SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
A black woman with minimal experience in my functional area got put in a position on my team that should require subject matter expert level experience, passing over more highly qualified white men. Now my team has two black women without the requisite experience to have any credibility in their roles, and that is way over proportion to the employment population.

So many double box check people on LinkedIn are sharing their stories of landing a great job and I can't help but think "that's an EO hire right there."

Posts: 13147 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
The leftists in this country are slamming head first into the reality of a court that respects the Constitution.

For the last 50 years, Conservatives were the frogs in the pot of slowly boiling water. We made it out just in time.

By comparison, the leftists aren’t getting the same consideration. The court’s rulings are less a pot of boiling water, and more like an atomic bomb.

I’d feel bad for them if I didn’t know they’ll do everything they can to destroy the country for not getting their way.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an interview on Fox business this morning, a liberal twit said after the overturning of Roe v Wade “Americans woke up feeling less free.”

Imagine how NY gunowners feel.

Posts: 777 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Dude! Razz

Yes, it's a guy.

Woke employee who refused to work while ‘mourning’ Roe v. Wade fired

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unintended consequences aren't necessarily bad

Some people in the US are rushing to get sterilized after the Roe v. Wade ruling

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25...-wade-cec/index.html

I especially applaud people like

"DeAndra Childress, 33, told CNN she has tried several times to get her tubes tied. Now, the medical technologist from Spring, Texas, is more determined than ever to not have children in a post-Roe v. Wade world."

I say the world is better off

Posts: 777 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Should be part of the process for abortions Wink

Posts: 2834 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
This is up there with the ghouls and their threat of a sex strike until abortion is legalized in all states....good luck ladies non-binary birthing humans.

quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Unintended consequences aren't necessarily bad

Some people in the US are rushing to get sterilized after the Roe v. Wade ruling

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25...-wade-cec/index.html

I especially applaud people like

"DeAndra Childress, 33, told CNN she has tried several times to get her tubes tied. Now, the medical technologist from Spring, Texas, is more determined than ever to not have children in a post-Roe v. Wade world."

I say the world is better off

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4337 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
There's a really easy and 100% effective way to not get pregnant. Some of these gals need to figure that out.

Posts: 20129 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

There's a really easy and 100% effective way to not get pregnant. Some of these gals need to figure that out.
There's a new birth control pill: an aspirin, held tightly between the knees.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30722 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

There's a new birth control pill: an aspirin, held tightly between the knees.
And that right there is the one piece of info that is never discussed when debates are held on the topic. Women have 100% control over when, where, and with whom they get pregnant. Don't wanna get pregnant. No problem. Just exhibit a bit of self-responsibility. When the wife and I discussed having a child, she had it down to a science in terms of when it should happen. And low and below, it did, just as planned.

This entire debate and gnashing of teeth is all total BS.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
And that right there is the one piece of info that is never discussed when debates are held on the topic. Women have 100% control over when, where, and with whom they get pregnant. Don't wanna get pregnant. No problem. Just exhibit a bit of self-responsibility. When the wife and I discussed having a child, she had it down to a science in terms of when it should happen. And low and below, it did, just as planned.

The trouble with that is that the majority of women I see out and about can't plan 30 seconds ahead so all the birth control goes out the window.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

The trouble with that is that the majority of women I see out and about can't plan 30 seconds ahead so all the birth control goes out the window.
Their lack of self control or no measure of personal responsibility doesn't change the reality they 'do' fully control the issue of pregnancy, and I for one am tired of the worn out argument that women have to have abortions to end pregnancies. Sweetie, just a bit of discretion and you've completely avoided the issue of pregnancy.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been talking politics with a female neighbor, for the last few years. I recognized her from Church, so I stop and talk when I see her walking her dog. Her Husband passed away a few years ago. Probably my age, mid 60s.

Anyway, she has been Fuck Obama and Let’s Go MAGA the whole time. Ripping and Roaring about the Resident, and the stolen election.

The day after the “leak”, she flagged me down. Said she would vote for democrat on a straight ticket, because poor women couldn’t get abortions if raped or life of the Mother. I calmly informed her that wasn’t true in our state. She is spitting fire about rules being made by “horny men”.

I calmly asked her, when she and her husband had sex, was it ever her idea? Told her that my experience was quite different, and that I can understand why her husband checked out early. We haven’t had any communication since.

Posts: 47 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: July 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Women have 100% control over when, where, and with whom they get pregnant.

I tried to convince a young woman (mid 20s at the time) that this was absolute truth, and failed. She wasn't all that bright.

Women are the gate-keepers of sex. Barring violence and rape (which is rare), it is simply a fact. All they have to do is say "no". It really is that easy.

And it must be easy because I've had a lot of them say no. Eek Big Grin

And thanks V-Tail for the memory. As a young kid, I overheard my mother giving my eldest sister that advice.

Posts: 20129 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Women are the gate-keepers of sex. Barring violence and rape (which is rare), it is simply a fact. All they have to do is say "no". It really is that easy.

It seems that most women who support easy abortion believe that only a tiny portion of abortions are simple birth control, and the remaining 99%+ are due to some form of rape or incest, or there is a medical condition that truly threatens the mother's health.

Most of these women (of all ages) buy into the narrative of the evil patriarchy oppressing women.

Most of them also seem to truly not see the baby as a human person with a right to live. They see it as the mother's right to choose for the baby. They conflate regular pregnancy with the rare but horrible situations when a parent chooses not to treat a child further and let it die of a severe medical issue, e.g. cancer.

I sometimes say that nobody opposes the mother ending a pregnancy if the baby isn't killed. But the response is usually anger.

Posts: 9482 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKA T.S.:

I calmly asked her, when she and her husband had sex, was it ever her idea? Told her that my experience was quite different, and that I can understand why her husband checked out early. We haven’t had any communication since.

You're a baaaaaaaaad man! And I'd buy you a beer. Smile

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

And it must be easy because I've had a lot of them say no.
Yeah, when I was young and single and looking to get laid, most of them said "no."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30722 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
quote:

It seems that most women who support easy abortion believe that only a tiny portion of abortions are simple birth control, and the remaining 99%+ are due to some form of rape or incest, or there is a medical condition that truly threatens the mother's health.

Most of these women (of all ages) buy into the narrative of the evil patriarchy oppressing women.

Most of them also seem to truly not see the baby as a human person with a right to live. They see it as the mother's right to choose for the baby. They conflate regular pregnancy with the rare but horrible situations when a parent chooses not to treat a child further and let it die of a severe medical issue, e.g. cancer.

I sometimes say that nobody opposes the mother ending a pregnancy if the baby isn't killed. But the response is usually anger.
'These' women should be referred to openly as morons and should be prohibited from making any decisions whatsoever, inclusive of voting. When you're too stupid to grasp simple reality and instead opt to be spoon fed complete lies and BS, you need to sit quietly on the sidelines while the adults makes all the decisions.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

And it must be easy because I've had a lot of them say no.
Yeah, when I was young and single and looking to get laid, most of them said "no."
I quickly learned this aspect of women should be viewed as a 'volume' approach. You just need to keep asking to eventually hit pay dirt. Razz

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Abortions for what I would consider legitimate reasons for abortion (ie- rape, incest, life threatening to mother) hover somewhere in the neighborhood of about 1-2%. The rest are attributable to lazy people that can’t be bothered with using contraception. It’s disgusting.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15618 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post