SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bumbling Shooter Wayne LaPierre Fails to Kill Elephant
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bumbling Shooter Wayne LaPierre Fails to Kill Elephant Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

Eh. Im old, fat and drunk most of the time. Yet I still do. Are ya'll ingesting to much soy?

Y'all? I think you misread the meaning of my post.

Sorry about that. Had a stroke and quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the post that said they didn't have that urge.

And yes. I understood your picture. Had a good laugh Big Grin

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzPOpgSU-3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rNkHDR81ow

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Spot on.

Video #1: Any creature that can appreciate a nice set of tits deserves an exemption from being eradicated just on the merits of intelligence alone.

Video #2: Yes. Lets just splatter their brains and guts all over the tundra so we can have nice grips on our 1911.. They are just mindless zombies roaming the earth Roll Eyes

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I wish I had video of games I played with young elephants, and incredibly funny things I have seen elephants do.

I'll tell you just one. In the 80s the premier hotel in New Delhi was the Ashoka. I would go from time to time for lunch. One afternoon I watched as several German young ladies climbed the ladder to get up on the hotel elephant's back-- tourists loved to do this. Just as they settled the last strands of hair in place, and wrapped their saris around their choli tops, and smiled into the camera the mahout was holding-- the elephant released a big spray of water on them that he had been holding in his trunk just waiting.... Yes, even they laughed.

In recent years, not "bunny huggers" but naturalists and anthropologists have studied their "family structure." They protect one another fiercely, care lovingly, and grieve when one of their herd dies. It turns my stomach to think of morons shooting them for a picture that proves their manhood. Whoever does that has a lot to learn about manhood.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
and grieve when one of their herd dies
We saw this on a visit to Tarangire National Park in Tanzania back in 2015. Very sad. Very old matron, fell walking down to a river and could not get up. It was amazing and heartbreaking watching the other elephants trying to help her up.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I wish I had video of games I played with young elephants, and incredibly funny things I have seen elephants do.

I'll tell you just one. In the 80s the premier hotel in New Delhi was the Ashoka. I would go from time to time for lunch. One afternoon I watched as several German young ladies climbed the ladder to get up on the hotel elephant's back-- tourists loved to do this. Just as they settled the last strands of hair in place, and wrapped their saris around their choli tops, and smiled into the camera the mahout was holding-- the elephant released a big spray of water on them that he had been holding in his trunk just waiting.... Yes, even they laughed.

In recent years, not "bunny huggers" but naturalists and anthropologists have studied their "family structure." They protect one another fiercely, care lovingly, and grieve when one of their herd dies. It turns my stomach to think of morons shooting them for a picture that proves their manhood. Whoever does that has a lot to learn about manhood.

I wish I had your experiences.

Once again, spot on.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
A couple of points.

An elephant is not all that easy to kill. From the front there is only one spot for a sure kill, about the size of a cigarette pack, in the forehead. From the side a heart shot which is an equally small target. And the heart shot, even if a solid hit, is not all that quick either.

One of my classmates and best friend in Jr. and Sr. high school was the son of a well known outdoor writer named Jack O'Connor. I got to spend time talking with Mr. O'Connor on several occasions, and was allowed to inspect his trophies and guns. He had a couple of tusks in his trophy room which occasioned some interesting talks.

I hold no special regard for Mr. La Pierre but when one understands how difficult it is to kill an elephant it does shed a bit more light on the issue.

And without legal elephant hunting they would over-populate and face starvation.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
LaPierre fires two more shots at close range, prompting the guide to remark, “I’m not sure where you’re shooting.”

Wayne, you know after flying, we have to re-sight the optics, did you zero your rifle before we headed out?

While I totally agree with resighting after traveling, his shots where so short distance, this slight misalignment on an extremely large target where negligible. Iron sights might have been a better choice.

No that affect isn't necessary negligible at that range, even at that distance. I'm a hunter, but I could never hunt an elephant, unless I was working for a state managing problem elephants that were destroying crops or killing people. Legit and sanctioned perhaps, but for sport, not for me. I used to support hunting elephant for sport, but no longer. They reflect the best aspects of the human race, much too high an order of species to hunt for sport. I feel similar about other species.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Here is a video of the poaching problems and the outcomes.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post