SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mattis resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mattis resigns Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
https://www.reuters.com/articl...-trump-idUSKCN1OJ2WR

He will be missed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
*sigh*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The list of folks who have come and gone in this administration seems super long.

And Mattis may have been the best pick of all. It's a damn shame he's leaving.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think the Secretary of Defense resigning justifies its own thread. If I am wrong, we'll find out.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Mad Dog did not want to leave Syria.

Thank you for your service

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I think the Secretary of Defense resigning justifies its own thread. If I am wrong, we'll find out.

I hope that you are correct, this is a big big deal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Whenever I get disappointed with President Trump, I just think of this meme:

He kept that bitch out of the White House. Anything else he does is extra.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
LOL Jim, I do the same thing!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Badwing
posted Hide Post
He opposed Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris climate change accord, decertify the Iran deal, slap tariffs on steel and aluminum, and move the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. He opposes the president’s proposed ban on transgender service members and has reportedly ignored requests from the White House to see plans for a military strike against North Korea.

Posts: 207 | Location: SINY | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Thursday announced he will step down from that post by the end of the February, leaving a significant leadership void in President Donald Trump’s Cabinet.

He will be missed. IMO has done a good job and was a big morale booster especially for the Marine enlisted.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am with Badwing on this one.

I am grateful every terrorist he is responsible for help killing. But I won't miss him in this position.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over time the average tenure of senior federal government officials is 18 months. In the executive branch only the President and Vice President are elected to a specific term.

Once again the democratic party propaganda machine is trying to make a change in office into something nefarious.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
From October 14th, 2018 -

"Mattis “hasn’t told me” that he plans to leave, Trump said, and didn’t directly answer the question of whether he’d like the Pentagon chief to depart.

“I had lunch with him two days ago. I have a very good relationship with him. It could be that he is. I think he’s sort of a Democrat, if you want to know the truth,” Trump said. “He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves. Everybody. People leave. That’s Washington.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...-be-planning-to-quit

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
Over time the average tenure of senior federal government officials is 18 months. In the executive branch only the President and Vice President are elected to a specific term.

Once again the democratic party propaganda machine is trying to make a change in office into something nefarious.

Huh?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
His prior service record is solid - but I am not sure what he accomplished in his current role?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:

Huh?
People leave / change positions all the time, this was even hinted about months ago.

Democrats try to make it look like somethings wrong.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
If he runs in 2020, it can be Mad Dog 20-20....joking of course.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badwing:
He opposed Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris climate change accord, decertify the Iran deal, slap tariffs on steel and aluminum, and move the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. He opposes the president’s proposed ban on transgender service members and has reportedly ignored requests from the White House to see plans for a military strike against North Korea.

Indeed, a massive letdown.

Posts: 9966 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post