SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mattis resigns
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mattis resigns Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
While I do like Mattis, I think this is a good thing. All I need, is to judge the reaction of Schumer, Pelosi, and the media.

Sometimes they bluff. And sometimes they bluffing their bluff.

You can’t get complacent.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
It may seem like a lot of turnover, but I think it just gets more exposure with Trump. For example, Obama went through Chiefs of Staff even faster.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Secretary Mattis resignation letter was a carefully worded message to the Senate. It was a giant FU to the President of the United States. He and General Kelly really did try and keep the Donald from destroying the United States of America. Godspeed General Mattis.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Mattis was the anonymous letter writer the NYT bragged about. Hmm...

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
Secretary Mattis resignation letter was a carefully worded message to the Senate. It was a giant FU to the President of the United States. He and General Kelly really did try and keep the Donald from destroying the United States of America. Godspeed General Mattis.

He had a great reputation when he began tenure as secretary of defense. However, what has he done in that position which was good for the nation? I’m in Afghanistan now, it’s time to pull out 100% of our troops and leave this dump. I am in favor of the presidents position which says if we are not going to fight to win we should stop fighting and come home. General Mattis wanted us to stay in Afghanistan and Syria and everywhere else indefinitely without enabling us the resources in authorities to be victorious.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
I understand government may be different, however when I worked in corporate America and there were changes in my staff, I used to tell those I confided in that I never lost anyone I didn't want to lose.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:

He had a great reputation when he began tenure as secretary of defense. However, what has he done in that position which was good for the nation? I’m in Afghanistan now, it’s time to pull out 100% of our troops and leave this dump. I am in favor of the presidents position which says if we are not going to fight to win we should stop fighting and come home. General Mattis wanted us to stay in Afghanistan and Syria and everywhere else indefinitely without enabling us the resources in authorities to be victorious.

Agree 100%.
Not since WWII did we fight to win...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Please do tell us all how Trump is destroying America. This I gotta hear....

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I know the media is hoping I'll feel this way but I'm really getting weary of the daily drama .

It will only make you weary if you play the game.

I wait until my "news" is "simmered", very little in my life demands I know every second of every day what is going on. And the news media has a voracious appetite for viewer-ship, it consumes the consumer, and I will not partake.

I have watched almost zero televised news or radio and nothing printed.

Where I do get my information is from this site's leads and stories as it has been "vetted" for veracity.

Heart attack serious when I say that this site is the most trustworthy of news, information and I like the commentary and editorializing.

And when I do catch a bit of the mainstream noise, and I find it causes me to pause, I ask myself; "Is the primary goal to try and disparage DJT?" and almost always, the answer is a resounding "yes", and I let it go and walk on.

Well said Monkey.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:

The fuck you talking about? President Trump is saving The United States of America.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Exactly!!!!! Mattis and every other General who has served in the past 15 years shares in the disasters of Afghanistan and Iraq. I say Good riddance to him.

If you can’t win, and no one in the past 17 years has been able to devise a plan to do so, nor did the Russians or the British before them, then leave.

Accountants has a saying, don’t throw good money after bad. But that’s exactly what we’ve been doing in the Middle East.

Queue those who are going to jump into this thread to cast the military as the victims in 5, 4, 3, 2....

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I agree with sigmonkey on this one.

Mattis has a stellar military record and looked great on paper but he was never a team player. Frankly, I am little surprised he stayed on as long as he did.

Everything will be OK.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, um. I am going to have to disagree with you on that position.

I would love to hear some supporting evidence that Trump is trying to or somehow is accidentally going to destroy the United States. Please expand on your theory.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My son is 18 years into his career with 3 ground deployments and 3 driving AH64's. He has the same feelings as you do.

Posts: 4812 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Please expand on your theory.
You'll have to wait at least thirty days to hear Dresden spew his bullshit and if he comes back with the same shit I see from him now, he's going to be removed from the forum.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Please expand on your theory.
You'll have to wait at least thirty days to hear Dresden spew his bullshit and if he comes back with the same shit I see from him now, he's going to be removed from the forum.

Thank you, para. He certainly won't be missed.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
If he runs in 2020, it can be Mad Dog 20-20....joking of course.

Gives me a headache just thinking about it....

I saw what you did there.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badwing:
He opposed Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris climate change accord, decertify the Iran deal, slap tariffs on steel and aluminum, and move the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. He opposes the president’s proposed ban on transgender service members and has reportedly ignored requests from the White House to see plans for a military strike against North Korea.

I didn't know all of that. It's a good thing he's leaving. As an executive, this makes him look like a paper lion, in spite of his great service record.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Where I do get my information is from this site's leads and stories as it has been "vetted" for veracity.

Heart attack serious when I say that this site is the most trustworthy of news, information and I like the commentary and editorializing[/QUOTE]

Just like SigMonkey, these were my thoughts before opening this thread.

Posts: 239 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:
quote:

Exactly!!!!! Mattis and every other General who has served in the past 15 years shares in the disasters of Afghanistan and Iraq. I say Good riddance to him.

If you can’t win, and no one in the past 17 years has been able to devise a plan to do so, nor did the Russians or the British before them, then leave.

Accountants has a saying, don’t throw good money after bad. But that’s exactly what we’ve been doing in the Middle East.

Queue those who are going to jump into this thread to cast the military as the victims in 5, 4, 3, 2....

I agree with both of you. These old guys in the Pentagon would have us deployed for an eternity if it was up to them. There are kids born after 9/11 who could end up dying in Afghanistan. That's insane, but they don't care. Lord knows most civilians don't care either.

I am gearing up for a 3rd trip to that dump myself. It's well beyond time to get out of there, last time I went was 9 years ago! This is the reason why I supported and voted for President Trump, to end this neocon warhawk nonsense. I am sure I will still have to go, but hopefully we'll be the last unit and the unit set to relieve us can stay home.

And FWIW, Mattis was also the guy declaring we need an 80% FMC rate for these old, broke, worn out jets, maintained by old, broke, worn out maintainers. I won't shed any tears at his departure because anyone issuing such an unrealistic order must be out of touch with reality.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post