SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
How come Christine Ford did not start off with; "Dear Penthouse Forum, ...", as anyone else whoever told such stories?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44059 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
How come Christine Ford did not start off with; "Dear Penthouse Forum, ...", as anyone else whoever told such stories?

Oh, now that's easy: she couldn't remember enough about the encounter to make up a good story! Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9225 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
I have been riveted to the hearings today.

My view:
1. Ford came across many times as a stoner.
2. Ford telling her therapist in 2012 about Kavanaugh (named in the records) is the only problematic parts of her testimony.
3. The submitted testimony of the people who were supposedly there refuting Ford's claims did not get repeated enough.
3. Graham and Cruz were spot on

Most importantly, how many questions were about Kavanaugh's court record? uh, none!

I hope the three fence sitting republicans look at the evidence available.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I think we have a confirmed SCOTUS judge.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Maybe Ford was molested by someone, and if she was I feel bad for her. Really, it may well be true.

Aside from that she seems flaky and weak. She says that this assault has affected her for her entire life since it happened. I tend to think that if it weren't this event then it would have been something else. Her whole persona appears wounded. It's her nature or a way of life.

Mostly she was just a convenient pawn for the Dems. Although I think she was complicit, at least in a political sense.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
I have been riveted to the hearings today.

My view:
1. Ford came across many times as a stoner.
2. Ford telling her therapist in 2012 about Kavanaugh (named in the records) is the only problematic parts of her testimony.
3. The submitted testimony of the people who were supposedly there refuting Ford's claims did not get repeated enough.
3. Graham and Cruz were spot on

Most importantly, how many questions were about Kavanaugh's court record? uh, none!

I hope the three fence sitting republicans look at the evidence available.

How many questions were there about Ford's college yearbook? About her scrubbed social media record? Her history as a party girl? Seemed fair game for Kavanaugh....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Why are we allowing this to take place?

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I wish they could vote by Saturday, at the latest, so the Dems can't bring up any more nefarious charges against KB. That is the full SENATE vote.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2415 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
This was a historic day in the historic times we live in. Today the patriots have won a battle but to be sure the war will continue.

It was said by Graham and several others today that Ford was as much of a victim as Kavanaugh and I think that's true to an extent. I think the realization hit her when she discovered that the Republicans were prepared to fly to meet her in California and she knew nothing about it. Her democrat handlers kept it from her. It was obvious on her face it caught her by surprise. No doubt she was politically motivated to do this but never wanted it and was most likely assured it would never get this far. The democrats used and played her for everything they could get.

This is why they had to arrange for the most docile of conditions for her to testify. She looked like she was going to vomit the first 5 minutes of that hearing.

Had she had to endure and respond to any kind of questioning near what Kavanaugh did she would have had to leave the building and would have never returned.

She had to leave there knowing how she was used by her handlers. But I'm sure the $800K she has raised between her two Go Fund me accounts are taking some of the sting out of it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
The only thing I can say about Graham is apparently McCain DID have his balls and Graham got them back and took them on a test drive today.

Posts: 3990 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
“The revolution will be televised.” ~ Gil Scott-Heron

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I cant believe how much Feinstien looks like the Emperor from Star Wars, but I digress.

I watched very little but from what I saw Brett handled himself very well. He can see through their B.S. and seem ahead of them at times.

As for him getting angry; he should its his name. Reminds me of the ending in Crucible with Daniel Day-Lewis.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3889 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, as I've said before, sometimes even a blind squirrel will find his nuts Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
The only thing I can say about Graham is apparently McCain DID have his balls and Graham got them back and took them on a test drive today.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4341 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About the earlier post of mine about the locked door, the door was locked from the inside, NOT the out side! Thus she or someone had to unlock it from the inside. How much time would that have taken?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

It was said by Graham and several others today that Ford was as much of a victim as Kavanaugh and I think that's true to an extent. I think the realization hit her when she discovered that the Republicans were prepared to fly to meet her in California and she knew nothing about it. Her democrat handlers kept it from her. It was obvious on her face it caught her by surprise. No doubt she was politically motivated to do this but never wanted it and was most likely assured it would never get this far. The democrats used and played her for everything they could get.

Maybe she’s been sheltered and not watching the news due to the problems she reported but the Republican offer to fly committee members or even female committee staff members to California to question her was reported (pretty widely, I believe) in the news last week. If the Democrats or her attorneys kept this from her, they should be censured (or worse).

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2126 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump:

Judge Kavanaugh showed America exactly why I nominated him. His testimony was powerful, honest, and riveting. Democrats’ search and destroy strategy is disgraceful and this process has been a total sham and effort to delay, obstruct, and resist. The Senate must vote!

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I have new found respect for Lindsey Graham. He gets to be his own man now that McCain isn't dictating what he does.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
President Trump:

Judge Kavanaugh showed America exactly why I nominated him. His testimony was powerful, honest, and riveting. Democrats’ search and destroy strategy is disgraceful and this process has been a total sham and effort to delay, obstruct, and resist. The Senate must vote!

FUCKING.A!!!

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
One of my students is strong Pro-Life and she was there. The kids got up at 2:30am to leave at 3.

Hundreds of Liberty Univ. Students Head to DC to Counter Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters

Link to FoxNews Article

Also, covered by the Huff Post

With a Supreme Court seat hanging in the balance, students from Liberty University will rally in Washington, D.C., in support of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh and one of his sexual assault accusers, Christine Blasey Ford, are to set testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee in a critical hearing Thursday.

Ford has accused Kavanaugh of forcing himself on her when they were both high school students in the early 1980s. Kavanaugh has emphatically denied the allegation, but Ford's sexual misconduct claim and several others have placed his confirmation in doubt.

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. announced at a convocation Wednesday morning that Liberty students will be heading to Washington, noting that students from Yale University, Kavanaugh's alma mater, will be in the capital to protest the Supreme Court nominee.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3612 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post