SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backlash Against The NRA
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backlash Against The NRA Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
The First National Bank of Omaha is dumping the NRA credit card too.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...28d8e4b00804dfe6b90d

And if I had any business with that bank, I would end it, withdraw any/all money. Refinance any/all loans with another bank, and make sure the bank of omaha (uncapped on purpose) knew why.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

Every firearm owner should dump that bank and move their money elsewhere.

Every person who believes in the USA constitution should move their money elsewhere! I would bet at least a quarter that a sizeable portion of even the CITIZENS in this country have no idea of what is in the Constitution, or perhaps even worse, WHY it is there.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:

Hmmm...

Now I am perplexed. I have this card, would love to cancel it and let them know why but doing so would negatively effect my credit rating.

On the bright side, I have a zero balance and don't use it so they haven't made a nickel off of me.

Not being critical, but how would canceling a credit card harm your credit rating?

Wife and I have canceled a couple credit cards thru the years and have not experienced any damage to our credit rating.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:

Hmmm...

Now I am perplexed. I have this card, would love to cancel it and let them know why but doing so would negatively effect my credit rating.

On the bright side, I have a zero balance and don't use it so they haven't made a nickel off of me.

Not being critical, but how would canceling a credit card harm your credit rating?

Wife and I have canceled a couple credit cards thru the years and have not experienced any damage to our credit rating.

Part of your credit score calculation is how much available credit you have (and the ratio to outstanding debt).

If you close a $10,000 line of credit, you now have $10,000 less credit, and the ratio of debt to credit increases.

That lowers your credit score.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Ah. I guess that we have not bought anything on long term credit in years, that would explain it. We have one credit card, which gets paid off every month. We bought my wife a new car a few months ago, and the sales-critter almost had a stroke when we told him we were paying cash.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post
Do you notice the similarity between the shooter and progressives' mindset? The shooter kills people they don't even know to express their outrage with the world. The progressive left blames and wants to punish groups of total strangers, in this case the NRA for crimes against humanity. Both see their victims as part of a group, not individuals. It is also how the authoritarian views the world. Hitler, Stalin and Mao were also mass murderers who killed groups of people on just on a larger scale, just like the shooter.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by von Trakehnen:
Do you notice the similarity between the shooter and progressives' mindset? The shooter kills people they don't even know to express their outrage with the world. The progressive left blames and wants to punish groups of total strangers, in this case the NRA for crimes against humanity. Both see their victims as part of a group, not individuals. It is also how the authoritarian views the world. Hitler, Stalin and Mao were also mass murderers who killed groups of people on just on a larger scale, just like the shooter.

Their mindset comes from the same evil source.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Always consider the source. In this case, CBS News.

They will report on 'news' that fits their agenda. In this case, they are trying to create division among gun owners and NRA members.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the board re-electing LaPierre, I think I'm done with the NRA. All the money is going to lawyers paid to clean up the mess he's made.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I just read the REI release. It's worse than I thought. They don't even sell guns, but they are cutting ties with a large supplier because that supplier has a division that makes guns sold through other stores.

"...
This week, we have been in active discussions with Vista Outdoor, which has recently acquired several companies that are longtime partners of REI. These include Giro, Bell, Camelbak, Camp Chef and Blackburn. Vista also owns Savage Arms, which manufactures guns including “modern sporting rifles.
..."

I noticed REI quietly reintroduced Giro, Camelbak, and Camp Chef back into their line-up. And yes, those brands are still owned by Vista.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
N.egotiating
R.ights
A.way

There are many better organizations out there that aren't ran by corrupt pos's.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The media and leftists attack the NRA as if it is something more than it is:

- It is not a trade association and is not paid by the firearms industry to represent them.
- It does not "own" politicians via large contributions.
- They were just about useless in the 2020 election due to their internal problems and the lawsuit by the NY AG.

The NRA is simply a member financed non-profit lobbying organization that represents several million voters directly, and many more indirectly. Blaming the NRA for representing its dues paying members is missing the point. The NRA is not stopping gun control legislation, we the people are, and we don't vote for politicians that cave.

That said, the current climate is probably going to result in at least 10 squishy RINO's to make a "compromise" with the GDC's. The NRA may cave as well.

I think they will agree to all private transfers going through FFL's to get "universal" background checks. They will also agree to red flag laws to prevent crazy people from getting guns. The first is really a state issue and would have to be legislated at the state level, unless the courts allow the Feds to do it under "interstate commerce" or tie it to some kind of funding. The second gets into due process issues, but until someone is red flagged and challenges it in court that won't be resolved.

The likelihood for abuse of red flag laws is very high. Media morons like Whoopi Goldberg are already calling for people to report neighbors who have "too many guns". There has to be documented evidence and an appeal process. Otherwise it will be like the "no fly list" that many Jan 6 people found themselves on, even if they didn't do anything except go to the rally.

One common thread among homicidal lunatics is torturing, maiming, and killing animals, especially other people's pets. Animal cruelty is against the law, so perhaps that could be something to add to the 4473 and background check?

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If it has not already happened, at some point this week LaPierre will appear on the news shows-- CNN, MSNBC, NBC etc. He will appear angry and combative. TV is all visual, it almost doesn't matter what someone says. Turn the sound off and read his body language. He looks like a guilty son of a bitch with his back up against a wall.

By appearing on tv almost exclusively in connection with some mass shooting, he implicitly acknowledges that the NRA is involved in some way, even though the shooter in the most recent incident probably could not tell you what NRA stands for.

I don't get the stubborn insistence of the board to keep him on. I always thought he was a nincompoop, and when he was shown to be a corrupt nincompoop I was sure that would be the end of him. He has cost the organisation a small fortune in lawyer's fees, memberships lost, money held back from donations. There is some story there, I just don't know what it is.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
My membership expires this year. I will not be renewing. I will not be donating.

I will have nothing to do with them until that douche is gone.

Aren't those on the board appointed by wayne?

Posts: 13116 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to stay with the NRA. But its increasingly difficult. WLP has to go and its overpopulated board of directors (friends of WLP) needs to go, too. Reorganize and refocus.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
N.egotiating
R.ights
A.way

There are many better organizations out there that aren't ran by corrupt pos's.

CCRKBA and second amendment foundation come to mind. Never been a fan of GOA.

Who are the other (better) national orgs??

There are many of us who want to provide support but don't feel comfortable with the NRA right now, so where should the money go? (National orgs)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
If it has not already happened, at some point this week LaPierre will appear on the news shows-- CNN, MSNBC, NBC etc. He will appear angry and combative. TV is all visual, it almost doesn't matter what someone says. Turn the sound off and read his body language. He looks like a guilty son of a bitch with his back up against a wall.

By appearing on tv almost exclusively in connection with some mass shooting, he implicitly acknowledges that the NRA is involved in some way, even though the shooter in the most recent incident probably could not tell you what NRA stands for.

I don't get the stubborn insistence of the board to keep him on. I always thought he was a nincompoop, and when he was shown to be a corrupt nincompoop I was sure that would be the end of him. He has cost the organisation a small fortune in lawyer's fees, memberships lost, money held back from donations. There is some story there, I just don't know what it is.

The story is that like the Kims in North Korea, he has consolidated control over the organization and won't let go.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Everybody want to take out their frustration and anger on WLP and some is justifiably so but the fact is we still need and should want the NRA to succeed.
I would rather focus on our inalienable Gun Rights not the hyperbole.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I have no issue with the NRA, once WLP is removed and prosecuted/sued into bankruptcy if possible.

He’s a crook up there with HRC, Pelosi and Feinstein

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everybody want to take out their frustration and anger on WLP and some is justifiably so but the fact is we still need and should want the NRA to succeed.

And that is exactly, precisely, why LaPierre has to go.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post