SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:
I believe he is a good man it just may be that in my view he's not the right man for the court at this time," said Murkowski

What a pathetic statement.

What's wrong with Alaska? How did that state vote her into office?

Posts: 8651 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I read that Alyssa Milano tweeted that she was still waiting for the FBI to interview her to get the "celebrity perspective".

Keep waiting and waiting and waiting bitch!

RMD
Source?

Hell, I can't remember. It wasn't a memorable comment coming from that twit.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20344 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I read that Alyssa Milano tweeted that she was still waiting for the FBI to interview her to get the "celebrity perspective".

RMD
Source?

RMD

It was from the Babylon Bee, a satire site.

Link

Posts: 6070 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
I just sent a respectful but terse letter to Murkowski's senate office mailbox, stating that we expect her to vote as a Republican and to support Judge BK! He deserves it, Ford's appearance was not convincing, we were not fooled.

HK Ag
I don't expect her vote as a Republican, I expect her, and every other elected "representative," to vote in the best interests of people she was elected to represent.
Murkowski is a RINO. Her father was former Gov of Alaska and then one of Alaska's US Senators. The 2010 election (age 53) was the first job she's had in her entire life that her father didn't get her. The Tea Party candidate won the Republican primary largely because Murkowski was campaigning against 0bama not against others in the primary (another factor was Tea Party candidates were a force in 2010). She ran a write in campaign and won by a slim margin of victory. I was living in Alaska at the time and that election was despicable. Her father's cronies and her staff went to every remote village in Alaska, and made promises that would make a Democrat blush. Additionally, people at voting locations were breaking Alaska's voting regulations to help people spell her name correctly for the write-in campaign.

The reason that I wrote the above is that the federation representing remote villages is against Kavanaugh, and she is beholden to them. Alaska settled native lands differently than the Lower 48 under a federal law called Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) which is tied to another federal law called Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act (ANILCA). This lead to the natives establishing twelve regions with both a government structure and a native corporation w/ the villagers as shareholder. You combine this all together and you have a lot of power in the hands of very few people. These native corporations get preferential treatment with state and federal projects. The best example of a native corporation is Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC) and its subsidiaries.

All you have to do is follow the money and you'll see why Alaska Federation of Natives opposed Kavanaugh and now Murkowski is voting no.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23422 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I hope the RNC tells her she will not be receiving any support during here reelection primary bid. Not one thin dime. It all goes to her opponent.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Ed Rollins said his PAC will primary any (R) “no” vote. He mentioned that he had access to $MMs.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Ed Rollins said his PAC will primary any (R) “no” vote. He mentioned that he had access to $MMs.

He's a fighter too. In every sense.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Simple. She caved (posted earlier)

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ha! Perfect, Tigerdore.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Sigh...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6250 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more detailed Murkowski statement

her logic is the issues are bigger than the nominee

translation: howling mobs have more impact than decades of outstanding achievement and character

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yes, dear, it is truly a time when "we need to be thinking again about the credibility and the integrity of our institutions". Now go sit in your office and contemplate that carefully in light of the Dems' deliberate and utterly baseless attempt at character accusation.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
a pathetic statement from a pathetic person

if he's a good man, then he's a good man

period

end of story

she may have just slit her own throat

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Hey Lisa, how about you just say goodbye to the Senate already ...

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
BK confirmed or not, the Republicans are idiots if she gets any Republican support in the AK primaries. Time to start remembering things.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Murkowski's statement is sad. She is giving the Democrats a license to derail any nomination by simply throwing enough mud. Even if there is zero evidence to corroborate any allegations, as is the case here, the mere raising of the allegations is enough to taint the integrity of the nominee and the institution to which he is seeking confirmation.

That is a recipe for disaster. And so blindlingly obvious, that her vote signals, to me at least, that she may be negotiating a party switch.

Posts: 6070 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
She is going to write "a floor statement that is more fulsome." Really? I don't think your statement could be any more fulsome, you ignorant twatwaffle. You don't even know what the word "fulsome" means. Roll Eyes

Fulsome: offensive to good taste, especially as being excessive; overdone or gross: fulsome praise that embarrassed her deeply; fulsome décor. disgusting; sickening; repulsive: a table heaped with fulsome mounds of greasy foods.

Without intending it, she described her statement perfectly: disgusting, sickening, repulsive.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
more detailed Murkowski statement

her logic is the issues are bigger than the nominee

translation: howling mobs have more impact than decades of outstanding achievement and character
I think that may be the dumbest thing I've ever read. And she "cried" in the hallway? Really? Any elected official that has so little control of their emotions should resign immediately.

This moron claims concern for the integrity of our institutions, then votes 'no' on one of, if not the most qualified, judges to ever be nominated to the high court justifying the Dem's atrocious behavior and guaranteeing the "institutions" will be permanently damaged. Oh yeah, she's a real prize. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
She cried in the hallway because she shot her career in the face.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
quote:
quote:

RMD
Source?

RMD

It was from the Babylon Bee, a satire site.

Link
So FAKE NEWS. Thanks.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post