SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Found two puppies (free to good home hint hint). :) ***Update they are staying with us***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found two puppies (free to good home hint hint). :) ***Update they are staying with us*** Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
They are beautiful! Good on you and your family. Abandoned dogs will forever worship their saviors in my experience. They will provide endless love and protect your family till the day they die.

Warms my heart!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D_Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Second vet appointment yesterday. They have doubled in weight and are now intestinal parasite free.

What a wonderful looking pair of hounds. Breaks my heart that someone would just throw them away in that manner to die a long painful death.
I will email.

ETA: Thank You for saving that pair.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D_Steve:
What a wonderful looking pair of hounds. Breaks my heart that someone would just throw them away in that manner to die a long painful death.
I will email.

You’re too generous! Thank you kind sir. Smile

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
drabfour's email address is his PayPal address.
If anyone is so inclined

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sweet pups. I am glad you can keep them.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Yay!! Cool

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The white one looks like a lap dog. The brown one looks like life will be interesting.

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Vet appointment today for booster and rabies vaccination, one more booster to go then can set up an appointment to have them spayed.

About 15 weeks old now.

Koda 16.3 pounds.

JellyBean 13.5 pounds.

Healthy and rambunctious as can be for this age. Smile

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Soulful eyes

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I missed this thread before. I love the very first pic, the daughter holding the pups, and you can just make out the huge smile on the daughter's face. When I saw that I said to myself, "I'll read the whole thread, but I already know, they keep those puppies."

Sometimes it's the animals that adopt us, rather than the other way around. Good job listening to them and saving those lives.

Posts: 2291 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Cute pups.
My wife is on me to get us a 2nd dog.
Our Border is roughly 7 years old this year.
We've come close a couple times, nearly picked up twins in a similar manner as the OP, walked up to a nearby bar & my wife saw them on FB.
They were gone by the time we got down there.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Cute pups.
We've come close a couple times, nearly picked up twins in a similar manner as the OP, walked up to a nearby bar & my wife saw them on FB.

Remember to keep an eye on your local animal shelter too.
You'd be amazed at what shows up there and you get to pick out one that just clicks with you.
I volunteer walking dogs sometimes at our local county shelter and there are some great ones needing homes.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
You'd be amazed at what shows up there and you get to pick out one that just clicks with you.
I volunteer walking dogs sometimes at our local county shelter and there are some great ones needing homes.

Most definitely! My wife follows a lot of the local shelters on social media and says she needs to just unfollow them because she is always seeing one she would like to take, probably all of them. Smile
Anything from your basic Heinz 57 to extensive purebreds.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Cute pups.

That's how we got our Border.
She's super sweet & had been extended from euthanasia 3 times.
She was 7 deep on foster lists.
They offered to put me 'on the list'
I asked, what if we want to just take her home & keep her? That put us at #1 & we took her home after she'd been spayed.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Looking Good Smile

"Let's Go Brandon"

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Last round of boosters today. Both almost same weight now just under 20 pounds. Next up is to be spayed. Has anyone used a low cost spay/neuter clinic? Our SPCA does it just wondering pros and cons of going there instead of our usual vet.

Waiting for the vet to come in.

And a little walk in the park afterwards.

Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Soulful eyes

Thankful eyes

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would rethink that neutering right now, many vets are now recommending that not be done until the dog is a full year old. The problem with doing them this young is their joints are not fully formed and early neutering can and does result in malformed joint. BTW neutering is illegal in most of Europe because it's a practice that just wreck's the endocrine system in either sex, what is done in Europe is either a vasectomy or tubal ligation.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I would rethink that neutering right now, many vets are now recommending that not be done until the dog is a full year old. The problem with doing them this young is their joints are not fully formed and early neutering can and does result in malformed joint. BTW neutering is illegal in most of Europe because it's a practice that just wreck's the endocrine system in either sex, what is done in Europe is either a vasectomy or tubal ligation.

Agree 100%.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:

Dr. Karen Becker recommends not to neuter a dog for various reasons with a longer life being one of them.

https://foreverdog.com/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post