SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Still seeing Buttplug’s ads on TV.

He really must be angling for the #2 hole on the future ticket, since he’ll be the only “protected minority” while the other 3 Old White Guys are whacking each other with their walkers and canes.

That still puts him second in line to be the first gay president; given the health of the entire field a very real possibility. He is still a liability at election time so I'm guessing no.

Besides which, between the fact a black President chose him as a running mate and the way he's been working on the black and Latino vote, he damn well better pick a PoC for a running mate or there'll be hell to pay.

Any PoC, female, LGBTQXYZ's he could pick? That'd give him a three fer.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Bill Kristol has always annoyed me.
Since he became such a rabid anti-Trumper, even moreso.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Still seeing Buttplug’s ads on TV.

He really must be angling for the #2 hole on the future ticket, since he’ll be the only “protected minority” while the other 3 Old White Guys are whacking each other with their walkers and canes.

That still puts him second in line to be the first gay president; given the health of the entire field a very real possibility. He is still a liability at election time so I'm guessing no.

It could just be that he's already paid for the ads so they're running whether he is still in the race or not. I don't know how far out ahead of time they bought the ad time (I'm sure ad space is cheaper if you buy it further ahead of the run date), but the ads will stop if he's completely out or change if he teams up with someone and bucks for the #2 slot.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Klobuchar endorses Biden
Butthead to endorse Biden tonight
Susan Rice endorses Biden
Harry Reid endorses Biden
Debbie the Wasserman endorses Biden
Leon Panetta endorses Biden
Terry McAuliffe endorses Biden
Tim Kaine endorses Biden

Bernie must be getting lonely

I don't think those endorsements are going to pull Biden over the finish line

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RCP betting odds are tightening up

Sanders 53%
Biden 36% (rising rapidly)
Bloomberg 13% (falling rapidly)

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Klobuchar endorses Biden
Tim Kaine endorses Biden

Think he hears the k-y tube squeezing out a glob?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Klobuchar endorses Biden
Tim Kaine endorses Biden

Also got the endorsement from the insane wing:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Not a body language expert, but that's disturbing...

Maybe she can overcome him with her vagina? Roll Eyes

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Not a body language expert, but that's disturbing...

Maybe she can overcome him with her vagina? Roll Eyes

...at his age, that might do him in!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
RCP betting odds are tightening up
Sanders 53%
Biden 36% (rising rapidly)
Bloomberg 13% (falling rapidly)

well, that didn't last long

RCP Betting odds

Sanders 49.5 %
Biden 44.2 %
Bloomberg 9.8 %

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
MiniMike needs to spend more money on this.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wish I was a gambling man. I'd love to bet $100 on the proposition that Bloomberg will be gone by next Thursday, and another $100 that he'll be gone eight days after that. Then again, I suppose he could surprise the hell out of everyone - including himself - tomorrow.

quote:
RCP betting odds

Which put Hill the Pill at 5. Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I wish I was a gambling man. I'd love to bet $100 on the proposition that Bloomberg will be gone by next Thursday, and another $100 that he'll be gone eight days after that. Then again, I suppose he could surprise the hell out of everyone - including himself - tomorrow.

I would almost be tempted to take that action. I think Bloomberg stays until the convention. He has already said he set aside a billion and that is nothing to him. I see ads no matter where I turn, TV, online, billboards - I think he pushes it all the way. The others dropped out after 'conversations' with the DNC - conversations that were likely along the lines of "If you ever want to run for anything in the Democrat party ever again or serve in any Democrat administration you will drop out and endorse Biden today". That won't work on Bloomberg or Warren - he doesn't answer to them and she knows this is her last shot at the golden ring and isn't interested in any consolation prizes.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I hear you. I'm just having a really hard time believing that basing a campaign on nothing but saturation advertising can be at all successful. I can see it moving polls, yes, but not lasting all the way through to the end of Election Day and certainly not getting people whipped up enough to go down to the polls and vote.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
That won't work on Bloomberg or Warren - he doesn't answer to them and she knows this is her last shot at the golden ring and isn't interested in any consolation prizes.

You may be right...
But my bet is that Warren drops after Super Tuesday and joins team Bernie. The Bernie "consolation prize" could make her the first woman President (God forbid), which she has no chance of accomplishing on her own.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ I hear you. I'm just having a really hard time believing that basing a campaign on nothing but saturation advertising can be at all successful. I can see it moving polls, yes, but not lasting all the way through to the end of Election Day and certainly not getting people whipped up enough to go down to the polls and vote.

It's an interesting gambit for sure. I could think of a lot of other things I would rather do with a billion dollars though!

The DNC is terrified of Bernie getting the nomination. Most people seem to forget that Bernie is not a democrat and the establishment dems are livid that he is leading.

- John Adams

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg is seeing some of the audience pushing back on gun control at his “town hall” on Fox Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, apparently Chris Matthews has submitted his resignation for the "controversial" comments he's made the last few days. Strange. I didn't find anything he said particularly egregious. Oh well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
related to above post by Bisleyblackhawk

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...eve-of-super-tuesday

Michael Bloomberg, speaking at a Fox News Town Hall in Manassas, Va., on the eve of Super Tuesday's pivotal contests, remarked matter-of-factly that he could ultimately win his party's nomination for president through "horse trading" and "deals" at a contested Democratic National Convention this summer.

"The most likely scenario for the Democratic Party is no one has a majority -- it goes to a convention where there's horse trading; there's compromise," Bloomberg said. "It doesn't even have to be the leading candidate; it could be the one with a smaller number of delegates."

Bloomberg said Sanders can't get elected. He said Sanders' ideas are crazy.

Then he said he would vote for Sanders over Donald Trump.

"If the rules say you can swap votes and make deals, then you can swap votes and make deals," Bloomberg said. "And if you don't like those rules, don't play."

"I do not think that Bernie Sanders has the right ideas for this country; I don't think that he can beat Donald Trump because I don't think the country wants revolutionary change; I think the country wants evolutionary change," he continued.

Bloomberg has shown no signs of dropping out, regardless of what happens on Super Tuesday. His campaign released a schedule of public events for the rest of the week on Monday, and he assured cheering supporters, "I'm in it to win it."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
following Balze's lead,

https://www.wsj.com/articles/c...-remarks-11583193700

Chris Matthews to Leave MSNBC Amid Controversy, Sanders Remarks

MSNBC “Hardball” host Chris Matthews announced on-air Monday that he was stepping down, days after being accused of making unwanted overtures to a guest and comparing Bernie Sanders’s victory in the Nevada caucuses to the World War II Nazi takeover of France.

Cable channel’s decision to release 74-year-old anchor from contract was mutual, according to source

A person familiar with Mr. Matthews’s decision said the anchor’s retirement had already been “imminent” but that the events of the last several weeks accelerated his exit. The 74-year-old Mr. Matthews and the network reached a mutual decision for him to step down, the person said.

There will be a rotating group of hosts for “Hardball With Chris Matthews” until the network decides what to do with the program’s time slot, the person said.