SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backlash Against The NRA
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backlash Against The NRA Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

By all means send em more money. Their benevolent and hard working leader needs to go on a nice vacation to the Swiss Alps. Roll Eyes
If my membership money is going to pay for his vacation, I would prefer to send him someplace other than Switzerland. Maybe he could go to Ukraine, or Somalia.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Even WLP is entitled to due process for whatever he is accused of. I haven't seen any evidence supporting the accusations.

With respect to anything illegal that he has been accused of, certainly he is entitled to due process. As far as sucking at leading the organization and needing to be replaced for poor leadership - not so much. Even if none of these scandals about financial mismanagement came to be, he still should have been show the door as leader for ineffectiveness. Frankly, I’ve said for probably 15 years or more that he was doing a poor job leading the NRA, so yeah I don’t feel like he’s been denied any due process by getting shown the door if that hopefully does happen some day.

I agree. But he stacked the board in his favor and they won't throw him out. It's the biggest "board" I've ever heard of with way too many people to provide proper governance.

But, the NRA we have is better than the NRA we wish we had. Much like the gun you have is better than the gun at home in the safe when you really need it. And we need to the NRA now.

The amount of time lost during the kind of reorganization people here are advocating, or lost trying to build up some other organization to equal the NRA's influence in D.C. is enough time to squeeze gun control through Congress by getting 10 squishy Republican Senators to vote for it "to save the children!". The NRA was handcuffed by malicious prosecution in 2020 and I barely heard a peep out of them compared to prior elections. And that did make a difference.

Nevermind the hundreds of children shot in the major cities every year that no one seems to care enough about to actually prosecute violent criminals. Any Republican in a Democrat state who's re-election isn't in the bag could cave under pressure. The ones that voted to remove Trump plus a few others is all they need.

We can force Wayne out and clean house after November when Congress turns Red. Until then, the NRA needs to apply maximum pressure to remind the Republican Senators that WE will ensure they get voted out if they cave. The primaries are mostly over now, so there is no way to punish them in that way. And they know many might hold their nose and vote RINO rather than vote for a democrat.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Personally, I'm pissed off at the NRA for compromising.

Compromising on what?

They support the bumpstock ban, the old and wrong concept of "sporting purposes". They go way back on this bullshit. Look it up. But but, they are the 800 pound gorilla, I know, but they continuously disappoint me. Let's see what they tell the president they approve of banning next.

I don't want to derail this thread. I apologize for my ADD.

The liberal backlash IS classic hysteria. I concede that point without hesitation.

Being "pissed" at the only group that can effectively lobby for gun owners is short sighted. I don't agree with everything they do but they are the only chance we have. All the complaining because people get too much mail or pissed because of this or that is going to result in our losing more of our rights.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
posted May 31, 2022 04:32 PM Hide Post
Tomorrow is the day annually that I send my membership dues in to the NRA. I usually add a little extra, this year even more so.

I don't want to be disrespectful. It's your money to do with as you wish, obviously. But after all that has come out about LaPierre's corruption, why on earth would you want to send him money, and more money at that? PT Barnum said,"There is a sucker born every minute." Sorry, but that's what I think when I read your post.

I don't really give a shit what you think.

The bottom line is that the NRA is still the biggest presence to fight for our 2nd Amendment rights. If you want to be the enemy of "good", then that is up to you.

Joe just asked an honest question and said he didn't mean to be disrespectful yet your first line is you don't give a shit what he thinks. Roll Eyes

We can't even ask adult questions here? Confused

Seriously? He said he didn't mean to be disrespectful, BUT then he implies I am a sucker. Maybe you are not familiar with the phrase that "perfect is the enemy of good." That was my response to his "respectful" post. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I see on various gun forums, the NRA would rake in a fortune if Wayne resigned. If all the people who say they will not renew or contribute while Wayne is there, renewed or contributed after he left, the NRA would have more money than they ever had before. But I wonder how many would find something else to complain about and not contribute after all? I also hope the people that are not contributing because of Wayne are supporting some other pro gun group.

Posts: 621 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:

Seriously considering resigning my life membership. Mad
I'm not going to resign my life membership, but I will definitely not renew it as long as La Pierre is employed there.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:

Seriously considering resigning my life membership. Mad
I'm not going to resign my life membership, but I will definitely not renew it as long as La Pierre is employed there.

Big Grin

Every time they send me a letter asking for $, I write "get rid of Wayne" on it and send it back. Then I write a check to the SAF.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I told them “I will
Not send money as long as WLP is president” and finally got off the mailing list…

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Personally, I'm pissed off at the NRA for compromising.

Compromising on what?
May 19,1986 was cl3 dealer at that time

Posts: 95 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think the gun rights community has to excommunicate the NRA as it currently exists, and pick a new organization to coalesce around. Between it's complete capture by WLP, and the resultant actions this has allowed the NYS AG to take against it, I think it's pretty much a goner.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Divide and conquer.

The GDC's are soooo much better at this game than are we.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
PT Barnum said,"There is a sucker born every minute." Sorry, but that's what I think when I read your post.
It has been established that PT Barnum didn't say that--his major rival did, sort of.

quote:
I thought a "Life Membership" was permanent and did not need to be renewed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
All that potential money being lost simply because of one person?

One would think eventually the NRA would do even a 4 second cost benefits analysis and figure out what WLP us actually costing them.

He cannot be that powerful

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Big Grin
They made tiers to the life memberships so one could always upgrade to the next tier within a few hours of Wayne’s departure. That’s actually my plan to go from Endowment to Patron.

For the record, I want the NRA to be the 800 lb gorilla of gun rights that scares the shit out of politicians and their top 2 goals (win and be re-elected endlessly). It ain’t going to happen with Wayne at the helm and so many board members that it’s impossible to manage the NRA executives (quite intentional).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Even WLP is entitled to due process for whatever he is accused of. I haven't seen any evidence supporting the accusations.

With respect to anything illegal that he has been accused of, certainly he is entitled to due process. As far as sucking at leading the organization and needing to be replaced for poor leadership - not so much. Even if none of these scandals about financial mismanagement came to be, he still should have been show the door as leader for ineffectiveness. Frankly, I’ve said for probably 15 years or more that he was doing a poor job leading the NRA, so yeah I don’t feel like he’s been denied any due process by getting shown the door if that hopefully does happen some day.
He agreed to the board’s version of due process when he publicly paid back the NRA’s money he had inappropriately used for non-business reasons.

Basically, nearly all of Ollie North’s claims were acted on (Wayne’s spending, the blank check to law firm, the blank check to the PR/media firm, etc), but Ollie got the boot not Wayne.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
tatortod, going up the levels of Life Membership I consider to be "upgrades", not "renewals". One "renews" something that will go away if not done.

Just semantics, I guess, but I'm a language nit-picker.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
So continue to support an obviously corrupt and increasing ineffective organization, that has been structurally compromised in a way to make reform impossible? The writing is on the wall, if you're willing to open your eyes and read it.

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Divide and conquer.

The GDC's are soooo much better at this game than are we.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I liken WLP and his cronies to the establishment elite RINO swamp rats in DC. They will never willingly relinquish their gravy train. Just like voters be willing to vote the rats out of office, NRA members must be willing to stop filling up the gravy train for WLP. The reluctance to do so is what's been keeping him in place, imo. This BS "800-lb gorilla" must be put out out its misery, and a different 1000-lb monster needs to be fed. Go support another 2A organization (SAF or GOA). I'm saying all this as a Lifetime NRA member.

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The latest chance to do so just went by with no effect. Why do you think the future will be different.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I liken WLP and his cronies to the establishment elite RINO swamp rats in DC. They will never willingly relinquish their gravy train. Just like voters be willing to vote the rats out of office, NRA members must be willing to stop filling up the gravy train for WLP. The reluctance to do so is what's been keeping him in place, imo. This BS "800-lb gorilla" must be put out out its misery, and a different 1000-lb monster needs to be fed. Go support another 2A organization (SAF or GOA). I'm saying all this as a Lifetime NRA member.