SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Carhartt is a workwear retailer headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan -get vaccinated or get terminated!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carhartt is a workwear retailer headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan -get vaccinated or get terminated! Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

covidquestions@carhartt.com

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I've been wearing Carhart stuff for over 40 years. My jacket & my old bibs still have Made In USA labels, but I looked on their website & they only make three products in the US anymore- Two jackets & one style of pants. Carhart can't have that many employees left in the US, except for management.

Their statement must have been to impress the woke Bruce Springsteen, and hipster types, who like to be seen wearing Carhart clothes, but run the other way when it comes time to do Carhart stuff- like work.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
***SEND*** Them a message like I did to "Please reconsider"

https://www.carhartt.com/contact-us

Maybe they will listen to their customers and reverse. We can try. God Bless !!! Smile

Done. Not like they care or anything.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. I knew Carhartt off-shored much of the their products about 20-years ago which disappointed many now, shitting on the everyday user, simply reveals who their executives are.

As for Carhartt chasing hipsters....Carhartt is the original non-fashion brand to chase the fashion/ironic market. Their WIP label has been in existence for 30+ years marketed as street-wear. Go to Europe and regular Carhartt is viewed as a fashion brand, same as Champion athletic wear; jackets, beanies and sweatshirts are all stacked-up alongside Timberland boots and Nike SB shoes. Its that causal slice of Americana that the kids there all want.

Alternative workwear brands that haven't mandated will be far and few between: VF owns Dickies along with Timberland PRO and Kodiak, their employee deadline was in early Jan. Red Cap, Walls, Bulwark, and a few others are former VF brands sold to a VC firm...not sure on their requirements.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alternative workwear brands that haven't mandated will be far and few between:

From the comments here, it seems that there's a demand for quality workwear, made in the USA, without the 'woke' politics.

You know brands and marketing far better than I do. But where there's a demand for a product, it creates opportunity. Someone usually starts a business to fill the demand.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Somebody please tell me: Is there any decent quality every day casual or work wear, like khakis, polo shirts, pocket T-shirts, cargo shorts, etc., that is

• good quality,

• made in the U.S.A., or at least not in China,

• sold by a company that is either non-political or has conservative values,

• affordable, and

• available in TALL sizes?

Tell me where to find this, and I will become a customer.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
  •  
    Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    Dungarees (jeans).
    https://www.kcjacks.com/collections/dungarees
    Seems like they have an opportunity to expand the offering.

-rduckwor

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Would you mind sharing those Scandinavian sources?

I like Fjallraven and Faceline who imports Bjornklader. You won't really find another pair of pants like them in the US.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Big Stack
    posted Hide Post
    I bet thus has more to do with being able to find enough vaccinated workers to keep all their stores staffed than anything ideological.

quote:
    Originally posted by Tirod:
    In News You Can't Make Up: Starbucks cancels their vaccine mandate:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-biden-osha-mandate/

The soy latte crowd backs off, the American Workwear for Real Men goes woke.

Ya just can't make this stuff up.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Banned
    posted Hide Post
    In further news, it's reported on social media that disgruntled Carhartt owners are protesting corporate support of the vaxx mandate by sending back their clothing under the money back guarantee.

I'm betting that nobody in Corporate there ever wore the garments or worked their way up from the plant floor. Convince me I'm wrong.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks for the information. I contacted them and expressed my concern over their policies.

Posts: 85 | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of awa762
    posted Hide Post
    I'm so tempted to not jump in and contact them, but that's ultimately part of the problem.

A spontaneous conclusion that has hit me in the face a few months ago is that businesses and government will be technically fine with a person cutting a fetus out of existence, but they aren't ok with a person choosing to NOT get vaccinated. Talk about one hell of a double standard.

Hopefully our efforts make a difference with Carhartt. Maybe they're more interested in government contracts than retail purchases.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I have been buying their heavy hooded winter jackets for probably
    30 years. I get 3-4 years out of them driving my truck. I've
    probably got 5 or 6 old ones in my garage. Keep them in case I need to crawl
    underneath my car to fix something in January with snow on the ground. Smile

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of konata88
    posted Hide Post
    I’ve got a few items I’m going to stuff into a flat rate box and send to their corporate mailing address. Not looking for any money back.

Some stuff not even worn. Just telling them they lost a customer.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
    "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12723 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I was recently in a Dick's Sporting Goods, (this was a work visit, seeing what they're carrying and how they're displaying things), and there on one of their feature tables was a big stack of Carhartt sweatshirts. No I'm not talking about a bunch of safety yellow and orange hoodies but, a variety of quite fashionable and trendy colored hoodies with a stylized Carhartt logo.

Like Yeti and others, these brands are chasing trends and fashion by attempting to pull-in a 'mainstream', 'younger', through mass market, price-sensitive retailers, while simultaneously turning-off and possibly insulting the core customer who helped build the brand. I wouldn't be surprised if Carhartt will be found at Urban Outfitters, PacSun or Tilly's Roll Eyes

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    paradox in a box
    Picture of frayedends
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by corsair:
    I was recently in a Dick's Sporting Goods, (this was a work visit, seeing what they're carrying and how they're displaying things), and there on one of their feature tables was a big stack of Carhartt sweatshirts. No I'm not talking about a bunch of safety yellow and orange hoodies but, a variety of quite fashionable and trendy colored hoodies with a stylized Carhartt logo.

Like Yeti and others, these brands are chasing trends and fashion by attempting to pull-in a 'mainstream', 'younger', through mass market, price-sensitive retailers, while simultaneously turning-off and possibly insulting the core customer who helped build the brand. I wouldn't be surprised if Carhartt will be found at Urban Outfitters, PacSun or Tilly's Roll Eyes

You must have missed it. We all stopped supporting Dicks a long time ago. We never have noticed their Carhartt stock because we don’t go there anymore.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by frayedends:
    quote:

You must have missed it. We all stopped supporting Dicks a long time ago. We never have noticed their Carhartt stock because we don’t go there anymore.

Never said I was shopping...

posted Hide Post
    quote:

They look at these outreach customers as being additive to their overall revenue and market share, but I'm not sure how it works out in the long run when they implement policies that offend their core customers. You need to sell a lot of hats and hoodies to replace losing the blue collar working class.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Ozarkwoods
    posted Hide Post
    I sent them a good bye note.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I've used Carhartt duck hooded jackets for boatloads of years, primarily for cold season ranch work. My oldest one gave up the ghost last month. I snagged a branch with my arm while thinning trees with a chainsaw, irreparably tearing the jacket's sleeve. Probably got 15 years use from that jacket -- it was looking worse for the wear in many places.

Bought a similar Carhartt jacket a couple of weeks ago, used it for the first time last weekend while thinning storm-damaged trees. Nice jacket, it's at least equal to the old one that I tossed.

Posts: 7874 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post