SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Found two puppies (free to good home hint hint). :) ***Update they are staying with us***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found two puppies (free to good home hint hint). :) ***Update they are staying with us*** Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Beautiful babies….
I won’t say what I think should be done to animal abusers/dumpers….

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Way to go drabfour. I'm sorry to hear they were abandoned but I'm glad someone like you came along for the rescue.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did Jonathan and Martha Kent ship Kal-El off to the orphanage? No, I tell you. No, they did not. They bought him a cool suit with the underwear on the outside and they set him up with a couple of real foxes.

You've got Kal in white and El in brown and they're yours.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Beautiful girls! Not an expert, but I am seeing St. Bernard+Pit Bull mix, gonna be big'uns.

Good for you drab4, a true rescue. Add me to the list of those who are willing to help out as needed.

And as for the despicable scum who dumped them, I am confident that karma will make their lives even more miserable than their lack of character and integrity already has.

Do they have names yet?

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Beautiful puppies and good on you for saving them. Puppies are a handful though, I’m working on our 4 month old Bernese Mountain Dog. Feels similar to when we had very young children

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
I’m thinking this would be an excellent time for a little responsibility training for your daughter. “You want to keep them? You’ll need to feed them, walk them, clean up after them, and of course love them”. It’s a win, win for you!

She 18 senior getting ready to graduate high and go to college. She pretty responsible. Big Grin
She has a Yorkiepoo though he’s more or less claimed me as his person. Razz

She named the brown one Koda and the light one Jellybean or bean for short.

About the biggest thing for us to consider is the vet/spay part being they are both females and will have to have that done.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine how unfeeling someone has to be to just "dump" animals. You did a great thing in rescuing them.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have had to name the light one Chrome

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
babies and puppies. what's not to love. those two cuties are going to be big ones

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
… Hell, we'll Amazon kibble to ya, whatever you need. Need a doghouse? We'll get you one. ...
Does this mean we get to have an official SIGforum collective puppy (or two)? Big Grin

First, we have to vote on names.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You're a good man.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pups! You did a great thing!

Posts: 870 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to contribute. Good looking dogs, wish I could take them.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, I thank those of you who are offering to contribute- sincerely, I do, but be aware- we allow occasional crowdfunding in this forum, but as of last year, gofundme is dead to us. Never again will you see a link to gofundme in this forum. They are amoral, thieving slime, and those are their good points. Never, never, never.

There are alternatives, and any crowdfunding which takes place in this forum will be one of those alternatives. I hate the fact that "gofundme" has become synonymous with crowdfunding, because they are the slimiest, most unethical leftists you can imagine. Please refrain from ever referring to them here.

As a matter of fact, I'm just going to plug "gofundme" into the filter. If a post of your contains that word, it will no longer reach the open forum.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course,

Whatever method we use, happy to contribute.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good on you! They are beautiful puppies!

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Thank you for caring for them. They are super cute!

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot be too hard on those who abandon dogs, my previous dog was abandoned during the Mortgage Crisis back in 2007. The poor guy wandered into the production floor at work and was then taken to the front office. Where I was page to report immediately. Because I had been without a dog for a bit over a years and folks were getting tired of my bad moods. So I was told to give this wanderer a good close look. He was thin as a rail and his coat was filthy and matted to the skin but that little rascal had no problem wagging his tail at me and coming right up to me when the let him go. Up to the street to a dog groomer he went and calls were made to the area Police Departments to see if there were any lost dog reports. No lost dog reports so when the groomer called and said he was ready to be picked up I left work early and took him to my Vet for a full checkup and vaccination panel. Had that buddy until 2022 when Kidney Disease set in and he stopped eating so I put him down. There was not one single day or even minute where I had any regrets about taking him in. I was always greeted with a wagging tail and his happy dance when I got home. Because whoever Gifted me Oscar by abandoning him I just can't feel too harshly about them.

Anyhow, here is Oscar the First. Yeah he does look a bit grouchy in that pic, you try going out in the cold and snow after you've been shaved to the skin and you might be a bit grouchy. That look is how he came to be named Oscar. In the second pic you get a glimpse of his normal walking around the house look.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drabfour, I might have their brother. This pup found me in Mid-March near Cedar Creek Lake, Payne Springs Texas. Vet says about 13 weeks old. We are calling him Shadow, as he follows me everywhere. When full grown he will be huge, already weighs 30 lbs. smart as can be, but he a puppy.

Well, I am having trouble posting a picture.

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry109:
Drabfour, I might have their brother. This pup found me in Mid-March near Cedar Creek Lake, Payne Springs Texas. Vet says about 13 weeks old. We are calling him Shadow, as he follows me everywhere. When full grown he will be huge, already weighs 30 lbs. smart as can be, but he a puppy.

Well, I am having trouble posting a picture.
Right click on the little page icon, choose "Copy image address", and paste it into a browser address line. You can see the picture that way. (It's a cute puppy.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post