SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
No.

And forget about any future donations.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't trust a single actual charitable organization. They are all companies paying themselves.

If there is one or two good ones I'm sorry they get lost in the mix but oh well.

A charity getting into politics...freaking ignorant.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6252 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What did President Trump say: "Everything woke turns to shit"?

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOCkid:
Nice timing, this will save me the $100 that they usually receive from me over the Holidays!
I just donated to them a few days ago. I wish I'd known about this.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Interestingly enough they hid all the material on their international website, not on the US website.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I only give to Shriners Hospitals for Children. (They helped my brother when he was a kid)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Well, shit. They were the one outfit I thought I could trust to use my donation wisely and not spend 90% of it on "administrative costs".

Not only will they not get one thin dime from me, the poor bell-ringer will get an explanation of why that will be impossible to misinterpret.

An email contact: donations@salvationarmyusa.org

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Not only will they not get one thin dime from me, the poor bell-ringer will get an explanation of why that will be impossible to misinterpret.

The bell-ringer has probably been brainwashed into a guilt-ridden whitey, already. So, it will fall on deaf ears.

Oops! I subconsciously automatically thought of a white person ringing the bell. I am therefore racist, and I do apologize.....NOT!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
What a disappointment. SA is now on my No-way-no more list.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I give money to my church. I sit there every Sunday and see what they are doing in my immediate area. I’m ok with that. A friend is a very low paid manager of a st Vincent de Paul soup kitchen back in CA. I sent his specific office some money this week so they can buy more turkeys. I know they are running on a shoestring. But otherwise I’ll keep my cash and take care of my own immediate area.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yup every year I give money to these people. Fuck them now, and I will let every single one I walk past why. Let them all take it back to their masters, I had 500 people tell me to fuck off this year and didn't donate because of our woke bullshit

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife is good friends with a woman that runs an independent local food bank. Looks like they'll be getting an extra-large windfall donation from us now that we've scratched SA off the approved charity list.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
How about a sincere, “Suck my ass you commie jerks?”

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a pile of crock - and a total let down. No more moolah from me!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If they want to be woke~ let them go broke..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Growing up my dad's family lost everything in the Yuba City Flood of 1955. The Salvation Army was the only organization that they received any help from. It was his primary charity that he contributed to every year without fault. I've continued that tradition to honor him. Looks like I will have to re-examine that tradition.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Well, this is a large disappointment!
Oh well, I guess that money will be going to a couple of Boxer Rescues I contribute to!

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am now retired, from the Salvation Army...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I guess this lunacy will never stop. They must be confidant that will not affect their donations...or they just don't care. Amazing.

Not another penny from me.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure."

and “Christian” don’t seem to me to be something you would find used together. More “nuclear family structure” would be beneficial among certain groups.

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post