SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Schumer said on day one he would fight BKs nomination to the court. Where is the fair in that. With all the underhanded tricks he has pulled even before the release of the Ford letter.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Murkowski is up for reelection in 2022

Collins is up for reelection in 2020

There should be grooming starting now to replace both of them

Posts: 19658 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
It is a shame Alaska can't find a way to replace her earlier than that.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:

It was from the Babylon Bee, a satire site.

Link
So FAKE NEWS. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Not fake news...just comedy.

Posts: 6069 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Alaska members; remind us again when Murkowski has a primary run. I want to donate to her opposition.

Posts: 12824 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Schumer said on day one he would fight BKs nomination to the court. Where is the fair in that. With all the underhanded tricks he has pulled even before the release of the Ford letter.

Several pages back is a story from NYT about Schumer’s dread of Kavanaugh all the way back to 2003. I suggested that may have been seen as a mark in K’s favor at the WH.

He has been in the plotting and scheming from the start, maybe a creator of some of it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Alaska members; remind us again when Murkowski has a primary run. I want to donate to her opposition.

Murkowski was primaried a couple elections ago. She lost the nomination but won her Senate seat as independent write-in candidate. People in Alaska seem to love themselves some of that good ol' Murkowski magic.

Posts: 6069 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Collins speaking on floor....
Sounds like a "yes" vote.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Susan Collins speaking now on the floor to declare her decision for tomorrow's vote

So far she's preaching the truth.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Sounds like she’s laying the foundation for a “YES”!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11015 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Sounds like she’s laying the path for a “YES”!

Sounds like it...but we all thought Comey was laying out the path to charging Hillary....right before he let her skate.

I'm waiting until Collins says she's voting for him.

(BTW isn't that some Hollywood actress over Collins left shoulder)

Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Is Collins the deciding vote?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4936 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:

If she votes yes, then it's a done deal/
If she votes no, Manchin would be the deciding vote.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:

There are about 5 different scenarios about how it will play out. Her "Yes" vote makes it a lot easier.

At the end of the day, Judge Kavanaugh will be confirmed.

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I just tuned in. She sounds nervous as hell and railing against Trump.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6861 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

That’s her normal speech pattern.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5437 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
She sounds like she's explaining to the Senate (and everybody else) why the entire Senate should vote to confirm.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

That’s her normal speech pattern.

Yup, that's how she always talks.

If she were to vote "no" after how she's talking now, that would be akin to a sucker punch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post