SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Yay! The latest to join the "woke" crowd. Roll Eyes

https://centralnovanews.com/st...ogy-for-their-racism

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism

By Central Nova News Reports
Nov 23, 2021

The Salvation Army wants its white donors to give it more than just money this Christmas season. Its leadership is also demanding they apologize for being racist.

It's part of a push by the Christian charitable organization to embrace the ideas of Black Lives Matter, an activist group working to, among other things, "dismantle white privilege" and "disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure."

The Salvation Army's Alexandria-based leadership has created an "International Social Justice Commission" which has developed and released a "resource" to educate its white donors, volunteers and employees called Let's Talk about Racism. It asserts Christianity is institutionally racist, calling for white Christians to repent and offer "a sincere apology" to blacks for being "antagonistic.. to black people or the culture, values and interests of the black community."

"Many have come to believe that we live in a post-racial society, but racism is very real for our brothers and sisters who are refused jobs and housing, denied basic rights and brutalized and oppressed simply because of the color of their skin," one lesson explains. "There is an urgent need for Christians to evaluate racist attitudes and practices in light of our faith, and to live faithfully in today’s world."

In an accompanying Study Guide on Racism, Salvation Army authors explain that all whites are racist, even if they don't realize it.

“The subtle nature of racism is such that people who are not consciously racist easily function with the privileges, empowerment and benefits of the dominant ethnicity, thus unintentionally perpetuating injustice," it says.

"Sunday school curriculum that only uses white photography and imagery" is an example given that perpetuates injustice.

"We must stop denying the existence of individual and systemic/ institutional racism. They exist, and are still at work to keep White Americans in power," the lesson says.

"These systems give privileges to white people"

Let's Talk about Racism pushes arguments identical to those of leading "Critical Race Theory" purveyors Robin DiAngelo and Henry Rogers (a.k.a. Ibram Kendi), whose work is recommended by Salvation Army authors.

DiAngelo and Rogers (Kendi) claim that any observable difference in relative behavior or accomplishment between racial groups is due to the inherent racism of whites, arguing against the traditional American concept of equal opportunity in favor of the Marxist-inspired goal of equality of outcome.

"Structural racism.. is the overarching system of racial bias across institutions and society. These systems give privileges to White people resulting in disadvantages to (blacks)," reads a Salvation Army lesson.

Proponents of "Critical Race Theory" don't believe whites, Asians or Hispanics can avoid being prejudiced against blacks. They want them to demonstrate what they call "anti-racism" in favor of blacks, helping to establish lower standards for them than they do members of other racial groups, or making cash "reparation" payments to blacks as compensation for alleged previous racism.

"Stop trying to be ‘colorblind’. While this might sound helpful, it actually ignores the God-given differences we all possess, as well as the beautiful cultures of our Black and Brown brothers and sisters," Let's Talk about Racism explains. "Instead of trying to be colorblind, try seeing the beauty in our differences, and welcome them into your homes churches and workplaces. Being colorblind also ignores the discrimination our Black and Brown brothers and sisters face and does not allow us to address racism properly."

Founded in 1865 in London, England, the Salvation Army is both a protestant Christian church and an international charitable organization. Its first "red kettle" was set up in Oakland, California in 1891.

National advisory board members include Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones, Chick-Fil-A Foundation President Rodney Bullard and charter school pioneer J.C. Huizenga.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I will apologize!
I will strongly apologize for NOT putting anything in there kettle or ever donating anything to them!
Too Bad, I always thought of the Salvation Army as the best organization to donate to.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous…..no apology and now NO coins!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Fuck that.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I’m never putting another evil, white, racist nickel in their damn red buckets.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that applies to Asian donors. I used to think the Salvation Army was one of the best charities to donate to. Now that they have joined the woke crowd, they will receive exactly $0 from me for now on.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is a good charity to donate to? My list is growing very short.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
They can go fuck themselves. No more money from me. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
What is a good charity to donate to? My list is growing very short.

DAV - Disabled American Veterans
PVA - Paralyzed Veterans of America
Shriners Hospital
Your local food bank

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This time of year I'd go with food banks, Toys for Tots, and a relief society for one of the Armed Servcices.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow. They just ruined themselves if this is actually systemic throughout the organization.

And I had just donated to them a few days ago. I suppose that'll be the last.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The Salvation Army was the one organization that could count on a donation from me every single Christmas, without fail, for as long as I can recall of my seventy years on this planet.

Was.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
...if this is actually systemic throughout the organization...

Read this and doubt no more. Let's Talk About RACISM

Q

posted Hide Post
That's a shame. The Salvation Army is one charity I looked forward to every Christmas time. It wasn't really Christmas until I heard the cheesy bell and saw the red kettle.

I hope the BLM Looters pick up the slack since I won't donate another cent to them.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice timing, this will save me the $100 that they usually receive from me over the Holidays!

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
We agree. Fuck them. No more racist dimes from either of us ever again.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you want to send a letter:

The Salvation Army National Headquarters
615 Slaters Lane
Alexandria, VA 22314

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
OK, then. They'll never get another cent from me.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This whole theory is based on racial prejudice, stereotypes and bigotry. Worse, it employs collective condemnation which is foundational to genocide. I will not apologize to bigots, bullies and cowardly organizations. I have been oppressed in provable ways by their team. They cannot prove reciprocity on my part. So, take your little red bucket and your grumpy Santa beggars and stuff them in a dark and unsanitary place.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
They're going to learn first hand what "Get woke go broke" means. Alienate your donors and who suffers...the people who make use of the donations. What a stupid, stupid, thing to do.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post