SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
If the VSP actively supports this, then they’re no brothers of mine.

I personally know Gary Settle who is the VSP superintendent. He's a Northam appointee and generally a pos. He was caught banging the HS vice principals wife (who was the elementary schools vp) by a student and her mom.

I figured this is where the VSP were headed. They just became the enforcers of shitty laws and most will willing break their oath's to uphold the Constitution for their paycheck and benefits. I equated them to Hitler's henchmen yesterday on Facebook and I stand by that assertion. They'll claim they're just following orders Roll Eyes just like they did yesterday when they kicked everyone out of the committee meeting.

We need to think real hard about not paying our taxes this year so the idiots in Richmond are forced to reduce operations and reflect on their poor choices. If one or two of us do it, we'll just be hit with fines. If EVERYONE with a gun does it, they'll get the point!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
If the VSP actively supports this, then they’re no brothers of mine.

I personally know Gary Settle who is the VSP superintendent. He's a Northam appointee and generally a pos. He was caught banging the HS vice principals wife (who was the elementary schools vp) by a student and her mom.

I figured this is where the VSP were headed. They just became the enforcers of shitty laws and most will willing break their oath's to uphold the Constitution for their paycheck and benefits. I equated them to Hitler's henchmen yesterday on Facebook and I stand by that assertion. They'll claim they're just following orders Roll Eyes just like they did yesterday when they kicked everyone out of the committee meeting.

We need to think real hard about not paying our taxes this year so the idiots in Richmond are forced to reduce operations and reflect on their poor choices. If one or two of us do it, we'll just be hit with fines. If EVERYONE with a gun does it, they'll get the point!

upper level VSP has always been political,

years ago, when doing background checks at the Showplace, , the VSP sent Troopers to some neighborhoods during the BGC process and asked the neighbors if the buyer had any issues or should have a gun

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
This fight is far from over. VCDL says there’s one dem senator saying he won’t vote for the gun ban bill that passed out of house committee. We pick off one or two more that we’re in tight races and we kill this California level stupid bill for this year at least.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those people should return with twice the numbers and flood the room, remain peaceful but tell the cops to piss off and force them to physically remove them or try. It will end up becoming an incident that can’t be ignored and people will see what kind of tyranny is going on

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Silencers/suppressors

469 § 18.2-308.11. Import, sale, transfer, etc., of silencers; penalty.
470 A. For purposes of this section, "silencer" means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing
471 the report of a firearm, including any part or combination of parts designed or intended for use in
472 assembling or fabricating such a device.
473 B. It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, or purchase a silencer,
474 provided that a person may transfer a silencer in accordance with the provisions of the National Firearms
475 Act (26 U.S.C. § 5801 et seq.).
A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 6 felony.
476 C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) any government officer, agent, or employee,
477 or member of the Armed Forces of the United States, to the extent that such person is otherwise authorized
478 to acquire a silencer and does so while acting within the scope of his duties; (ii) the manufacture of a
479 silencer by a firearms manufacturer for the purpose of sale to any branch of the Armed Forces of the
480 United States or to a law-enforcement agency in the Commonwealth for use by that agency or its
481 employees, provided that the manufacturer is properly licensed under federal, state, and local laws;
or (iii) 482 the sale or transfer of a silencer to any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States or to a law-
483 enforcement agency in the Commonwealth for use by that agency or its employees.

Can somebody please explain this section? Possession is OK, everything else is illegal, but transfer per NFA is legal. That has ALWAYS been the only legal way to transfer a Supressor! My head hurts reading that.... Roll Eyes

IANAL. The way I read this is, if this bill becomes law as written, you can keep and transport any suppressor that you legally possess at the time the law takes effect. You can transfer a suppressor that you own to a dealer for sale out of state, or to the police. It looks to me like you're SOL if a suppressor that you purchased is in NFA jail when the law takes effect.

Posts: 318 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
This fight is far from over. VCDL says there’s one dem senator saying he won’t vote for the gun ban bill that passed out of house committee. We pick off one or two more that we’re in tight races and we kill this California level stupid bill for this year at least.

Totally agree! Sen. Lewis wrote that he is not supporting any gun ban. Sen. Edwards said the same to my VCDL team on Lobby Day. Sen. Deeds and Sen. Peterson provided crucial crossover votes to kill SB 581 (possession by minors a felony) in committee.

I was in the back of the House Conference Room with a bunch of fellow members of Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club. After we were booted out of the Public Safety Committee meeting, we all went up to lobby these four senators.

We just might kill this bill outright, or at the very least, strike the magazine ban.

Posts: 318 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Those people should return with twice the numbers and flood the room, remain peaceful but tell the cops to piss off and force them to physically remove them or try. It will end up becoming an incident that can’t be ignored and people will see what kind of tyranny is going on

I was there Friday. I was also there on the 13th and the 20th. I have asked a whole bunch of people to go with me. Friday I had two people go with me. On the 20th, I had one go with me. On the 13th I went with a group and we had 3 car loads. I have asked numerous people in person and thru various gun club email lists to go. It is damned hard to get them to go. I have talked to people that say the only way the govt. will get their guns is to kill them. I have talked to people that are going to hide or bury their guns. I have talked to people that are going to move out of state. I have talked to people that are too busy to go. I talked to one guy that was composing a letter. All of the people that I have talked too would be negatively effected by these laws. If you could tell me how to get twice the number of people to go, I would be delighted.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Wait until they start taxing ammo and gun ownership so much that they’ll want to give them up. Democrats have talked about all of those means in the past to get our guns from us.

They are too lazy or stupid to get involved now but they’ll wish they had.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^^ Wait until they start taxing ammo and gun ownership so much that they’ll want to give them up. Democrats have talked about all of those means in the past to get our guns from us.

They are too lazy or stupid to get involved now but they’ll wish they had.

FWIW, the bills that would raise taxes on guns or ammo are dead for the year.

posted Hide Post
^^^ For many years I slept well, thinking the NRA and other groups had me covered in defending my rights. Increasingly, I'm seeing that perhaps it's my turn to step into the breach and help fight the good fight for those who follow. Perhaps I can't make it to tomorrow evening's photo op in Arlington with Bloomberg and local officials on what they hope is a victory lap, but I still have checks in my checkbook to help VCDL, VSSA and NRA.

Posts: 3220 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I am mildly encouraged right now. HB961 passed along a strict party vote, 12-9. That means the Republicans are staying strong. All it's going to take is a few Democrat legislators to look out the window and see that most of Virginia is rejecting the blatant anti-constitutional behavior exhibited by their party. A very impressive interactive map of Virginia shows that nearly the entire state has declared these actions null and void (as of 1/28/2020, 91 counties, 16 cities and 34 towns).

We need to keep the pressure on. There is hope.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
WOW! Eek Impressive map!!! GOOD! Let the Libtards and Demoshits move to the RED areas!!! God Bless Virginia!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I am mildly encouraged right now. HB961 passed along a strict party vote, 12-9. That means the Republicans are staying strong. All it's going to take is a few Democrat legislators to look out the window and see that most of Virginia is rejecting the blatant anti-constitutional behavior exhibited by their party. A very impressive interactive map of Virginia shows that nearly the entire state has declared these actions null and void (as of 1/28/2020, 91 counties, 16 cities and 34 towns).

We need to keep the pressure on. There is hope.

+1.

Posts: 3220 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:

I was there Friday. I was also there on the 13th and the 20th. I have asked a whole bunch of people to go with me. Friday I had two people go with me. On the 20th, I had one go with me. On the 13th I went with a group and we had 3 car loads. I have asked numerous people in person and thru various gun club email lists to go. It is damned hard to get them to go. I have talked to people that say the only way the govt. will get their guns is to kill them. I have talked to people that are going to hide or bury their guns. I have talked to people that are going to move out of state. I have talked to people that are too busy to go. I talked to one guy that was composing a letter. All of the people that I have talked too would be negatively effected by these laws. If you could tell me how to get twice the number of people to go, I would be delighted.

Unfortunately you’re right.. a lot of people don’t want to step out of their comfort zone, and will bitch up a storm when things turn for the worse later.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I'm not missing something,those were not Va. State Police. I think they were capitol police. I used to work there.

Posts: 56 | Registered: January 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donothing:
If I'm not missing something,those were not Va. State Police. I think they were capitol police. I used to work there.

Welcome to Sig Forum. And we appreciate your input and views.

I was going by the video title, assuming the officers were Virginia State Police. Could not see the insignias on the officers in the video.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donothing:

As I was looking at the video, the left side had 2-3 Capitol police and the right side had 2-3 VSP, so the title was correct as there were both present and dispersing people after they peacefully assembled.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was Capitol Police.

And from what I understand, there are 4 democratic senators that has stated they will not support an assault weapons ban. AFAIK, the AWB that was introduced into the senate died in committee. I also understand that there are enough dem senators set against it that an AWB cannot make it to Gov Killem Young's desk. You can bet these dem senators will come under immense pressure from the other Bloomberg-purchased politicians.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Yes, it was Capitol Police.

And from what I understand, there are 4 democratic senators that has stated they will not support an assault weapons ban. AFAIK, the AWB that was introduced into the senate died in committee. I also understand that there are enough dem senators set against it that an AWB cannot make it to Gov Killem Young's desk. You can bet these dem senators will come under immense pressure from the other Bloomberg-purchased politicians.

The 4 dem senators who opposed it, opposed the outlaw, and registration. NOT the mag ban. Do not count on past statements. The bill was amended for the specific purpose of getting back those 4 votes.

Be sure to email and call daily.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post