SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Moore wins primary over Luther Strange Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post

Some things are worse than Democrats, including religious zealots who are judicial activists and can't separate the two and do their job impartially, of which Moore most certainly is, whether or not the recent allegations are true. Good riddance to that kook.

Roy Moore has no place being in such a powerful position in any government. Retire him, send him to deer camp for the rest of his life or something away from public policy/laws.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.e5caa2f305f9

Busby said he attended a fundraiser for Jones this year but did not donate.

Busby said he had not spoken to Kelly about his plans

I hope the voters of Alabama see through this.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some things are worse than Democrats

Completly disagree. NOTHING is worse than a democrat/liberal/progressive, whatever they call themselves. They are the worst form of religious zealot. They preach the religion of power and control. They have it, and you don't. Moore's beliefs are peanuts compared to the lefts plan for this country.

Go Roy, let's win this thing!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some things are worse than Democrats, including religious zealots who are judicial activists and can't separate the two and do their job impartially, of which Moore most certainly is, whether or not the recent allegations are true.

Baloney

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Some things are worse than Democrats, including religious zealots who are judicial activists and can't separate the two and do their job impartially, of which Moore most certainly is, whether or not the recent allegations are true. Good riddance to that kook.

Roy Moore has no place being in such a powerful position in any government. Retire him, send him to deer camp for the rest of his life or something away from public policy/laws.

You sound like those traitorous Bushes.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some things are worse than Democrats, including religious zealots...

Ah yes...religious zealots. Not unlike atheist zealots, eh?

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Win Roy win!!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Some things are worse than Democrats, including religious zealots...

Ah yes...religious zealots. Not unlike atheist zealots, eh?
That Democrat leadership really fixed up Dearborn Michigan. Roll Eyes

I am not certain 46and2 realizes what the Democrats would deliver for him.
If you don't like the Ten Commandments, you surely will not like Sharia Law.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Freaking Project Veritas is becoming embarrassingly ridiculous. Roll Eyes

https://www.mediaite.com/onlin...e-roy-moore-accuser/

WaPo Busts James O’Keefe’s Failed Attempt to Fool Them With Fake Roy Moore Accuser

by Ken Meyer | 5:24 pm, November 27th, 2017

An undercover endeavor from James O’Keefe seemed to crash and burn after Project Veritas was caught as they tried to feed disinformation about Roy Moore to Washington Post.

WaPo released a story tonight about how their reporters were contacted by a woman who claimed that she had an abortion after Moore impregnated her as a teenager decades ago. This account came after WaPo released their report on the first four women who came forward with claims about the Alabama Senate candidate.

The report said that this new accuser frequently asked about what could happen if she went public with her story. The newspaper never posted anything about her accusations before, however, due to a number of red flags that came up while they profiled her:

The Post did not publish an article based on her unsubstantiated account. When Post reporters confronted her with inconsistencies in her story and an Internet posting that raised doubts about her motivations, she insisted that she was not working with any organization that targets journalists.

But on Monday morning, Post reporters saw her walking into the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization that targets the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups. The organization sets up undercover “stings” that involve using false cover stories and covert video recordings meant to expose what the group says is media bias.

WaPo posted video footage of their reporter trying to ask O’Keefe questions outside of his office, though he refused to say if the woman was working with him, or if he was working on behalf of Moore or his allies, particularly Breitbart chief Steve Bannon.

“This so-called off-the-record conversation was the essence of a scheme to deceive and embarrass us,” said WaPo Executive Editor Martin Baron. “The intent by Project Veritas clearly was to publicize the conversation if we fell for the trap. Because of our customary journalistic rigor, we weren’t fooled, and we can’t honor an ‘off-the-record’ agreement that was solicited in maliciously bad faith.”

As an apparent response to the report, O’Keefe released a video of himself trying to counter-interview a reporter who was sent to ask about whether the woman was his operative, and why there were holes in her story.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Some things are worse than Democrats

Completly disagree. NOTHING is worse than a democrat/liberal/progressive, whatever they call themselves. They are the worst form of religious zealot. They preach the religion of power and control. They have it, and you don't. Moore's beliefs are peanuts compared to the lefts plan for this country.

Go Roy, let's win this thing!

Preaching right out of my hymn book!!!!!!!!!

Nothing I have seen comes out as real PROOF of the allegations against him. Lots of "claims" but nothing I have seen holds water!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
One America News video on one of the Moore accusers

https://youtu.be/-cXK6zhGZ24

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Another loser, Faye Gary, spouting off lies about Roy Moore exposed. "Speaking to Breitbart News, Gary claimed that she was not motivated by anger over Moore’s involvement in convicting her brother." Roll Eyes

"The news media in recent days uncritically featured Gary making the undocumented claim on MSNBC that as a police officer “we were also told to watch him at the ball games to make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders.”

Don't expect a retraction from the MSM. Roll Eyes

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ported-claims-moore/

"Cop Accuser Implodes in Breitbart Interview, Admits to Making Unsupported Claims About Roy Moore

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama — Faye Gary, a former police officer with the Gadsden Police Department in Alabama, has been featured in the news in recent days making the unsubstantiated claim that she was told to protect young cheerleaders from Roy Moore at local ballgames.
Speaking in a Breitbart News interview on Wednesday, Gary falsely claimed that Moore “wanted to keep segregation here in the south.”

She then claimed that Moore “hates Jews. He hates blacks. He hates Muslims. He hates gays.”

When challenged for specifics, Gary conceded that “I don’t know exactly what he said about Jews, but he doesn’t like Muslims. I know he doesn’t like Muslims. It is my personal feeling that he doesn’t like blacks.”

When further petitioned to support her charges, especially her claim that Moore “hates blacks” and supports segregation, Gary further admitted, “I am not sure. That is my feeling.”

The news media in recent days uncritically featured Gary making the undocumented claim on MSNBC that as a police officer “we were also told to watch him at the ball games to make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders.”

The news media seemingly failed to vet Gary, with numerous articles and the MSNBC interview not mentioning that Moore was the prosecutor in an 1982 high profile case that sent her brother, Jimmy Wright, to prison on charges of possession of a controlled substance. This after a second charge, unlawful sale of a controlled substance, was dropped.

The case was known locally as the “drugs in the mouth” case because, according to the state’s evidence, Wright allegedly tried to hide cocaine wrapped in foil in his mouth while his home was being searched. The Gadsden Times on April 2, 1982, documented how in his closing arguments, Moore put wrapped foil in his mouth that was ten times larger than the foil allegedly found on Wright in order to demonstrate that such a feat was possible.

Speaking to Breitbart News, Gary claimed that she was not motivated by anger over Moore’s involvement in convicting her brother.

“Really, I had forgotten all about the case on my brother,” she stated. “That had nothing to do with why my making the statements that I made. I made this statement because the women came out. I had no reason to make it before then. I didn’t even think about Roy Moore.”

Unprompted, Gary referred to herself in third person to deny ever being arrested on drug charges even though she was not asked whether she was arrested on drug charges and there is no information to indicate that she was. “Faye Gary has never been arrested for drugs because Faye Gary doesn’t do drugs,” she stated.

Criminal documents reviewed by Breitbart News show that in addition to her brother, Gary’s son was also arrested on drug charges in 2008 but he was killed before trial. Her grandson is currently in federal prison after pleading guilty to one count of distribution of cocaine. Gary discussed both cases in our interview, but she said that the matters should not impact her credibility.

The news media did such little vetting of Gary that many major publications reporting on the MSNBC interview got her last name wrong as did MSNBC. During the segment, MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell correctly introduced the ex-cop as “Faye Gary, a retired Gadsden, Alabama, police officer.” In the middle of the 3-minute interview, a graphic on screen incorrectly labeled Gary as “Faye Gray.” Mitchell then ended the segment by correctly thanking “Faye Gary” for the interview"............. More at link above.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T!!!

I don't like Roy Moore. Never have; never will. Did not vote for him in the primary.

But, when I look at the balance in the Supreme Court over the next 20-30 years, you can bet your ass that I will vote for Moore over ANY Demoncrat.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Pushing Turtle sticks his finger in his mouth, holds it up to test the wind direction aaaaaannnnndddd....spins on a dime.

quote:
Mitch McConnell Backtracks Three Weeks After Saying Roy Moore Should Drop Out: "I'm Going To Let The People Of Alabama Make The Call"
Jennifer Kline, AOL.com, 12/3/2017

Three weeks after proclaiming that Alabama Senate nominee Roy Moore should leave the race, teh U.S. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell has seemingly backtracked.

"I'm going to let the people of Alabama make the call", McConnell said Sunday on ABC's "This Week."

Pressed by George Stephanopolous on whether he would "take action" should Moore be elected, McConnell said the ethics committee would "consider" the allegations in that circumstance.

The statements indicate essentially a 180 in McConnell's assessment of the situation.

Full text at http://www.yahoo.com/news/mitc...weeks-151326428.html

Isn't that nice? He's gonna let the voters of Alabama decide who their next Senator should be. Isn't ol' Pushing Turtle just the most gracious fellow there ever was? I guess if letting the accusations peter out into nothing in an ethics committee investigation is good enough for Al Franken then it must be good enough for Roy Moore, right?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
McConnell must feel like he has a little breathing room with all the current sexual scandles (with actual photographic proof) hitting the dems.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I'm going to let the people of Alabama make the call",

how considerate

With all the crap that has been thrown at Roy Moore, if the voters of Alabama elect him, the Senate Ethics Committee better not try to throw him out.

It would be awesome if further investigation keeps knocking down the accusers.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
IMO McConnell is coming to realization that Roy Moore could very likely win. He has no choice but to seat him in the senate and expulsion is out because of precedent showing in the past that what one did in the past can not be used for expulsion, only activity done while they were senator. Senate Ethics committee will do nothing either especially with Franken already being investigated for that which will lead to no more than a slap on the wrist.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Senate Ethics committee will do nothing either especially with Franken already being investigated for that which will lead to no more than a slap on the wrist.

Watch Pushing Turtle claim that both the non-establishment GOP and the Dems owe him something for this act of 'comity'.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Maybe this CBS poll had something to do with Mitch reading the handwriting on the wall.

The WashPo poll showing Jones leading was ludicrous at best and doesn't matter.
There were sampling errors.

CBS Poll Moore +6.
It has some other interesting dynamics like who believes what regarding the recent allegations.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...kes-commanding-lead/

It's interesting to me that while others accused of sex things immediately apologized, Moore stood up to the allegations and declared them false.
That sounds like an innocent man to me.
And the stories told about him have been getting shot down with regularity.
Moore may very well win.

It is incredulous to me that certain reps and Dems who did these dirty tricks knew they were false and deliberately pedaled them.
That's just plain evil.
Yet Moore withstood the accusations and I doubt anyone anywhere thought Moore would still be standing and have not dropped out of the race weeks ago.

I would hope after his election, Moore goes after all these folks in court.

Here's a Guardian article on Moore from today where they went to Australia to interview people who knew him there 33 years ago.
This strikes me as odd and an example of how weird all this is.
https://www.theguardian.com/us...e-outback-wilderness

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The senate tax vote was 51-49 which shows how important a single senate seat can be. With McCain and Collins and losing a senate the republicans would find a very difficult time to pass much of any legislation. SCOTUS nominations could be in jeapordy too.