SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Eggnog and pillsbury cinnamon rolls

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3684 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Report This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Certain transistors are getting hard to find.

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
...pillsbury cinnamon rolls

Sorry about that. They were delicious though.

Posts: 10801 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Our local grocery store continues to have shortages of many products, including in recent weeks cranberry sauce (out three weeks before Thanksgiving, it was finally restocked three days before Christmas) and molasses (for making pies and gingerbread, they ran out two weeks before Christmas). My friend, the assistant manager, said they’ve been told by suppliers that the steel shortage is contributing to a can shortage for some seasonal items like cranberries.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2090 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The local Publix was completely out of tomatoes yesterday.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30533 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The price tags with strings on them. Lots of flea market booth vendors use them, locally there just aren't any. Found some while on vacation.

Fisher Space pen refills, more of a declining office supply problem after a merger and Wallyworld cutting back. I now have a lifetime supply, but they will skip and act up after 20 years.

Red plaid shirts. Button down collars, matching pocket. Plenty in blue, but not red, and they are notably absent at retail and thrift stores locally.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
Our local grocery store continues to have shortages of many products, including in recent weeks cranberry sauce (out three weeks before Thanksgiving, it was finally restocked three days before Christmas) and molasses (for making pies and gingerbread, they ran out two weeks before Christmas). My friend, the assistant manager, said they’ve been told by suppliers that the steel shortage is contributing to a can shortage for some seasonal items like cranberries.

I heard the cream cheese shortage is due to a FOIL SHORTAGE, not a cream cheese shortage. I guess these production facilities cannot easily adapt to an alternative? I know when I worked in professional bakeries even the cream cheese they used came wrapped in foil, just in 5 pound blocks.

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I heard the cream cheese shortage is due to a FOIL SHORTAGE, not a cream cheese shortage. I guess these production facilities cannot easily adapt to an alternative? I know when I worked in professional bakeries even the cream cheese they used came wrapped in foil, just in 5 pound blocks.

Seems strange that in all these years there hasn't been an alternative developed. Lets face it the cream cheese always sticks to the foil as it is, so not like it was some great packaging scheme to begin with. Why not tubs like ricotta; maybe a squeezable stick?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Gatorade shortage is apparently due to lack of bottles.

Posts: 10801 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:

Seems strange that in all these years there hasn't been an alternative developed. Lets face it the cream cheese always sticks to the foil as it is, so not like it was some great packaging scheme to begin with. Why not tubs like ricotta; maybe a squeezable stick?

They do sell it in tubs.

And here's a 3 pound tub:

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Tater Tots.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
As I said earlier. Nothing really comes to mind. I have not really had any issues other that a few grocery items that have been mentioned. In some cases I just think it is a hording thing by consumers.

Construction and utility products have been in short supply for sure.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19097 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:

They do sell it in tubs.
The top of the tub is sealed by a piece of foil, under the plastic lid. The tubs don't use as much foil as the blocks of cream cheese, but they still do use some foil.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30533 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Looks like Raspberry Pi single-board computers are now unobtainium.

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Grocery wise:
12 ounce Dr. Pepper bottles @ Walmart, other stores may have ample stocks, so maybe a function of demand and store traffic.

Saltine crackers

Original Special K cereal. Other flavors are usually available go figure.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Tater Tots.

We've got no frozen tater products at all.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20744 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing that seems to be in short supply are the very small bottles of water . Plenty of the larger bottles on the shelf though . The grandkids drink a lot of water but don't always finish the larger ones . Everything else is plentiful but expensive .

Posts: 3965 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Frozen french fries are like hen's teeth here and the past two weeks I haven't been able to find boneless chicken breasts.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Went to Fred Meyers yesterday and they had no packaged sliced beef for sandwiches. All kinds of chicken, turkey and ham slices but no beef. Go figure.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Chicken.

I live in one of the primary poultry production and processing regions of the country. The headquarters of the largest poultry company in the US (and 2nd largest in the world) is located about 15 miles from my house.

And both times I've gone grocery shopping in the past 3 weeks - two different stores even - the chicken section has been totally bare, except for a few pack of drumsticks.

Not a breast, wing, or even thigh in sight.'

Luckily, I tend to have a couple pounds of chicken breasts in the freezer at any given time, so I have that to fall back on. But still bizarre, especially when I hear from friends that there's no chicken shortage in their parts of the country much further away. One would think this area would be the very last to face a chicken shortage...

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post