SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backlash Against The NRA
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backlash Against The NRA Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am a life member and didn’t go to the show in Houston this weekend, though I live in the Houston burbs. I won’t give them any more money either. WLP needs to go immediately. He has been a cancer in the organization.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
WLP needs to go immediately. He has been a cancer in the organization.

+

Totally agree. He not only has harmed the organization immensely, he continues to do so. Every day he and his cronies are still involved is a bad day for gun rights.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Everybody want to take out their frustration and anger on WLP and some is justifiably so but the fact is we still need and should want the NRA to succeed.
I would rather focus on our inalienable Gun Rights not the hyperbole.

I think the damage is done. The NRA is a dying star and none of the rest will ever wield the power and influence that the NRA once did.

Gun owners will blame Lapierre but the fact is there is a lot of blame to go around.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
When Colion Noir was quite active, up to a couple of years ago, he provided a glimpse of what NRA could be. He is very smart, fully informed, funny and charismatic. There are others as well, including some outstanding women. Instead we are stuck with Wayne and his ass crack full of burrs.

In any organisation, when corruption digs in, it is hard to root out. My guess is that JRE is right and the whole 70 member board (70 members? Eek) is compromised.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Maybe the NRA should crash and burn. Out of its ashes maybe an effective and aggressive organization that isn’t run by elitist turds can rise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I suspect ole Wayne will stay put until the court cases against him (especially the NY case) have resolved, one way or another. Until he leaves, the NRA is paying his legal fees.

Posts: 9042 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
I suspect ole Wayne will stay put until the court cases against him (especially the NY case) have resolved, one way or another. Until he leaves, the NRA is paying his legal fees.

I suspect he will have to die, or become so unhealthy that he can't continue. I think he controls the board nominations and only gets board members who will go along, thereby maintaining de-facto control of the whole NRA.

For example, Julie Golob got nominated and elected to the board a few years ago. Then she promptly resigned. I never heard anything about why. I have made the assumption that she wouldn't go along, and that the NRA was doing things that she couldn't sit still for. I have a lot of respect for her, and can see her resigning rather than keeping quiet and serving. This should not be happening.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate that he got re-elected and I agree he obviously controls who is on the Board.I’ve been a Life Member for a long time and my wife, who was slow to get on the 2nd Amendment bandwagon joined several years ago as an annual member. We were just gonna get the Life Membership for her when WLP’s action hit the press. She was so mad she dropped her annual membership and we give zero $ to the NRA, and won’t, till that guy is long gone.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Maybe the NRA should crash and burn.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hey asswipe why not put my whole post up? When you cut that section you do the same shit as our worthless media and alter someone’s words to fit your agenda. Why not include the whole fucking quote? Because it would change the meaning of my post? You should work at CNN

Do you think it would be bad if the NRA folded and a MUCH more aggressive and successful org took its place? Confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is the day annually that I send my membership dues in to the NRA. I usually add a little extra, this year even more so.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think it would be bad if the NRA folded and a MUCH more aggressive and successful org took its place? Confused

What world are you living in? Roll Eyes

Posts: 6620 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Seriously considering resigning my life membership.
Mad

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
Seriously considering resigning my life membership.
Mad

S'pose Wayne will offer you a refund? Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
By all means send em more money. Their benevolent and hard working leader needs to go on a nice vacation to the Swiss Alps. Roll Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted May 31, 2022 04:32 PM Hide Post
Tomorrow is the day annually that I send my membership dues in to the NRA. I usually add a little extra, this year even more so.

I don't want to be disrespectful. It's your money to do with as you wish, obviously. But after all that has come out about LaPierre's corruption, why on earth would you want to send him money, and more money at that? PT Barnum said,"There is a sucker born every minute." Sorry, but that's what I think when I read your post.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

I don't want to be disrespectful. It's your money to do with as you wish, obviously. But after all that has come out about LaPierre's corruption, why on earth would you want to send him money, and more money at that? PT Barnum said,"There is a sucker born every minute." Sorry, but that's what I think when I read your post.

I don't really give a shit what you think.

The bottom line is that the NRA is still the biggest presence to fight for our 2nd Amendment rights. If you want to be the enemy of "good", then that is up to you.

posted Hide Post
The GDC's would never let a re-built NRA or any other organization get very far. Lawsuits, de-platforming, de-monetizing, IRS complications, anything to prevent it from getting off the ground.

The NY AG is not interested in cleaning up the NRA or ejecting WLP. She wanted to dissolve the entire NRA for political reasons. That is what we are up against, abuse of power to eliminate political rivals. Similar to what Trump faced.

Even WLP is entitled to due process for whatever he is accused of. I haven't seen any evidence supporting the accusations. Not saying it isn't there, just that I haven't looked for it. If he misappropriated funds, charge him and put him on trial.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Even WLP is entitled to due process for whatever he is accused of. I haven't seen any evidence supporting the accusations.

With respect to anything illegal that he has been accused of, certainly he is entitled to due process. As far as sucking at leading the organization and needing to be replaced for poor leadership - not so much. Even if none of these scandals about financial mismanagement came to be, he still should have been show the door as leader for ineffectiveness. Frankly, I’ve said for probably 15 years or more that he was doing a poor job leading the NRA, so yeah I don’t feel like he’s been denied any due process by getting shown the door if that hopefully does happen some day.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

I don't really give a shit what you think.

The bottom line is that the NRA is still the biggest presence to fight for our 2nd Amendment rights. If you want to be the enemy of "good", then that is up to you.

Joe just asked an honest question and said he didn't mean to be disrespectful yet your first line is you don't give a shit what he thinks. Roll Eyes

We can't even ask adult questions here? Confused

Posts: 13116 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post