SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Frito Pie.

Please share your recipe in the other thread.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
C'mon Georgeair!
Let's please see an update!!! Big Grin

Meat coma. Gimme minute.

Big, too full to scale down less than my inflated tummy!

eta.

Review - Wagyu is awesome and a great steak. On beef ribs, as awesome as these were and as much as we enjoyed the richness of the flavor, too much.

I want beef ribs to be beefy, not super-rich. Getting some solid Prime or decent full-length beef ribs would yield results the same or better.

Good experience, good illustration of more isn't always better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12345 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Pork Chops and spinach (canned, I like canned spinach, I get the no salt added), and a cup of coffee.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Review - Wagyu is awesome and a great steak. On beef ribs, as awesome as these were and as much as we enjoyed the richness of the flavor, too much.

I want beef ribs to be beefy, not super-rich. Getting some solid Prime or decent full-length beef ribs would yield results the same or better.

Very much agree. Our local H-E-B has been carrying all sorts of Wagyu cuts for a while now. Last Father’s Day I picked up a wagyu ribeye at the meat counter. Talking with the butcher he warned me that as good as it was, I’d likely be back to Prime the next time I was in. He was right, just too rich for that application. Since then I’ve found that the wagyu skirt steaks are great for stir frys. The tenderloins are also nice as it’s just the right amount of fat. The ribeyes and strips, not so much.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
My pulled pork turned out awesome. Wasn't ready until 12AM, but we just ate really, really late. Got a bunch in the fridge. Had a idea for omelets this morning. Green onion, pulled pork, and cheddar makes a heck of an omelet. Dinner tonight is leftover homemade chili on some dogs. Best chili cheese dogs use real chili not canned. Looking forward to that. Smile

Pulled pork freezes and then reheats extremely well also. I freeze it in quart size ziplocs with enough for two people, then thaw and heat it in the oven and it's just as good.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Cheese grits with shrimp and andouille sausage. Really, one of my favorite dishes.

Recipe, please? I may have all the ingredients..

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5275 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Cheese grits with shrimp and andouille sausage. Really, one of my favorite dishes.

Recipe, please? I may have all the ingredients..

Yes please.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Chili cheese dogs. Hommade chili, top split buns, cheddar and white onions on top. Dogs cooked over charcoal and apple.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night I made chicken kabobs. I was going to put them on skewers and grill them but ended up cooking them in cast iron. Turned out great.
Pita bread and my favorite IPA was delicious.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Stock from water, chicken carcass, peppercorn, thyme leaf, bay leaf. After stock rested 24 hours and fat was skimmed, soup from trinity (carrot celery onion), thyme, bay leaf, chicken stock, rice, chicken, celery leaf, very little salt.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Last night was navy beans with celery, onion, carrots, chicken/garlic sausage in the crock pot.

Tonight will probably be "bork" (ground beef/pork mix) tacos or bork burgers, depending on what kind of mood I'm in around dinnertime.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
crock pot BBQ pulled chicken breasts tonite

w/ corn bread muffins

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Chili Verde. Cut a pork roast into chunks, seared in oven at 500, made a double batch of salsa verde, and put it in crockpot overnight.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23089 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Shrimp risotto tonight. Great leftovers.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Recipe, please? I’d love to make that. I’m thinking steak and shrimp tonight, but we will see how the day goes.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5275 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight I am doing, for the first time, Instant Pot chicken gizzards with green chilies, purple onion, and med sized baking potatoes. Also adding seasoned carrots with cayenne pepper.

I have no idea how it will turn out, but I am going to give it a try.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be more effort to eat leftover pulled pork. Pulled pork topped cheese burgers, should be interesting.

I froze a TON of pulled pork and still have a ton in the fridge, but after five days of eating pulled pork, one can only have so much. I think I am going to throw away whatever is not finished. Would have invited neighbors over, but social distancing.

Pulled pork omelets were awesome, will do that again for sure. Any suggestions on how I could reuse the pulled pork in some other recipe? That pulled pork verde stuff tatortodd looks pretty darn good.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Elk steak, and a bowl of rice.

Happy belly.... Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13407 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Try this. My wife has several go to risotto recipes.

https://www.thekitchn.com/reci...om-the-kitchn-200084

quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Recipe, please? I’d love to make that. I’m thinking steak and shrimp tonight, but we will see how the day goes.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Tonight will be more effort to eat leftover pulled pork. Pulled pork topped cheese burgers, should be interesting.

I froze a TON of pulled pork and still have a ton in the fridge, but after five days of eating pulled pork, one can only have so much. I think I am going to throw away whatever is not finished. Would have invited neighbors over, but social distancing.

Pulled pork omelets were awesome, will do that again for sure. Any suggestions on how I could reuse the pulled pork in some other recipe? That pulled pork verde stuff tatortodd looks pretty darn good.
It's delicious and easy. I've done it with leftover pork too.

Salsa Verde Ingredients (single batch will do 2ish lbs of pork):
  • 12 medium tomatillos (option: 28 oz can of tomatillos drained).
  • 1 jalapeno if you like medium heat, 2 jalapenos if you like hotter (Even better: 1 jalapeno + 1 serrano is awesome because you get early heat and late heat)
  • 1/2 medium onion chopped
  • 2 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt (might take more depending on salt already on pork)
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Directions:
  • put all of the above in the blender and blend it
  • pour blender contents into a sauce pan or stockpot
  • add in pulled pork
  • bring to boil over medium heat
  • reduce heat and simmer for 30ish minutes.
  • stir occasionally
  • protect and enjoy

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23089 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post