SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYC professor chases reporter w a machete // fired again
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYC professor chases reporter w a machete // fired again Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ha ha. It's in the New York Post, so I'm guessing that this crazy, terminally angry bitch has seen this:

Students say it’s ‘crazy’ NYC college hired unhinged machete-wielding professor Shellyne Rodriguez
quote:
Cooper Union students on Thursday said they’re shocked the school hired a controversial professor who once threatened to “chop” a Post reporter with a machete.

“Oh shit! That’s scary,” a student at the Manhattan college told The Post. “I don’t think it’s ok. When you are a student you’d want to feel safe. I would not feel safe with that person being my professor.”

Another student, a 19-year-old art major, called professor Shellyne Rodriguez’s new gig “crazy.”

“I’m wondering how they interview new professors,” the student said. “Do they look at their background? No. I don’t think such a person should be here.”

A second-year architecture student at Cooper Union said she wasn’t giving a reporter her name because “I don’t want her coming after me.”
Razz

What if no students sign up for her class. Will she still get paid?

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
What if no students sign up for her class. Will she still get paid?

You read my mind. Who the hell will sign up for a class with her!?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends.If she ia an adjunct a requisite number must sign up. This is unfair to the Professor who has prepared to teach and now finds out the class did not make. This is when you play hard ball with the Dean. Generally something is worked out. The University also determines the minimum students per class. Teaching is a lot of work and it is even more work now than years ago.

Posts: 17503 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Angry Nut Case Pleads Guilty to Menacing

The whack job is required to complete 13 months of behavioral therapy as part of her plea agreement. Everyone knows it won't do her one single bit of good, but I think it's hilarious, because you just know it pisses her off even more. Big Grin

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested to know of the poor person that she has to see for therapy. She will probably be assingned to a first year social work student at the University.

Posts: 17503 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Mexican cartels may have a job opening for her.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1607 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
It depends.If she ia an adjunct a requisite number must sign up. This is unfair to the Professor who has prepared to teach and now finds out the class did not make. This is when you play hard ball with the Dean. Generally something is worked out. The University also determines the minimum students per class. Teaching is a lot of work and it is even more work now than years ago.

Clearly you've had ZERO contact with any students, and what currently passes for classroom teaching since 'years ago' then...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You sound like a low tier community college graduate. I doubt you attended Dartmouth.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^How presumptuous and insulting of you... Roll Eyes

My vehement disagreement w/ your assertion that teaching is a lot of work and specifically, that 'it is even more work now than years ago' comes through my experience as a parent of 19 YO. While he did have a 'few' exceptional teachers, the woefully inadequate preparation and professionalism of MANY I've encountered during his education is appalling. That, and the focus by far too many on the indoctrination of an ideology rather than education is abhorrent! Honestly, a huge number of the more experienced teachers simply left teaching during COVID, so that certainly hasn't had a positive impact, but rather, quite the opposite! How that compares to those from the time of my education, regardless of the institution(s) I've attended, could NOT be more stark of a contrast!

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Who the hell will sign up for a class with her!?

The entertainment value being in her class might be worth the cost of tuition. Big Grin

"What crazy shit will the instructor come up with today???"

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
You sound like a low tier community college graduate. I doubt you attended Dartmouth.

Hey now, many of us here went to community college. Nothing wrong with that.

Posts: 13301 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey now, many of us here went to community college. Nothing wrong with that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not directed at you but the douche who started a fight.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^What's with the names and insults here??? Fight? Please, get over yourself...You seem a bit overly uncomfortable when your opinion is challenged. I simply disagreed w/ your assertion, which curiously, was somewhat in defense of the unhinged professor, as if it would be unfair if no students (or not enough) signed up for her class, and it was cancelled in spite of all the requisite work/preparation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

Live Free or Die!

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Shellyne fired again

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new...d-anti-israel-tirade

A New York professor notoriously caught on camera holding a machete to a reporter’s neck last year has reportedly been fired from her latest teaching gig after espousing anti-Israel views.

Shellyne Rodriguez, who was terminated last year from her position at New York City's Hunter College, was fired again – this time from her most recent role at Cooper Union in Manhattan.

"Cooper Union has fired me because of a social media post I made about ‘Zionists’… effective immediately," Rodriguez, 47, wrote in a Jan. 23 email to students, according to the New York Post. Cooper Union Students for Justice in Palestine shared the email on Instagram the next day.

The Post said a spokesperson for the college declined to comment, but the outlet noted how Rodriguez is no longer listed as an adjunct on Cooper Union’s faculty page.

The reasoning for her latest termination was not immediately clear but came after Rodriguez participated earlier last month in a CUNY for Palestine virtual panel in which she spoke about the possibility of a Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement rent strike in New York involving not making rent payments to Jewish landlords or landlords who support Israel.

Her remarks, widely condemned online as antisemitic, also included Rodriguez explaining, "the idea that we could be a Trojan horse, that we are inside empire, and you’re here to upend it." Of others supporting Israel, she told those on the panel, "You probably wait tables where they go to brunch. Find them, go to their offices, don’t let them sleep."

"Jewish students at Cooper Union are very relieved that they fired her," Jeffrey Lax, a CUNY law professor and co-founder of Students and Faculty for Equality at CUNY, which advocates for Jewish students on campus, told the Post. "Her comments were really despicable."

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Shellyne fired again

I saved this line. I suspect it's one that could get used a few more times.

Posts: 6512 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reasoning for her latest termination was not immediately clear but came after Rodriguez participated earlier last month in a CUNY for Palestine virtual panel in which she spoke about the possibility of a Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement rent strike in New York involving not making rent payments to Jewish landlords or landlords who support Israel.

The fact that she was on a panel at another university, shows there's much to be done to rid the education system of similarly minded, divisive and frankly un-American individuals. Her initial incident of threatening and disrupting a students display table, and then later on threatening a reporter with a machete only to chase them down the street, anybody else they'd ahve been dropped and black-balled out of the academic sphere and forced a change in occupation. This clown is prop'd up by 70's era wannabe's and likely a trust or two from the children of wealthy misguided benefactors.
quote:
Her next court date is scheduled for May 15, 2024, which is intended to ensure Rodriguez complies with the terms of the plea agreement.

This could be entertaining

Posts: 15070 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The problem we have here, is that you are just not learning my dear. But don't worry, with your people skills you can easily find a job as a phone pollster, or the person trying to reach those who have let their auto warranties lapse, etc.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A few months on a chain gang would straighten out that attitude.

No, wait, what am I saying? She's a hate-filled racist and will never change.

Still, let's go ahead and put her on a chain gang. Smile

A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
They’re lucky there were no phone booths to duck into so she could change into her BLM/Antifa Wonder Girl uniform and chase them down the stairs with the traditional Weapon of Justice!

You can tell from that photo of her with the glasses on she’s just dead inside.

Posts: 4842 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Gosh darn it! What's a violent minority racist got to do to get some advancement around here?
Whom I gotta slash?

Posts: 7486 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post