SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mattis resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mattis resigns Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
disappointing

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
Over time the average tenure of senior federal government officials is 18 months. In the executive branch only the President and Vice President are elected to a specific term.

Once again the democratic party propaganda machine is trying to make a change in office into something nefarious.

Huh?
People leave / change positions all the time, this was even hinted about months ago.

Democrats try to make it look like somethings wrong.

Yes, people leave. But at some point can we at least acknowledge that President Trump has a way of failing to retain the very people he brought in?

In just under two years, Trump has gone through the following...

- 3 Chiefs of Staff
- 3 NSA's
- 2 Secretaries of State
- 2 DHS Secretaries
- 2 HHS Secretaries
- 2 VA Secretaries

As well as the above, he's currently in the process of trying to fill Attorney General, UN Ambassador, Interior and Defense vacancies.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
"If your heart is no longer at the Council Fire, you should leave. "

Tecumapece, sister of Tecumseh

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Well that’s unfortunate.

I will miss him in that position.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I commend his military service, I've not been a fan at all of his since he became SecDef. I thought that if anybody would reverse the social experimentation of the previous two SecDefs who opened combat roles for women, it would be "Mad Dog" Mattis. This failure, in spite of the request by the USMC commandant to not integrate them following a study which showed how poorly mixed gender combat units performed compared to all male units, made me lose pretty much all respect for him as SecDef. Not to mention, his experience as a commander of Marine infantrymen should have given him first hand insight into the foolishness of this. And, as others have stated, his opposition to the barring of transgenders from military service was a big disappointment. I will not miss him.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5163 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to see him go; he was respected by everyone. That's hard to do these days.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
His prior service record is solid - but I am not sure what he accomplished in his current role?

A new National Defense Strategy; replacing the absence of one for the past 10 years.

Gen. Mattis' leaving is not a good thing IMO. He is a well-measured, thoughtful man who understands sacrifice, leadership and war. He is a fellow at the Hoover Institute. (You can learn about his thoughts and principles if you care by listening to his POV there.)

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
As well as the above, he's currently in the process of trying to fill Attorney General, UN Ambassador, Interior and Defense vacancies.
After two years, it's probably time for a semi-clean slate.

And yes, Trump goes through people, I know. But I think many of them failed to perform up to his expectations.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Yep.

I great difference between ""running the ship" and "occupying the wheelhouse".

Trump is "running the ship", not "occupying the wheelhouse" as the person last holding the title.

He is not in a popularity contest or in it to make friends and set up play dates.

If the people on your team are not effective in the winning strategy, you trade them off, or replace them from new blood.

It's often not an attractive process to behold.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Sad. He was stability personified. He will be missed.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

And yes, Trump goes through people, I know. But I think many of them failed to perform up to his expectations.

One thing about the Trump presidency is that unlike any other in history, it is such a hot seat to be in involved in the administration. Literally everyone is against you and trying to undermine what you're trying to accomplish. We have people like Sanders facing a gauntlet in restaurants and the press room. These people are human, they read the press and at some point, they've had enough of the shit.

I don't think the above directly applies to Mattis, but Trump comes from a world that demands results. By hook or crook, he wants these results.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I like Mattis a lot. I hope he stays on behind the scenes, providing advice.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the media is hoping I'll feel this way but I'm really getting weary of the daily drama .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I know the media is hoping I'll feel this way but I'm really getting weary of the daily drama .

It will only make you weary if you play the game.

I wait until my "news" is "simmered", very little in my life demands I know every second of every day what is going on. And the news media has a voracious appetite for viewer-ship, it consumes the consumer, and I will not partake.

I have watched almost zero televised news or radio and nothing printed.

Where I do get my information is from this site's leads and stories as it has been "vetted" for veracity.

Heart attack serious when I say that this site is the most trustworthy of news, information and I like the commentary and editorializing.

And when I do catch a bit of the mainstream noise, and I find it causes me to pause, I ask myself; "Is the primary goal to try and disparage DJT?" and almost always, the answer is a resounding "yes", and I let it go and walk on.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a Mattis fan. We lost a good SecDef. Sorry to see him leave but he did it on his own terms to the extent it was possible.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
If he runs in 2020, it can be Mad Dog 20-20....joking of course.

Gives me a headache just thinking about it....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
https://www.reuters.com/articl...-trump-idUSKCN1OJ2WR

He will be missed.
. An American hero will be missed!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to think that he pop'd smoke and bugged-out, after two years of dealing with the circus at the White House, while holding off the opposition wolves that occupy the Beltway. It's an environment that only the most narcissistic, ambitious and ruthless survive, many friends have gone there and returned, shaking their heads saying 'never again'.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
can we at least acknowledge that President Trump has a way of failing to retain the very people he brought in?

the Dance of the Alpha Dogs is complex in even a nurturing environment.

With the DNCers playing the role of Gateway Witchcraft Inquisitors, along with the daily frenzy of lies and rabid morons pretending their insights are somehow precious, no wonder turnover is ample. Yet it seems each new appointment actually IS a bit more skilled in navigating the Hazardous Wasteway of DC.fed.gov

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
While I do like Mattis, I think this is a good thing. All I need, is to judge the reaction of Schumer, Pelosi, and the media.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post