SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Carhartt is a workwear retailer headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan -get vaccinated or get terminated!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carhartt is a workwear retailer headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan -get vaccinated or get terminated! Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Nail in coffin. I was already avoiding Carhartt products because it was increasingly difficult to find stuff made in USA. A lot of their stuff seems to be made overseas but charging made in USA prices. That's not agreeable to me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12723 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Damn and their pants fit me perfectly.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this pisses me off. I have been wearing their stuff for years and now they go down this road? I'll wear what I own and that will be it.

Makes no sense. The average guy/working man has been the backbone of their customer base. Hipster? Not even sure what that is but I don't recollect seeing their clothing on anyone but a regular guy.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
So they are telling their employees in Vietnam and the Philippines and where ever else their products are made to get vacinated or else?

Their clothes is imported, I cant find an American made piece of Carhartt now.

My chore coat from '93 is American made, but my son's new chore coat, nope.

HK Ag

About 7 years ago when the canvas coat boom hit, Carhartt was already offshore. The issue I noted wasn't "blue collar and hipsters" it was middle management sporting the jackets on the weekend.

Walk into an auto parts store with a brand new fashionable cut canvas coat with no soil or wear on it? In clean jeans and mall shoes? Changing your own oil is a nice thing to do but the clothing never seemed to suffer any of the normal distress from that job.

We all joked Carhartt had gone suburban and I also noted that hourly contractors quit wearing it - too expensive. A number of local Ag stores reduced their inventory and offered more affordable brands.

Carhartt locally is now considered the brand worn by upscale weekenders who never seem to get it dirty. If anything they ruined the sales of butternut - look around - see a new one lately? It's usually dark grey or black now. A brown canvas jacket is considered retro. A lot of trades moved to softshells and some of those are now heated - the brand lights up when they are on.

They priced themselves into this and they can deal with it. Its no longer the work wear for trades or hard use.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing Carhart stuff for over 40 years. My jacket & my old bibs still have Made In USA labels, but I looked on their website & they only make three products in the US anymore- Two jackets & one style of pants. Carhart can't have that many employees left in the US, except for management.

Their statement must have been to impress the woke Bruce Springsteen, and hipster types, who like to be seen wearing Carhart clothes, but run the other way when it comes time to do Carhart stuff- like work.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If Carhartt wants to commit seppuku over what is edging closer and closer to the magical end of the pandemic, let them. I haven’t the slightest concern if they decide getting woker is more important than losing a huge chunk of conservative business.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I haven't kept up and I don't even remember why I added any of the companies (Bed, Bath, and Beyond; Kohls; Wayfair), but Carhartt is now on it.
The 3 companies you mention don't like Mike Lindell questioning the election results and so stopped carrying My Pillow products.

Here's the rest of them: https://woodradio.iheart.com/c...as-dropped-mypillow/

If I am not mistaken - My Pillow turned record revenues and profits in 2021. (and their net worth has exceeded the 500M mark) I guess that worked out pretty well for Mr. Lindell.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I wrote Carhart off last year when I went to buy new pants. Old pair was made in Mexico from US fabric. They were heavyweight canvas and long lasting. Replacement pair of exact same style was assembled overseas from foreign material. They didn't even last one summer. I am completely off of Duluth / Carhart / even Filson. I buy all of my work wear from a few Scandinavian brands now. Much better quality IMO.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
I wrote Carhart off last year when I went to buy new pants. Old pair was made in Mexico from US fabric. They were heavyweight canvas and long lasting. Replacement pair of exact same style was assembled overseas from foreign material. They didn't even last one summer. I am completely off of Duluth / Carhart / even Filson. I buy all of my work wear from a few Scandinavian brands now. Much better quality IMO.

Would you mind sharing those Scandinavian sources?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the Rev is referring to Blaklader stuff for work.
I troll EBay for older Carhartt USA made stuff when I am in the market.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I haven't kept up and I don't even remember why I added any of the companies (Bed, Bath, and Beyond; Kohls; Wayfair), but Carhartt is now on it.
The 3 companies you mention don't like Mike Lindell questioning the election results and so stopped carrying My Pillow products.

Here's the rest of them: https://woodradio.iheart.com/c...as-dropped-mypillow/

Thank you. I've annotated my list with the info.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
My Carhartt jacket is 22 years old now and I still wear it around the yard in the fall and spring. I assume it was made in the USA. The tags inside the jacket are not readable any more. I only had to replace the zipper once.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever. I have three Carhartt jackets that I use for ranch duties in cold weather -- primarily chainsaw work. Carhartt pants don't seem to fit me very well, so I go with other brands of work pants. One jacket is seriously worn in places, but fills the need for really dirty jobs.

If I had to buy another work jacket today, it would almost certainly be another Carhartt.

Posts: 7874 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
In News You Can't Make Up: Starbucks cancels their vaccine mandate:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...-biden-osha-mandate/

The soy latte crowd backs off, the American Workwear for Real Men goes woke.

Ya just can't make this stuff up.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If workers would only stand together and all walk out regardless if they're vaccinated or unvaccinated it wouldn't take long for Carhartt to drop their vaccine requirement. Unfortunately the liberal news media has so brainwashed and divided a large portion of the population we as Americans no longer have the will to stand up for ourselves or stand up for others. The pilots at Southwest airlines got it right when they all called out sick and suddenly corporate dropped their mandatory vaccine requirement. There is power in numbers but to many people are afraid to use it.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is power in numbers but too many people are afraid to use it.

Absolutely.
If it's only a few who stand up... they will get fired. If it's a large enough portion of the workforce, the company will back down.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
This guy is either misinformed or he has drank the kool-aid. I don't think he's backing down anytime soon:

Carhartt CEO says an unvaccinated workforce is a ‘risk that our company is unwilling to take’

Some customers are threatening to boycott the workwear company for mandating vaccines, while others praise the brand for protecting employees.

‘An unvaccinated workforce is both a people and business risk that our company is unwilling to take.’
— Mark Valade, Carhartt

https://www.marketwatch.com/st...-to-take-11642534041

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer to buy clothing that is not made by grade school children in Manilla and Hanoi.

Good riddance.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
***SEND*** Them a message like I did to "Please reconsider"

https://www.carhartt.com/contact-us

Maybe they will listen to their customers and reverse. We can try. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Honestly, they've shown their true colors and apparently it's nothing but shades of RED, so they'll NOT get a second chance from me, or any opportunity to reconsider. I am no longer willing to tolerate anything or anyone pushing, facilitating or capitulating to anything leftist...Period. Since the 2020 election and all through the COVID 'plandemic' they've exposed themselves and chosen a side. Nothing they're peddling is even remotely defensible at this point and I'm done. Go Woke, Go Broke! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8892 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post