SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mattis resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mattis resigns Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
As has been said before, the man could walk on water (and, to be sure, some think he does Big Grin), but the headline would read, "Trump can't swim!".

Anything and everything he does will be attacked by the commies. Anything and everything.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Pundits are saying Trump is forcing Mattis out early because President Trump is fed up with all the positive news coverage Mattis is suddenly getting.

Remember when all these Pundits and left wing hacks were apoplectic about all the military men that the President was surrounding himself with? Now that he's changing course and getting different people, it's suddenly the precursor to Armageddon. Hacks!

Commie assholes will say anything and make up any shit to paint a negative picture about the President. They still refuse to realize that at least half of the folks in the country don't buy into their day in and day out lies.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This too may pass, but... I am concerned that Secretary of Defense Mattis is/was more symbolic than Trump bargained for.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that this act could be the catalyst that causes the Dems/Republicans to rekindle old relationships and work together to bring him down. I believe there are a number of Republicans who have been waiting for an excuse to break ranks with him, and this may be the move they’ve been waiting for.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They have already been doing that and at their own peril. Mia Love and that Flake asshole are two examples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is our military so decimated and debased that Mattis is the only good soldier left?

I think Not!

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi: The Taliban was a creation of Pakistan's intelligence service, and as long as that support continues, the Taliban will remain.

Sort of....Taliban is an amalgam of the highly conservative & violent culture that exists in Southern Afghanistan (Pashtun) with a dose of support from Paki ISI so they have a proxy which they can manipulate what goes on beyond their northern border. The Afghan's today, generaly are highly religious and very fundamentalist in there spirituality, everything in their lives revolves around their religion, Taliban is a natural organized outgrowth of those views with the Pashtuns. Those who were more secular or, moderate in their religion, are either killed, in hiding or, left during the Soviet invasion and living in Fremont, CA.
quote:
Many of the senior leaders who push a more agile, lethal military are the same ones in favor of continued involvement in overseas actions that have not turned-out the way we hoped and have cost more lives and dollars than the results justified. Some of them have also lined their pockets.

This for sure. There's been very few generals or, colonels that have stepped forward (even retired) that have called BS on the overall effort in the rock-pile. Year after year, it was continuous I brought all my guys home, we accomplished our mission, great job team. Promotions continued, everyone got a CIB, patches worn on the right shoulder and the fruit salad grew. What was an effort to root-out a bunch of trans-national terrorists, has evolved into a jobs program for DoD. It should have never gotten beyond a SOF-lead mission, let the indigs run the country as they see fit.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bottom line, I'll bet that Trump is pulling out of Mid East shitholes because he knows he needs those troops on our southern border, as doubtful as The Wall is for the immediate future.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Bottom line, I'll bet that Trump is pulling out of Mid East shitholes because he knows he needs those troops on our southern border, as doubtful as The Wall is for the immediate future.

IDK, Mattis was fired in a humiliating way by Obama, You would think reporting to President Trump would have ben a dream comparatively.
Clearly, this is a man that doesn't take orders very well, but excels in giving them.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post