SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nov-8-2022 Election Results
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nov-8-2022 Election Results Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

In last week's ruling, the judge acknowledged the "anger and frustration" of voters who were inconvenienced in the election but noted that setting aside the results of an election "has never been done in the history of the United States."

Oh yeah? You sure about that, skip?

'Tainted' Pa. Senate election is voided
By New York Times News Service
Baltimore Sun

Feb 19, 1994 at 12:00 am

PHILADELPHIA — PHILADELPHIA -- Saying Philadelphia's election system had collapsed under "a massive scheme" by a Democratic candidate to steal a state Senate election in November, a federal judge took the rare step of invalidating the election and ordered the seat filled by the Republican candidate.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/n...994051024-story.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The Republican Party has but ONE MORE CHANCE, and that's the 2024 Election! If they don't fix this shit, fight for what's right and/or WIN so they can fix it while they hold the White House AND the Legislature, it's over and they're done! The electorate will become unglued and things will get ugly otherwise... Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Republican Party has but ONE MORE CHANCE and that's the 2024 Election!

You and I may be giving them ONE MORE CHANCE ... but I'm afraid a lot of people have already given up on voting at all. If it's rigged, why participate?

I will vote... but who knows how many won't?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The Republican Party has but ONE MORE CHANCE and that's the 2024 Election!

You and I may be giving them ONE MORE CHANCE ... but I'm afraid a lot of people have already given up on voting at all. If it's rigged, why participate?

I will vote... but who knows how many won't?

Exactly this. I'm not done yet, but I certainly understand the sentiment if someone else is. There is a limit before good people throw up their hands and say "fuckit", and walk away. Who is John Galt?

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Once 'We the People' throw in the towel, we're headed to 'Fuck-it Mode' territory, and that's NOT a good thing!

With VERY Few exceptions, I'm for 'primarying' nearly all Republicans at this point. Many are seemingly NOT on OUR side, and are aligned with the Leftist Democrats against our country! We need an America First party that will 'Protect and Defend the Constitution of the United States'! If we can't effect a change in leadership and accomplish that by fixing the Republican Party, then we need a new party! We need to do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal...

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I k ow a couple people that are checking out of voting, or voting for the third party candidate. I keep saying it’s a wasted dove and one for the D, but they don’t care. They are fed up with both parties.

It gives the feeling that the whole system needs to crash and get rebuilt.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
So the “new normal” for elections is this:

1. Conduct a rigged election featuring fraud that exceeds the Democrat margin of “victory.”
2. Allow the opposition to Democrats to participate in a Kangaroo Court trial where the outcome has already been decided in favor of Democrats before the trial begins. It was obvious that nothing presented during the trial was going to change the outcome of the election. A stolen election stays stolen.
3. Once “victory” has been claimed in the court to cement the “victory” in the election that was stolen, be sure to pile on by having the Republican who challenged the election be sanctioned with fees/fines/penalties.

I'm not confident that 'primarying' nearly all Republicans or forming a new "America First" party will change anything. It may just make it easier for the cheaters.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
If voting for Republicans no longer accomplishes what we want, then voting against them is the only logical solution. If ultimately that means there's an 'America First Party', then the Republicans are guaranteed to be in the minority, and they're either 'WITH us or AGAINST us'! Therefore they'll have to choose to caucus with us (FOR America), or with the Democrats (AGAINST America). In order to accomplish this you'd need to peel away about 50% of the Republicans, at which point they, the GOP would no longer be able to effectively control the Conservative agenda.

Live Free or Die!

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes, I understand, the 'logical solution'... but how does that fix our broken election system?
How does that stop the cheating?

-rduckwor

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Anyone feel a Convention of States would get us back to a trusted government? Can the Legislatures be trusted or would that open up a can of worms?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone feel a Convention of States would get us back to a trusted government?

More and more... I'm in favor of the idea.
I don't think the 16th and 17th amendments were ratified legally, and I think the Federal Reserve Act was a terrible idea. Also, I think there should be term limits on Congress and there should be a balanced budget.
None of those things will happen without a Convention of States because all of those expanded the power of the Feds over the States.
They won't give that power back to the people. We will have to take it back.

-rduckwor

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ Yes, I understand, the 'logical solution'... but how does that fix our broken election system?
How does that stop the cheating?

I think right now, part of the problem is that the Republican Party IS part of the problem! Neuter them and take control, and hope the Democrats don't destroy the country before you can elect a majority!

Live Free or Die!

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Neuter them and take control,

The Republicans are already pretty much self-neutered.
How do you 'take control'?
That sounds easier said than done.

-rduckwor

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Anyone feel a Convention of States would get us back to a trusted government?
California, New York, Massachusetts, Oregon (and others)- these places are all about reason and compromise, aren't they?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
They do indeed suck and I would not want them in any way to make changes to 2A. Hands to F off. That's why I asked could they be trusted?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A convention of states would show very clearly that we are actually two countries now.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Anyone feel a Convention of States would get us back to a trusted government? Can the Legislatures be trusted or would that open up a can of worms?

Always a risk, but may be one of the only ways forward if we hope to keep this country. It would need to be very limited in scope.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A convention of states would show very clearly that we are actually two countries now.

And it would be nice if we could divide and go our separate ways... but there's no Mason-Dixon line between the two sides today.

-rduckwor

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

And it would be nice if we could divide and go our separate ways... but there's no Mason-Dixon line between the two sides today.

Cityfolk v. country folk

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's my point.
You can't really divide out the cities and tell them they are on their own.
But if you could... they would starve.

Furthermore, the idea of an amicable "national divorce" is a fantasy. The other side wants you to pay for their "free shit"... and won't let you out of the deal. The election fraud shows they don't even want you to have a say in the matter.
In a way, they are making slaves out of half of us.

-rduckwor