SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Laid Off - Need Some Prayers - OFFER SIGNED
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laid Off - Need Some Prayers - OFFER SIGNED Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
I was completely blindsided on Friday morning and told I was being laid off and my position deleted. I was 130% to goal last year earning most of my stretch bonus, and the company having a record year 2 years in a row.

They decided to restructure the sales team and cut costs. They made sure to tell me it wasn't from no fault of my own. They are also currently hiring sales positions at the same time as my lay off when I had put my hat in for the NAM role before the new VP of Sales took over.

I thought crushing my sales goals would be my job security but this is a new life lesson.

Please pray for me as we go through this, I negotiate severance and look for a new sales role.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG4EVA,

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7148 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Prayers you find new, better employment soon.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Man that BLOWS! Adding you to my list…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Reach out to your network, I'm sure something will come along soon. Hang in there!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 996 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes. At least they did not lay you off at Christmas!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this. I really hate that mgmt blindsides people like this unless there is a very good severance pkg (ie - 1 year pay + health).

I hope you find something to your liking quickly.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13085 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Sorry this happened to you.. Start working on the resume and reaching out to your linkedin network..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sig 226,

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2709 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Praying this is the start to something much better.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16899 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your search.

I have a semi-retired friend who does sales training and consulting all over the country, and is often asked to find sales staff for his clients. Reach me by email in profile if you would like to get in touch with him.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time and I mean every time I lost a job God blessed me with a better job. Better job, with better pay, better benefits and better working conditions. God will also do the same for you as long as you trust Him, have faith in Him and believe in His Son Jesus Christ. Praying for you to be blessed and for this negative experience to become a positive experience.

Posts: 1712 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts and prayers to you.

As others have said everytime the unexpected has happed it's led to better opportunities I wouldn't have found otherwise.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to read this. Most often your recent success will reward you with other opportunities. Best to take stock in yourself with the understanding it's not your fault.

I had experienced this in my past, twice. I read into this part, "the new VP of Sales took over" as the source of this grief. Likely just someone new trying to piss on their territory and make it their own, or to hire a friend (ask me how I know). Their mistake, and I wish you patience and faith.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2077 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. Hope you land a better position quickly.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. I now how it feels, been laid off last April.

Posts: 7444 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers sent. Some companies are outright dicks in the pursuit of money. I did NOT run my business like that.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
You got ‘em. Here’s to a cat landing.

Posts: 13564 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Done, happens for a reason. God will land you where you belong. I am sure it will be good!

Chin up.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good luck! With numbers like that I'm sure there are plenty of employers that will be interested.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I was 130% to goal last year earning most of my stretch bonus, and the company having a record year 2 years in a row.

That right there is going to get you into another position really fast. Really fast. If you don't already have them get references from your best clients. If I were to place a bet you'll be in a better job making more money. Good sales people are actually pretty scarce. You'll be fine but I'm still sending good thoughts your way.

Posts: 7670 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Good luck. Remember your priority should be resting a break before you start looking for well deserved better opportunities. Best to start fresh and well rested.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12264 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post