SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Laid Off - Need Some Prayers - OFFER SIGNED
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laid Off - Need Some Prayers - OFFER SIGNED Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Quick update:
I had an interview with a company today and a big one on Thursday. Its for a Director of Sales role and would be a nice jump for me career wise. I have an incredible support group with my friends and church, which really helps.

I'm staying positive, enjoying the extra time with kids, continuing to work referrals. I haven't done much cold applying.

It's funny how I seem to "work" more trying to find a new job vs. actually working one.

Keep me in your prayers if you can, it really does help and I can see God orchestrating things already even though nothing is happening yet.

For a bonus, CMP delivered my 1918 Eddystone M1917 after months. Its a beautiful example. Bad timing given no job but luckily I had saved for it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7148 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
At first, I thought this was a couple of years old thread but saw it was only in Feb this year. You have my prayers for an abundant blessing.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20019 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The "work" at finding a job seems greater because you are focused on a the one goal (landing "a" position) while your efforts are "scattered" on multiple fronts.

It's a battle to win a war.

And it's the reason people say it's easier to find a position when you have a position, because at that point, you are likely already "holding good ground" and only looking to gain an advantage on the field, and likely less stressful.

You have my best wishes and prayer that you find a good place, soon.

All of that is compounded when your the breadwinner/leader of the tribe.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44457 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I wish I could provide a better update but this has been the most brutal market I've ever experienced, including graduation in late 2007 and trying to find a job during the crash of 2008. The way my previous employer did my severance, they rolled in my bonus due which was supposed to be separate, robbing me of 7 weeks of unemployment I should have been able to claim. I just got to start claiming it.

Over 4 months unemployed, 35+ interviews, 3 final rounds, and 0 job offers so far.

I have one that is a great fit but will take another 2-3 weeks to present an offer that would be acceptable. I also have an interview with the CEO/COO for another company that's a great fit but those are the only real opportunities I have.

I've done EVERYTHING suggested from a million different coaches. I spent 2-3 weeks on resume, building STAR stories, heavy networking, exhausted 11 referrals, interviewed way too much to get back in the swing, and I have very little to show for it.

I got my NC Life and Accident/Health Insurance license and have a provisional contract with NY Life. I am not interested in the life part as much as the path to see if I would like to pivot in financial advising. I've done this for a few years for family/friends for free and enjoy it.

I started doing side work to have some kind of income. Gazebo and pergola construction in the hottest June I remember, lol. It pays decent and is flexible although its hard work.

I never that I would be reduced to manual labor and crappy jobs at 40, but here I am. God has a plan and he's definitely using this time to stretch me pretty hard but I've recognized that. The upside is that my family is in Taiwan all summer, so some of the stress is gone in that respect. I ran out of insurance this month so I had to sign up for Medicaid. I'm draining savings but still able to maintain my household so yay for that.

I'm not really sure what the point of my rambling is except to give an update. I know of the flip side, it should make for a great story/lesson but still sucks right now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG4EVA,

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7148 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Hopefully things will work out well for you!

Very stressful for you, I know, but EVERY time that I’ve been laid off my new job was better than the last.

When I retired at age 70 I was delighted to politely tell my employer that his services were no longer needed.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Hang in there. You certainly have my prayers over this!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2070 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Shock waves will continue due to those in charge of wrecking our economy amongst a lot of other things.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19704 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
Every time and I mean every time I lost a job God blessed me with a better job. Better job, with better pay, better benefits and better working conditions. God will also do the same for you as long as you trust Him, have faith in Him and believe in His Son Jesus Christ. Praying for you to be blessed and for this negative experience to become a positive experience.
Same experience here. It’s a chance to upgrade your situation.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5236 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Seriously, just an encouragement: every no or ignore that you get, gets you one step closer to that yes you want. And you know this being in sales.

In 2008, I knew a vice president of a bank. Got laid off. and he worked at a 7-11 for a while until he got back into his career. There's nothing embarrassing about working any honest job.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20019 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yes, I believe in no time you're gonna be saying, holy shit, you won't believe the opportunity I was just offered!

It's coming!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39224 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
When I stepped away from my full-time employment (Active Duty Military), it was 5 years before I had full time permanent employment again. After 2 years of interviewing, making it to final selections and not getting chosen (usually in the top 3), I started my own company. I had to, I was homeless and helping myself was the only solution.

The company that hired me, had hired my company to do some contract work and after a few short 1-2 week contracts offered me a position as an employee. Even then, it was a small company who made it clear I had been the last hired and would be the first fired for 2 years. At one point on a Thursday at the end of the day I was told they didn't have anymore work for me until I had a higher license. Luckily I was able to attain that license in about a week's time.

When we moved back to Alaska I started the process all over again. Nothing was successful or paid enough to make the most basic of ends meet. Most everywhere wanted me to donate my time, or missionary aviation organizations required that I gather my own donations and then turn over half to them to be able to work with them. When my wife lost her job, we started our own company again.

I finally settled that I'm just unemployable. I'm constantly stressed owning the company, and as a family all of our eggs are in one basket of a volatile industry. It sucks. But life is like that. We work hard, treat people right, and refuse to compromise our ethics. Something that doesn't make you friends in the real estate world...

My advice from a broken old grumpy veteran...make your own way while you keep looking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13986 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the encouragement! I really need it.

The interview that I was supposed to get this week is now on hold. They are modifying the job description, I praying they don't cut the pay. Just can't catch a break.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
After getting dicked around by two companies, I FINALLY SIGNED AN OFFER!!!!

It was a 1 month process from recruiter call to offer. Almost 6 months and I'm happy to report that I'm making more than I did in my old job and with much better people. Super excited to work!!! Thank you for the prayers, advice, and concern, you guys rock!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

posted Hide Post
A hearty congratulations.

As you probably know, He will provide.
s.

Posts: 304 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Really good to hear of you success.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 197 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39224 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Congratulations SIG4EVA!!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:...I'm happy to report that I'm making more than I did in my old job and with much better people....

Outstanding!

Yep! Gotta have faith in yer faith!
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
...every no or ignore that you get, gets you one step closer to that yes you want....

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44457 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post