SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Carhartt is a workwear retailer headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan -get vaccinated or get terminated!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carhartt is a workwear retailer headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan -get vaccinated or get terminated! Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Carhartt is a workwear retailer headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan and they have reportedly just announced to their thousands of employees that they don’t care what the Supreme Court has ruled concerning President Biden’s OSHA vaccine mandate, they will require employees to be vaccinated in order to keep their job.

The 133-year old company is one of many that are choosing to plow ahead with the mandate for large employers. Carhartt appeals to blue-collar workers and hipsters and now their decision may negatively impact their bottom line.
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...&utm_campaign=bizpac

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8315 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well hell! I've been a devout buyer of Carhartt clothing for decades now. I always assumed that they were a conservative American company. Goes to show you can't assume anything anymore. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
So they are telling their employees in Vietnam and the Philippines and where ever else their products are made to get vacinated or else?

Their clothes is imported, I cant find an American made piece of Carhartt now.

My chore coat from '93 is American made, but my son's new chore coat, nope.

HK Ag

Posts: 3491 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Is the company policy or a directive for operating in the state?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Do we need another thread on this?

Also, keep in mind the site owner/admin’s repeated requests about the term “vaxxed”…

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Very much sounds like a company directive.

quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Is the company policy or a directive for operating in the state?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Remove the (non) word "vaxxed" from your subject line, please. The word is "vaccinated"

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Meh, whatever. It's their business let them run it (into the ground) however they wish. If you don't want to take the medical treatment they are demanding leave and find another job. They are going to lose a good portion of their workforce, but they're going to lose an even bigger portion of their customers. I'm guessing they are banking on the hipsters that have started buying their clothing and don't really think they need the working man's business anymore.

Not a big deal to me, I only buy one of their products and I can find a dozen other suppliers that make a similar product.

Fuck em.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20739 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. I'll be looking for another source for good quality T-Shirts in TALL sizes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
That's too bad. I'll be looking for another source for good quality T-Shirts in TALL sizes.

Dickey and Eddie Bauer both have tall sizes. Not sure what their political persuasions are.

Posts: 3871 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I sent them a message and told them I would purchase from their competitors from now on after buying their products for ~30 years.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's a funny way of saying "hey conservatives! Fuck you, we don't want your money!" but ok.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I never could understand how ANY business would want to alienate 1/2 of their customers on either side politically.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8315 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idiots. I hope this plays out exactly the way we are all thinking here.

Of course the grade school children in Vietnam and the PI will have to transition back over to the Nike factory once demand drops - but hey - those kids can get vaccinated too.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Making clothing products for the working man, while shitting on the working man... The Carhartt Company

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caribouhunter
posted Hide Post
This is so disappointing as a Michigan resident and once purchaser of their products. I guess every business has their policies and so do the purchasers of products. I deemed that supporting this company is too much of a personal risk living in the state where they operate and have sent emails to them already highlighting this position. So long to another company, I feel like Arya Stark with my “list”, only this is companies who are off limits to my wallet.

Posts: 420 | Location: White Lake TWP. - Michigan | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
The hipsters will ditch them as soon as the fad catches on. How many von dutch trucker hats do you see these days?

And then after conservatives and hipsters stopped buying from them, lets see them "get woke, go broke"

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I'm adding them to the list. Way back when I created a list on Google Keep titled 'Do NOT Shop'. I haven't kept up and I don't even remember why I added any of the companies (Bed, Bath, and Beyond; Kohls; Wayfair), but Carhartt is now on it. I won't forget why. I added in parenthesis, "Vaccine mandate".

Year V

Posts: 2609 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Meh, whatever. It's their business let them run it (into the ground) however they wish. If you don't want to take the medical treatment they are demanding leave and find another job. They are going to lose a good portion of their workforce, but they're going to lose an even bigger portion of their customers. I'm guessing they are banking on the hipsters that have started buying their clothing and don't really think they need the working man's business anymore.

Not a big deal to me, I only buy one of their products and I can find a dozen other suppliers that make a similar product.

<curse word removed>.

Agree

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14001 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I haven't kept up and I don't even remember why I added any of the companies (Bed, Bath, and Beyond; Kohls; Wayfair), but Carhartt is now on it.
The 3 companies you mention don't like Mike Lindell questioning the election results and so stopped carrying My Pillow products.

Here's the rest of them: https://woodradio.iheart.com/c...as-dropped-mypillow/

Posts: 4005 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post