SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Found two puppies (free to good home hint hint). :) ***Update they are staying with us***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found two puppies (free to good home hint hint). :) ***Update they are staying with us*** Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted
Found these two puppies while on our evening walk. I assume they were dumped and they were hiding out in a drainage culvert. Probably 4-5 weeks old and seem pretty healthy. Hopefully the no kill animal shelter will take them in as we don’t need two new puppies at this time despite what my daughter thinks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drabfour,

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good on ya, drabfour.

I swear to God... Mad

You can tell your daughter that she just needs to keep working on you. Those little pups should stay together and be in a good home, like yours, drabfour.

Hell, we'll Amazon kibble to ya, whatever you need. Need a doghouse? We'll get you one.

I can't believe how cold-hearted are some people. I couldn't abandon a living thing. We are thrown into this world. No one was asked, we're just here. We've got to look out for helpless things. Anything else is a sin.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Where are you located?
We just rescued a boxer and have our hands full with him but I am sure you will find them a good home.
Good luck.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Yeah Para people suck that’s why my daughter changed from doing something in the medical field to the veterinary field. I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up keeping them. Theses two are sisters so they’ll probably stay together. Big Grin

I’m in Tyler smschulz.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Beautiful animals. I'd take them but my cat would never forgive me.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Oh I hear you our other dog is already jealous and I think my wife is coming around to the idea of keeping them. Razz

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Where are you located?
We just rescued a boxer and have our hands full with him but I am sure you will find them a good home.
Good luck.

We just lost our boxer a few months ago and it’s been difficult.

Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
You're my hero, drabfour. Good luck with them.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Good on ya, drabfour.

I swear to God... Mad

You can tell your daughter that she just needs to keep working on you. Those little pups should stay together and be in a good home, like yours, drabfour.

Hell, we'll Amazon kibble to ya, whatever you need. Need a doghouse? We'll get you one.

I can't believe how cold-hearted are some people. I couldn't abandon a living thing. We are thrown into this world. No one was asked, we're just here. We've got to look out for helpless things. Anything else is a sin.

Ditto! Let me know if I can help.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you know what breed they are?

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Hat Tip drabfour! Smile

I like your style! Cool

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh God, they are beautiful!

I'd love to have them but I've already got 5 cats, 4 horses and a dog!

Bless you for saving them!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not an expert but I think those puppies are 8 or 9 weeks old, not 5 weeks. They just look too self aware. One thing is for certain, they are very good looking puppies. They make me wish I lived in Texas even though I currently have my hands full with a very active 8 month old Std. Poodle.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they win your heart I'd chip in for the Vet visit, shots or kibbles etc.

Good luck with them.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The forum is pretty obviously gotten attached to those little dolls. Could you update some pictures every so often?

Just for a while?

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said, Para.

Good on you, drabfour!!!

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
There is a scientifically based inverse square law that clearly shows a correlation between the time a daughter has possession of puppies and the chances of keeping them.

Enjoy your new dogs Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Jimineer No idea on the breed.

Scooter123 I’m not either just taking a wild guess. Smile

Some Shot Will do.

gearhounds yeah she immediately named them so… Big Grin

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
TX is a big state, where about in it are you?

Edit, just saw Tyler area.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are gorgeous! So good of you to rescue them! Anyone who would abandon a pet shouldn’t be allowed to own one. And a bitch slap would be in order.
I’m thinking this would be an excellent time for a little responsibility training for your daughter. “You want to keep them? You’ll need to feed them, walk them, clean up after them, and of course love them”. It’s a win, win for you!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post