SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Graham was on point! I hope the dems had the opportunity to pick up their steaming guts after that evisceration.

Not a single comment to refute the beating they received because it was righteous anger fueled by truth.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15805 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
It’s dump on DIFI, yippee, all can play!

You/We do not want Kevin [You See, I'm a Mexican] "De" Leon to take her place. Wink

Not yet...
He has little ability to speak to all sides of the economic ledger thus, very few wealthy friends and business owners. He's of the Chavez/Morales mold, lots of big talk, but no solutions.

Posts: 15069 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11224 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've watched way too much political drivel over the decades and certainly recognize most of it for the dross it really is.

The presentations by Judge Kavanaugh and Senators Graham and Cruz were better than any political segments in my memory.

Even Grassley seemed to be a little snappier at times.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Grassley had said the plan was that Rachel Mitchell would ask all the REP questions for both Ford and Kavanaugh.

I wonder if Kavanaugh's fiery, take it t'em, attitude caused Graham to call an "audible" and the rest of the REPs followed suit.

Yeah, it looked like Graham simply had enough of the relevant questions being asked by Mitchell always being reciprocated by pure dirty politics by the dirty dems. So he requested the floor and unloaded. Then the rest of the Republicans wanted in on the action. I think we can thank Graham for popping the cork on the Republican side (besides Kavanaugh's epic opening statement).

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
My hat is off to Graham. He said today what so many of us have been thinking.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4372 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
I've watched way too much political drivel over the decades and certainly recognize most of it for the dross it really is.

The presentations by Judge Kavanaugh and Senators Graham and Cruz were better than any political segments in my memory.

Even Grassley seemed to be a little snappier at times.

Most of the public statements of Senators in my lifetime reek of a revolting mix of hypocrisy and sanctimony. Every now and then, someone boils over and says what (s)he thinks and means.

I can't help but think the world supply of hypocrisy and sanctimony is at dangerously low levels right now.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
So what are next steps in the process? Do they proceed to the vote tomorrow?

Committee vote scheduled for 930am ET tomorrow.

Final confirmation vote will be next Tuesday or Wednesday. Sen. Durbin all but said there is nothing more they can do to prevent this.

Posts: 499 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched Christine Ford's opening statement on YouTube. Good Lord Almighty, Kavanaugh kicked her ass.

Posts: 7671 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The point that everyone over looked, when Dr. Ford said,”she was pushed from behind into the room and someone behind her locked the door”.
After sho got up from the bed she ran out the door and across the hall in to the bathroom, how did she get thru a locked door? Who unlocked the door or was she lying again.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Geraldo Rivera, whose credibility with me is 0, just accused Feinstein and the Dems of an attempted coup.

Posts: 13582 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Think about this. Christine Ford "always" wanted to remain anonymous.

So she sent Feinstein a letter w a 36 year old claim of a sexual assault (that would be anonymous w little detail) that she thought should be part of the committee's consideration.

They didn't want the Grassley staff to fly to CA for a private interview. They wanted her on national tv to give an emotional description of the assault.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
The point that everyone over looked, when Dr. Ford said,”she was pushed from behind into the room and someone behind her locked the door”.
After sho got up from the bed she ran out the door and across the hall in to the bathroom, how did she get thru a locked door? Who unlocked the door or was she lying again.

I have followed almost none of this because it’s not necessary to eat the entire egg to know it’s rotten, but my question is what sort of room, other than a jail cell, has a door that can be locked from the outside to prevent the person inside from getting out? What am I missing about this tale?

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47699 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
I am sure even Audie Murphy never won the Congressional Medal of Honor in every battle he fought. Lindsey Graham deserves our respect and admiration for today's battle.

Exactly. I am no fan of his but today he did what was necessary and more importantly he did what was right. I do think he was the spark that finally got the republicans to get out from behind cover and charge.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
And the pay-off

I know previously posted on page 93, but hey I worked today just getting caught up.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
And the pay-off

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6nZVJoSa1f0" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Yes, pro bono my ass. Crooked Sheila made sure they got paid.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I listened to most of it on the radio today. Kavanaugh and Graham both did a great job.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

I have followed almost none of this because it’s not necessary to eat the entire egg to know it’s rotten, but my question is what sort of room, other than a jail cell, has a door that can be locked from the outside to prevent the person inside from getting out? What am I missing about this tale?

Yes, the door was supposedly locked to keep those from downstairs from entering and interrupting, not to keep her in. Her supposed attackers would have done that.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Graham is a horrible Republican, but he delivered the mail today.

Posts: 2040 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
I listened to most of it on the radio today. Kavanaugh and Graham both did a great job.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Yes, the door was supposedly locked to keep those from downstairs from entering and interrupting, not to keep her in. Her supposed attackers would have done that.

Okay, thanks and sorry for the clueless question.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47699 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post