SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Beans. I made pinto and great northern beans with celery, onion, garlic. Tomatoes and green chilies. Some herbs and spices, with a big hunk of jaw bacon and some cubed up ham. That and jalapeno corn bread.

I'll be set for lunch and dinner for a few days.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Pizza. I did cheat though and used Aunt Mid’s sauce. Not bad for sauce in a jar.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Made Ribeyes, mashed potatoes, broccoli with cheddar, and hommade bread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Last night, had reheated leftover Chipotle Light Mayo, Green Onion and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce Chicken topped by Crispy Fried Onions with Cheddar Cheese and Green Onion Roasted Cauliflower mixed with Meatloaf Seasoning.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Red beans and rice, using Tigereye's recipe.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damnit! Worse mistake possible was opening this thread at 2:15am when I couldn't sleep. Now my stomach is growling to wake the neighbors after seeing these meal pix!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Spaghetti Aglio Olio with chicken breast, and the same homemade bread pictured above. Thank you Mr. Shuggart for the recipe, really can't thank you enough. It's become one of my favorite easy to make recipes. Used my homegrown Italian parsley which has a little extra flavor vs what they sell the grocery store. I somehow forgot to take a picture of the plated meal. I am not sure if you really made home cooked food if there is no picture of it?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I decided to treat my neighbors who have been so good to me. Unbidden they have made a practice of getting my daily mail, putting out my trash at the curb, and getting groceries for me among other things.

I have mobility issues as well as health problems including dealing with the Big C. Frown So their generous help is priceless.

I ordered dinners from a local favorite family restaurant that is doing take out now. Neighbors picked it us for us all. Great stuff. So much so that the normal half half bottle of wine I might have with a great dinner turned into a whole bottle. I'll sleep well tonight! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Spaghetti Aglio Olio with chicken breast, and the same homemade bread pictureParmigiano Reggianod above. Thank you Mr. Shuggart for the recipe, really can't thank you enough. It's become one of my favorite easy to make recipes. Used my homegrown Italian parsley which has a little extra flavor vs what they sell the grocery store. I somehow forgot to take a picture of the plated meal. I am not sure if you really made home cooked food if there is no picture of it?
Thanks, Jesse, although the credit should go to Chef John. It's my go-to dish: Ten minutes from start to finish. I always have the ingredients around (garlic, spaghetti, olive oil, Parmigiano Reggiano, fresh parsley ). You can add chicken or shrimp or whatever, but it's great by itself.]

Here's the original link. Try it, you won't be sorry!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/bjmYkPkjnVo

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I baked a silver salmon fillet on the grill. It was tasty.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Jim, I've been a fan of Chef John for a while. I had never seen that one, so you get the credit. Anyone who's never tried it, I highly, highly recommend it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Cracker chicken with mushrooms, rolls and sliced potatoes asked with butter and chees with bacon bits...

Cracker chicken is not some southern white trash meal...Mrs mike introduced me to it years ago...

Chicken breast, dunked in egg, rolled in crushed ritz crackers and topped with two oats of butter, baked...

Can’t go wrong with butter and ritz crackers.

We had the mushrooms a la carte.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Jambalaya, red beans & rice, tomatoes/okra. Lemon cake.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Shrimp in chili sauce ("ebi chili sauce")

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Not dinner, I made this for breakfast, does that count?

I have always liked scrambled eggs with lox and onions. This is an upgrade: Smoked Salmon / Asparagus Frittata:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!

That indeed counts Big Grin

Looks delicious!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight is fresh Steelhead Trout with green beans.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight, I made Buffalo shrimp, with homemade buffalo sauce, from my homemade hot sauce. Man it was gooood. Home fries.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Nuked a Nighthawk Steak'N'Corn dinner (their beef patty is pretty good, actually) and (separately) reheated a large side of Popeye's green beans. Threw them all together on a plate and it looked good. (Sorry--no picture--I was hungry.) It all tasted good, too. (Not too shabby for a non-cook.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Fishbox for two from a good local joint, The Dock Seafood.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post