SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
In the aftermath, I have some observations/questions for those forum members from West Virginia:

Joe Manchin- in the media just prior to the vote, it was stated he didn’t want to be the deciding vote, but wouldn’t mind being the +1 or +2 vote. Indeed his announcement of support was literally seconds after Collins made her support known. All politicians have a survival mode/risk avoidance sensibility at one point or another in their careers, Manchin’s blatant weaseling seems way more transparent and pointedly obvious than voters could or should stomach. What am I missing?

Manchin's opponent is not very appealing. I've watch him, and though he seems to be pro-Trump and in every way on our side, I can understand perfectly why people in West Virginia would vote for Manchin over him. Manchin is the only democrat that I even remotely like.

Like another member said earlier, I'll gladly take six more years of Manchin for 30 plus years of Kavanaugh.

Of course, another Republican on the Senate is always welcome.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Booker has been using a variety of junior high school drama posturings that he must think adds to the profundity of his otherwise lame oral presentations.

Newsflash Cory....phony posturing, gesturing, moving your arms & strutting your internal Spartacus fantasy isn't the same as having actual significant content in your lame oratorical presentation.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9860 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
if the Dems won every single Senate race this cycle, which is next to impossible, they'd still be 10 votes short of what's needed to convict after the House impeaches. So no danger there. But if the Dems take the House, which is very possible, the WH's new daily routine will be responding to subpoenas and probably fighting an impeachment or even two.

Posts: 3590 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
if the Dems won every single Senate race this cycle, which is next to impossible, they'd still be 10 votes short of what's needed to convict after the House impeaches. So no danger there. But if the Dems take the House, which is very possible, the WH's new daily routine will be responding to subpoenas and probably fighting an impeachment or even two.
Don't buy into that "very possible" media narrative BS. The Dem's have screwed up so big, are running so short on campaign cash, and are running candidates so incompetent and flawed, that the House is no where near a given for them at this point. Personally, I think the Dem's are going to be very disappointed overall when the final vote counts are completed.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
^^^
Indeed. If the media is shouting it from the mountaintops, I now assume they are terrified of the actual truth.

Posts: 11376 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I though impeachable offenses are only those done during the duration of service. Justice Kavanaugh just started on his new position less than 36 hours ago.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Cory Booker says Kavanaugh impeachment shouldn't be off the table

Impeach? For just what, exactly? There's been no crime? And obviously, other allegations are entirely unfounded as well.

Cheese and crackers, man! Has Booker been sipping Maxine Waters' "Impeach 45" Kool-aid? Frown
They have more in common than just being rabid Leftist Democrats. I won't say more.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
^^^
Indeed. If the media is shouting it from the mountaintops, I now assume they are terrified of the actual truth.

I also agree. I didn’t think the Dems would do well BEFORE this boondoggle. Now I think they’ll do worse. This last month is going to feel a lot like the last 3 months leading to 11.2016.

It’s gonna be ok.

Posts: 6392 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Read this and then try and argue that liberalism is not a serious mental disorder. These people are bat shit crazy.

The Brett Kavanaugh travesty will breed a formidable backlash

Great Caesar's ghost, somebody poured out the entire bucket of adjectives in that article! Overreacting and sensationalism, anyone?

God bless America.

Posts: 13581 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
The Democrats failed strategy makes them look weak in the coming mid-term elections.
They are literally shitting blood.

This is just posturing and hubris pandering to their base.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7182 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

If Schumer is acting nice, reasonable, agreeable, he doesn’t mean anything by it. He is just trying to put you off your guard. Trump knows this better then just about anyone.

He is utterly untrustworthy, completely phony, unctuous, insincere, the Eddie Haskell of his generation.

“Unctuous?” I don’t know, but tell he’s “Eddie Haskell” and I nod my head sagely.

From Merriam-Webster

unctuous adjective
unc·tu·ous | \ ˈəŋ(k)-chə-wəs , -chəs , -shwəs \
Definition of unctuous
1 : having, revealing, or marked by a smug, ingratiating, and false earnestness or spirituality
2a : FATTY, OILY
b : smooth and greasy in texture or appearance
3 : PLASTIC
fine unctuous clay

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unctuous

"Unctuous": Perfect description for Schumer's manner.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Ruined?

He was confirmed to what is arguably the best job in the world. He is beholden to no one and can do whatever his conscience and intellect tells him is the right thing.

Please ruin my life in that way.

Okay, here goes:

"I heard that jhe did hookers and blow someplace at sometime."

That should be enough to get the ball rolling, right? Smile

Posts: 5001 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just because I think we can all use a good laugh, I offer the following piece of leftist twaddle and rampant delusion.

Best part was the statement begging for money at the close of the article:

Since you’re here… … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the Guardian than ever, but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. . Big Grin

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Don't buy into that "very possible" media narrative BS. The Dem's have screwed up so big, are running so short on campaign cash, and are running candidates so incompetent and flawed, that the House is no where near a given for them at this point. Personally, I think the Dem's are going to be very disappointed overall when the final vote counts are completed.

House races are always, always less competitive than Senate races. So many of those districts are gerrymandered to keep someone in office for life. The state politics controls those district boundaries and they make them, to the extent they can, iron clad safe for one party or the other. No such thing with Senate races. The Soviet Politburo has a lower incumbent reelection rate than the US House.

Posts: 3590 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I though impeachable offenses are only those done during the duration of service. Justice Kavanaugh just started on his new position less than 36 hours ago.

Article III judges (district, appellate, supremes) serve “during good behavior” not necessarily high crimes and misdemeanors.

That high crimes etc. language appears in Article II applies to the President and Vice President.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Ah Impeachment!!! Why yes I know one associate justice who is certainly due for an impeachment hearing.

Can you guess who? Sleeps during hearings and other functions? Has her clerks write opinions?

Anyone? Anyone?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Someone should contact the Trump-hating Stephen King and ask him to consider a reboot of his novel, changing the automobile from a Plymouth to a Ford.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^
Umm, I believe that's about the protesters being paid, not that they protested. Not that I would wrap fish heads in the NYT, but I think that's the gist of that.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
^^^
Umm, I believe that's about the protesters being paid, not that they protested. Not that I would wrap fish heads in the NYT, but I think that's the gist of that.

The point is the "without proof" and "without evidence". The same thing these maggots were accusing Justice Kavanaugh of. No proof and no evidence, but simply with allegations, and they ate all up.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post