault, and violence has been through an unspeakable tragedy and we need to do a better job listening to them, ensuring support is available, and fighting to end abuse of any kind," Gardner said in a statement prior to receiving the graphic text messages. "I hope that the partisan divide we all feel today does not hinder the people that have bravely come forward.”

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Ariel Dumas tweet: "Whatever happens, I'm just glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh's life"

Someone can let Ariel Dumbass know that Justice Kavanaugh's life, for the next 30-35 years as a supreme court justice, is going to be just fine.

Her's on the other hand may include bouts of depression, fits of rage, incoherent babbling and other such verbal nonsense.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3800 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
quote:

I watched Leave It To Beaver religiously when I was a young lad. Schumer is no Eddie Haskell - Eddie actually did the right things a couple of time.

I guess Chuck missed those episodes.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Overall, I cannot think of a worse three weeks for those who wish to put an end to the stereotype about women being spiteful, driven by emotion, and lacking in reason.

Ga-zanga!!!
I have sometimes laughed out loud at posts here, but never before have I startled the dust mites by shouting, “Oh, ho!” in response to anything I have read ever, anywhere.

I remarked earlier that the real victims of actual sexual assaults should be furious at the Democrats and the deluded women they cynically manipulated and exploited in this sorry affair, and hopefully that will have meaningful consequences. What Nolte’s statement above demonstrates, however, is something far more significant. Every misogynistic male who wants support for his belief that women are all of those things and more could not have asked for greater confirmation of their biases than the actions of the likes of DiFi, the other Democrat women senators, and the mindless, rabid demonstrators who supported them.

Are all women like that? Of course not. The two women I know the best aren’t, and neither is there reason to believe that most women who aren’t governed by unthinking rhetoric and gender politics are like that.

Unfortunately, however, we tend to reason and generalize from the specific to the general, and when some women—especially powerful, influential women—demonstrate such characteristics, it’s easy for some to tar them all with the same brush. I have stopped having discussions with a self-avowed “hairy-legged liberal” and fellow Mensa member of my acquaintance. I cannot but fear, however, that she allowed her leftist views to cloud an otherwise magnificent mind and fall into the same spiteful, emotional irrationality during the last several weeks. If I’m wrong and judged her unfairly with no evidence, well, that’s what people get for hanging out with a bad crowd.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47467 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm still laughing! OMG this is funny.

Two UFC post fight interviews.

First one the winner gives a shout out to his "homie, Brett Kavanaugh." "Way to go Special K!" Big Grin
https://www.breitbart.com/spor...ugh-after-match-win/

Second, and this one is NSFW with the language, the winner says President Trump told him to knock out his Russian opponent.
https://www.breitbart.com/spor...russian-fighter-out/

EPIC

Just tooooo much. Like Breitbart declared: a culture shift! W I N N I N G Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16327 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:

By Monica Showalter
Why are Republicans and decent people everywhere celebrating the Senate confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh?

The writer of this vile tweet is a writer on the Stephen Colbert show, and has nearly 40,000 followers on Twitter. As the Senate confirmation vote was gearing up, she wanted everyone to know that "whatever happens" she is "just" glad she ruined a man's life. Never mind if he was innocent, never mind any of the facts or corroborations or shifting stories of his accuser. The important thing to her was ruining his life. That was what mattered.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And how hard the Left has tried to validate this in the past weeks....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Does Justice Kavanaugh have his clerks in place so he can hit the ground running? I haven’t been able to find anything about that on the web. I’m guessing that he’ll bring his D.C. Circuit clerks along.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9138 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Does Justice Kavanaugh have his clerks in place so he can hit the ground running? I haven’t been able to find anything about that. I’m guessing that he’ll bring his D.C. Circuit clerks along.

Yes, he does. When nominated, judges select 4 people to serve as their initial clerks so that clearances and background checks can be done, and they can start getting up to speed on what will be required when the judge takes the seat.

In this case, Kavanaugh noted during his Used Ford Hearing that he had advanced more female clerks than anyone in the federal court system, and that the four clerks he had pre-selected for the Supreme Court were all women.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12821 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

By Monica Showalter

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ruined?

He was confirmed to what is arguably the best job in the world. He is beholden to no one and can do whatever his conscience and intellect tells him is the right thing.

Please ruin my life in that way.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53145 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
quote:

I guess Chuck missed those episodes.

For some reason slimeball Chuck always makes me think of this slimeball

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4360 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

By Monica Showalter

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ruined?

He was confirmed to what is arguably the best job in the world. He is beholden to no one and can do whatever his conscience and intellect tells him is the right thing.

I agree with your comments, but that 'was' a really horrific thing to type and share, and offers a window into the sick minds of our enemy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

By Monica Showalter

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ruined?

I think he was referring to the murder and rape threats against his family and the dragging of his reputation through the mud. I thought "destroyed my family" was a bit over the top in his statements, but uncorroborated reports of rape and attempted rape plus the left's reaction definitely had the potential to destroy his or anyone's family life.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

From Merriam-Webster

unctuous adjective
unc·tu·ous | \ ˈəŋ(k)-chə-wəs , -chəs , -shwəs \
Definition of unctuous
1 : having, revealing, or marked by a smug, ingratiating, and false earnestness or spirituality
2a : FATTY, OILY
b : smooth and greasy in texture or appearance
3 : PLASTIC
fine unctuous clay

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unctuous

Haha....definitions #1 and #2 certainly apply.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I liked this one

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"so that he can begin to participate in the work of the Court immediately"

from Ariane de Vogue tweet:

Kavanaugh has hired four female clerks per a source familiar . In anticipation he also read the briefs for next week's cases.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Ruined?

Please ruin my life in that way.[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to the murder and rape threats against his family and the dragging of his reputation through the mud. I thought "destroyed my family" was a bit over the top in his statements, but uncorroborated reports of rape and attempted rape plus the left's reaction definitely had the potential to destroy his or anyone's family life.[/QUOTE]

Wait! Aren't you supposed to be on your honeymoon Skins? Man, you need to read the manual on how to do that. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post