SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Teacher who fed puppy to snapping turtle found not guilty of animal cruelty
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Teacher who fed puppy to snapping turtle found not guilty of animal cruelty Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Damn it. That "teacher" is sick in the head and needs to be put far away from kids and anyone he he can influence. No person right in the head could justify this.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. And this is a perfect opportunity to see who a person really is......fucking monster.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe he was technically not guilty but he's one sick fuck.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I'm not making excuses for this teacher. But you have to understand the perspective of the rural rancher toward livestock. Animal life becomes pretty cheap. From what I read over the several months since this event, the puppy was incurable and close to death. The snapping turtle would have eaten the puppy had it found it in the wild. That is how it is seen by rancher types with livestock.

What we see here is two cultures colliding. Gentrified types who see many species as pets and anthropomorphize them and ranchers types who see things a little more practically. I am more gentrified and would not have done what the teacher did. It turns my stomach. But I would not process my own meat either. Most of Idaho is rural rancher culture.

With you in principle, but unless things have changed in Idaho since my last visit: There aren't vast herds of Food Puppies being raised as livestock. Asshole fed a puppy to a reptile for an audience.

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's messed up, legal or not. WTF is wrong with people...

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
You know the watch tv programs like Criminal Minds where a group of sociopaths and psychopaths get together to do horrendous things and you think stuff like that can't happen......and then you read something like this. I have to wonder about the sick mind of the teacher who did this and what about the four students who watched it.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
It's messed up, legal or not. WTF is wrong with people...

Had a baby deer die in my yard. Probably a genetics thing since its mom and sibling rejected it.

Internet said throw it in the street and they would come and get it.

Seemed cold for a baby so we drove the corpse out to the woods and laid it up against a tree in a quiet area figuring nature would do what it does.

We are no saints, but we know all things deserve respect when they die. It's literally the last damed thing this world will give them.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not making excuses for this teacher. But you have to understand the perspective of the rural rancher toward livestock. Animal life becomes pretty cheap. From what I read over the several months since this event, the puppy was incurable and close to death. The snapping turtle would have eaten the puppy had it found it in the wild. That is how it is seen by rancher types with livestock.

What we see here is two cultures colliding. Gentrified types who see many species as pets and anthropomorphize them and ranchers types who see things a little more practically. I am more gentrified and would not have done what the teacher did. It turns my stomach. But I would not process my own meat either. Most of Idaho is rural rancher culture.

I can understand this. He had a dog that needed to be put down, and another animal that needs to eat. Saves buying food for a day for the turtle and saves the cost of euthanasia and the effort of burial.

In reality it is the most efficient way to deal with the sick animal. Not sure I would ever do anything like that, but it is a proper use of resources.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Exactly. Trying to justify what this guy did because the dog was going to die anyhow is ridiculous.
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
From what I read over the several months since this event, the puppy was incurable and close to death.

Then have a Vet put the poor little thing to a restful sleep.

I wasn't justifying anything.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I have been involved in hundreds of animal cruelty cases and it is very difficult to get a guilty verdict on State animal cruelty charges. It is almost always better to go with county or city charges. Due to pressure from animal rights groups and the general public many departments tend to overcharge in these cases.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Report This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Abhorrent.

The wife is a vet and a farm kid. She cannot wrap her head around what makes this ok. If the puppy was going to die, it should have been done the right way.

Hell yes. Euthanize the puppy, instead of some sick teaching moment. That was a terribly wrong court decision.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:
I have been involved in hundreds of animal cruelty cases and it is very difficult to get a guilty verdict on State animal cruelty charges. It is almost always better to go with county or city charges. Due to pressure from animal rights groups and the general public many departments tend to overcharge in these cases.

I have had success in some state cases but it usually involved some unknown person Wink calling the APA and Humane Society about the case and the court being packed with their members. You would be surprised about the number of judges whose wives are on the boards of APA and Humane Society.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
If rancher and country folk think is okay then they need to understand that we city folk have animals in our lives and they are part of our family. If my kid had been a witness to this then i would have been happy to stand there and wait for the cops to cuff me after i beat the smile of that assholes face. We pay these fuckers to teach not traumatize.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I would like to show that teacher something about survival of the fittest and the food chain. I would stomp his ass everyday. What a sadist. He is seriously deranged.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry, but no. I spent a majority of my younger years on my grandparents farm. There were a couple occasions where an animal was sick or injured requiring too much vet care to be cost effective, and my grandfather simply put it down with a shot to the skull. Never would my grandfather (or anyone else I know) support or defend someone essentially torturing an animal to death, which is what happened here. This 'man' is a sick POS and should reap the whirlwind for his indefensible behavior.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
If the teacher fed a healthy mouse to a snake, no one would find it wrong.

But I don't think puppies are a natural diet for snapping turtles.

Doesn't the puppy being sick carry a risk that the turtle will now be sick from what the puppy had?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:
The only time I've ever seen someone actually get their due in an animal cruelty case was when this POS who was renting a house in a neighborhood we used to live in, kicked and injured another homeowner's dog. The homeowner visited said POS and beat the ever loving hell out of him. To this day I don't know how he got away with it, but since everyone in the neighborhood knew the renter was a piece of garbage, he found zero sympathy from anyone. Maybe that's the ultimate solution...a bit of vigilante justice to help the sick morons realize where the line is they can't step over without enduring substantial pain and suffering.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Soooooo...no sign of PETA, eh? Just as I thought...a hypocritical lot, those people are.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Why would you agree with the verdict or try to justify it in any way. The teacher is a sicko and making any animal suffer more than it has to is not a teaching tool. I wish the teacher would have been punished harshly.

I would do some kind of scan of his backyard, you might find some bodies there.

Just another sick asshole. He could have waited until the puppy died if it was dying. Why feed it to the snapper while still alive? He should be summarily fired, with cause! and prevented from ever teaching kids anything, ever again.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
We bred dogs to be man's best friend. We owe them better than this. How could this not be cruel to a species that we molded to trust us with their hearts and souls?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Report This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
This sickens me to read. There is no way this guy isn't guilty of animal cruelty. Topping it off is the fact that he's twisted his son's view of the world to think that it's the best way to deal with a sick puppy?

Take the pup to the vet. Let them euthanize the pup with an injection that won't hurt, then dispose of it, versus being terrified swimming in a cold tank and yanked to the bottom by a snapping turtle?? What asshat thinks this is in any way humane??

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Report This Post