SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Seriously.....were the 2016 Republican Nomination Debates this fugged up????

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Jeez. Is this the auditions for the Jerry Springer Show?

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can tell the media (i.e. Dem elites) want Biden. When he said "I've worked in the black community for several years...I was a public defender, I was in the projects" I about fell over. Imagine if a Republican said that.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Fact Check: Joe Biden Says 150 Million Americans Died from Gun Violence Since 2007

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...d-gun-violence-2007/

CLAIM: During the South Carolina Democrat debate, former Vice President Joe Biden claimed 150 million Americans have died since 2007 because gun makers cannot be sued.

The 2010 Census reported 308.7 million people in the United States, a 9.7 percent increase from the Census 2000 population of 281.4 million.

So, since 2007, fully ONE-HALF of the population of the USA has died by firearms.

Yup, senility is a terrible thing to witness.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Fact Check: Joe Biden Says 150 Million Americans Died from Gun Violence Since 2007

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...d-gun-violence-2007/

CLAIM: During the South Carolina Democrat debate, former Vice President Joe Biden claimed 150 million Americans have died since 2007 because gun makers cannot be sued.

The 2010 Census reported 308.7 million people in the United States, a 9.7 percent increase from the Census 2000 population of 281.4 million.

So, since 2007, fully ONE-HALF of the population of the USA has died by firearms.

Yup, senility is a terrible thing to witness.
So that's where all that blood in the streets came from ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
One of the "contestants," as Mini-Mike called them, made a statement that was bone-chillingly scary, mostly because it was completely accurate. I don't remember who (Buttyfudge? Cankersore?) said it, and I'm condensing it to its essence here. I'm just glad the media hasn't picked up on it. Yet.

"There's more than defeating and removing Donald Trump. There's control of the House and the Senate."

While the "contestants" are up there playing rope-a-dope, the Michael Bloombergs of the world are buying Congress. If they can flip the Senate and keep the House, the "win" ends.

So, let's all gleefully support DJT, but even more, let's get local and support the "R" candidates running!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg won't be on the SC DEM primary ballot this Saturday.

latest polling showing Biden favored over Sanders in SC

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
latest polling showing Biden favored over Sanders in SC

Emerson Biden +16
Post and Courier Biden +4
One of them is wildly wrong. It'll be interesting to see if Biden beats Sanders narrowly... or by double digits.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Enough people are playing the "momentum game" (badly) that it's beginning to look like Biden really needs a clear (like, double-digits would be nice) win over Sanders in order to generate more support through Super Tuesday. The wild card, of course, is whether or not a third candidate does well and at whose expense.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It seems at least some Dems have decided that this has all devolved into a horror show already. There's a movement afoot to draft Sherrod Brown to run for President and Michelle Obama to run for Vice President.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/demo...white-170457146.html

I don't expect anything to come of the Sherrod/Michelle plan myself - the Salon article linked to next says they've both declined to run - but I offer it up to suggest that the we're beginning to hear the fears that precede the tears.

As the first article itself points out, this follows on the New York Times article published today that reported that many superdelegates are willing to vote against Bernie in a convention vote if Bernie fails to win a majority of delegate before the convention. Bernie, of course, maintains that if he gets more votes than any other candidate, even if he doesn't get a majority of the delegates, then he should get the nomination at the convention anyway. The important part here is that the superdelegates have stated that they are willing to vote against Bernie (if they get the chance) even if this leads to a big old conflict in the party and at the convention.

http://www.salon.com/2020/02/2...d-convention-report/ (Sorry for not giving you a direct NYT cite; couldn't get past the paywall.)

We've been hearing a bit of noise here in the People's Republic of Hippiestain about how the Bernie Bros are real dedicated and real aggressive. Are we looking at the distinct possibility of pitched brawls at the Dems' national convention in Milwaukee?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
We've been hearing a bit of noise here in the People's Republic of Hippiestain about how the Bernie Bros are real dedicated and real aggressive. Are we looking at the distinct possibility of pitched brawls at the Dems' national convention in Milwaukee?
Well, there was one at the 1968 Dem convention in Chicago.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Yeah, but that was just a bunch of self-proclaimed pacifists. The Bernie Bros seem to be burning an awful lot of bandwidth trying to prove that they're tougher than (giggle, snort) Anqueefa.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
MA is part of super Tuesday (3 Mar).

Polling indicates Sanders will do better in MA than Warren

Warren is a senator from MA

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-home-state-tuesday/

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Waiting for the little clown car to pull up on stage and load them all up and drive away.

Careful what you ask for, that car might disgorge eleven more clowns and a donkey, and and then it'd be a real circus.

That's RACIST and OFFENSIVE to the Donkey.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Anqueefa

Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Steyer formally dropped out of the race tonight and Warren is rumored to be facing growing pressure to drop out. Someone said earlier that Sanders might actually win Warren's state - Massachusetts; if she's gonna lose anyway then she might as well avoid that embarrassment.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
MSNBC is reporting that Bernie came bursting out of South Carolina and immediately flew off to barnstorm delegate-rich Super Tuesday states - Massachusetts, Virginia and California. He was ahead in the polling in all three states, IIRC, sooo...major defensive move? You'd think he'd tend to spend the most time in delegate-rich states right before the primary voting started.

BTW, the media seems to be getting a little muddled. Before the South Carolina primary, the big debate among the journalists was whether younger (under-40) black voters would come out and give the states' delegates to Sanders or whether the older black voters would come out and give Biden a win. Now they're talking about how black people in South Carolina are somehow "more conservative", which is why Biden supposedly had such a good night. And no, they never did specify who black South Carolinians are supposed to be "more conservative" than.

Another ETA: Warren claims to have taken in $20 million in donations in the last month alone and seems to be actively campaigning in Super Tuesday states.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The Greg Gutfeld Show is my favorite political comedy show on TV. The first 5 minutes of last night's episode focused the Dem's last debate and had me rolling with laughter. It includes Tom Shillue imitating Biden perfectly. Shillue is the same guy that was doing the Adam Schifferbrains imitations.

A sample of Gutfeld:
"It's hard to describe last week's debate without an apt metaphor. A train wreck? A prison riot? Michael Moore trying to eat a plate of lasagne on the toilet?"

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5740 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And another one bites the dust: Bootyjudge is out.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post