SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Lemon line Gatorade 2

Gatorade makes two “diet” drinks…..G2 and Zero

I gave up Mountain Dew and starting swimming at least an hour 5 days a week back in August. The results are predictable. I’ve lost almost 80 pounds

And lemon-lime G2 really helped me do it

But I cannot find it anywhere. Publix, Harris teeter, Safeway, Walmart, target, giant, all groceries stores in my area are out of it. Hell, they’re out of all flavors of G2, most regular flavors, and even the zero stuff

It’s definitely a first world problem. But I’d like my damn lime G2, Brandon.

Buy the powdered types. they makes gallons of it for a fraction of the cost.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Regular Fritos. None at Publix or Wal Mart.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

Yep. It just takes some experimenting at the beginning to figure out the exact right powder-to-water ratio for your personal tastes.

Get a blender bottle, like for protein shakes. The kind with the little metal whisk ball inside, that you just shake to mix the liquid and powder together.

Then you can easily mix up some Gatorade wherever you are.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Sam’s Club had no chicken yesterday.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Attractive wealthy women that want to bed me.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I do. Unfortunately I’ve never seen anywhere Lemon lime G2 powder. There is grape and fruit punch G2 powder. And regular lemon lime powder. But no G2 lemon lime powder if you search for it somewhere like Walmart.com, for example, it’s listed as G2 powder, but it’s not. It’s the full sugar stuff. I bought some off Amazon that claims to be the g2 stuff, but I’m skeptical

quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Lemon line Gatorade 2

Gatorade makes two “diet” drinks…..G2 and Zero

I gave up Mountain Dew and starting swimming at least an hour 5 days a week back in August. The results are predictable. I’ve lost almost 80 pounds

And lemon-lime G2 really helped me do it

But I cannot find it anywhere. Publix, Harris teeter, Safeway, Walmart, target, giant, all groceries stores in my area are out of it. Hell, they’re out of all flavors of G2, most regular flavors, and even the zero stuff

It’s definitely a first world problem. But I’d like my damn lime G2, Brandon.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:

The man said weird shortages, not everyday life! Big Grin

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I showed my wife the articles about the idiotic DHS preventing "unvaccinated" truckers from entering at the US borders, and about the Chinese closing ports and factories because of the SCARY omicron Roll Eyes and now she's on board with stocking up. She just came back from the grocery store with all sorts of stuff. We're building a (minimum of) six week reserve of four meal portions per day- two portions for two people per day. If things start getting really hairy, we'll increase this reserve as much as is practical/possible. Also. we're stocking up on food for our cat, including kitty luxuries such as tunafish in oil and canned chicken meat.

No doubt, all our preppers are giddy with the prospect of using all the stuff they've gathered, and perhaps are feeling a bit smug right now.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've used most of my prepping stuff I bought when COVID thread was pages or tens of pages. I have still enough to eat well for six weeks and survive for 12, probably much longer. Need to restock again, but I've made some bad investments recently which are really starting to sting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Shortages seem to be "circumstantial".

I ordered some Duracell AAA batteries on Amazon last week. Ten day delay - OK - no big deal. I get an email Friday from Amazon saying there will be further delay - until March ! I go on Amazon and check other Duracell options - all backordered out 3-5 weeks.

So - I instead purchase a AAA Energizer 24-pack yesterday. (same price as Duracell)

Delivered to my residence an hour ago.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

No doubt, all our preppers are giddy with the prospect of using all the stuff they've gathered, and perhaps are feeling a bit smug right now.

I don't feel smug, only stupid that I invested so much, and am starting to sell stuff to my younger B-I-L at lower prices. I just glad he thinks like me!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And don't ask me why, but for some reason, I have the feeling that incandescent light bulbs are going to disappear for a while, if not for good.

I don't want any of that Goddamned fluorescent or LED stuff in my lamps. Thomas Freaking Edison, baby. I want my warm glow.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Those LED Goldbrickers and the Communists subverting everyone that they're a legitimate replacement to actual illumination can go scratch.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:

The man said weird shortages, not everyday life!

Sorry; meant to say homely poor women.

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
And don't ask me why, but for some reason, I have the feeling that incandescent light bulbs are going to disappear for a while, if not for good.

I don't want any of that Goddamned fluorescent or LED stuff in my lamps. Thomas Freaking Edison, baby. I want my warm glow.

Me too! Nothing beats incandescent. I was just at an estate sale and scored big time. An entire case of about fifty 75 and 100 watt GE bulbs from the 1980s and 90s. - $10.00

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
3x5 cards. I can’t find them anywhere locally.

Nobody writes anymore, just use your smartphone.

Oops, what you want the 3x5 cards for would probably be a one time use for your smartphone. Wink

Well, a great instructor once suggested using front or back (top or bottom if they’re sitting flat) of an ammunition box if you can’t find 3x5 cards. Wink

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Sriracha hot sauce has been persona non grata at all of my local grocery stores since this all began back in 2019. It just has nearly ceased to exist here.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Finally scored a 4 pound pack of chicken breasts. Pickings were slimmer than normal, but not almost gone. (Or totally gone, like the last few weeks.)

I did notice that, while they usually have family packs ranging from 4.5 to 7+ pounds, this time all available were close to 4 pounds. Probably cutting back on the amount in each pack to stretch the supply further.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Wife went to Stop & Shop (a Northeast grocery chain) today and they had no milk.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Frozen potatoes are back in stock at 25-30% of normal levels (varieties, not quantity). Frozen breads are now gone, unless you want frozen biscuits. Yesterday I made biscuits and gravy and the store was 100% out of Pillsbury ones in the refrigerated section, the Food Lion brand ones were just as good and 50¢ cheaper.

Can't wait to spin the wheel tomorrow and find out what I'll be substituting for dinner.

Damn I feel proud to live in the greatest nation on the planet, a superpower and economic giant with no match.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post