SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, I have a couple of AR-15s for you. **WINNERS in 1st post**
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, I have a couple of AR-15s for you. **WINNERS in 1st post** Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for this awesome chance. I was 1st Bde., 3ID and 4th Bde., 3ID in the early '90s. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures. Digital cameras didn't really exist at soldier salaries but I do have a good story:

It's 0200 and the phone rings. It's one of my CID investigators. A field problem had just concluded, the guys came home and the fun started.

"Hey sir, I just arrested a guy for beating his girlfriend and I need to know what you want to do."

"Ok, tell me the story."

"Well, he came home and she was excited to see him. He decided he'd rather have a 6 pack and a good night's sleep. He went to sleep so she pleasured herself. The screaming and moaning woke him up so he beat her with it."

"Beat her with what?"

"A twelve inch rubber dong."

"Oh. Release him to his unit. I'm sure they'll call in the morning."

"Ok. What you want me to do with the dong?"

"Um... bag it, tag it and put it in the evidence locker."

"Ok..."

"Oh, and wash your hands. G'night!"

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Holy cow, that's an impressive karma! Count me in.

I'm active Army 1983-1988, stationed the full time at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research. I helped synthesize drugs for use against tropical diseases. Nothing overly exciting....

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Once again, an incredibly generous karma, Q. Please include me.
Active duty Army - 82d Airborne Div. - 1977-1980. Army reserves -various units- 1981 thru 1992.
One of my great regrets is not finding a way to get those last 5 years in.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I am eligible, please include my name.
I did not serve, but my Dad and his 5 brothers were all in WWII. Only one did not come home.

PC

Posts: 1340 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would be honored to have a chance at this! 25 years army national guard with deployments to both Iraq and Afghanistan

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like to be in the running - USN, Gunners Mate GMT2, 1976-1980.

While stationed on a Destroyer (DD941, USS DuPont) got to see one of our Carriers taking waves on the flight deck. Must have been around December,1977 in the North Atlantic. Heavy seas on a Destroyer is something not soon forgotten.

Father was US Army, 1945-46, Germany, missed the fighting, was part of the rebuilding.

Uncle was a B26 tailgunner in WW2 then back in for Vietnam as an Army advisor in the early 60’s

Another uncle was a navigator on a B-17, 8th Air Force over Germany.

Don’t know that uncle Alex counts, but I wish I had known him - never married, worked as a subcontractor for the CIA (no clue what that involved) collected machine guns and antique motorcycles. Had his pilots license, had a Cessna specifically built for short take off runways. He had a 100 acre farm in New Hampshire with a runway cut through it. His home was an old farmhouse, maybe with indoor plumbing, maybe not, I never really knew. He would have had some stories...

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ac26
posted Hide Post
Q, you are an incredibly generous and honorable man. I decline a karma entry as my safe is full Smile

Besides I have your 229 aluminum grips on my M11A1 (BTW a great buy at a great price).

My offer to buy you’re a beer is always open. Smile

Posts: 191 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
No words can aptly express the gratitude for your constant generosity Q.

1998-2005 USA was some best and worst days I’ve experienced in this life. Tomorrow marks one of the hardest 14yrs ago, a good chunk of me is still trying to get away from it.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm in please!
KY ANG 1980-1983.
123rd Combat Support Squadron, Food Service Flight.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable! Your generosity is amazing, thank you. I served from 1989-2010. I started off in active duty, loading armament on F-111's, and ended up a Loadmaster on C-130's. I can definitely say that I loved serving, I was involved in the first Gulf war, and then the current campaigns. Thank you again for supporting all of us, it's a very cool feeling,

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The Sig Forum is blessed with so many good people, from our veterans, professional people and people with kind hearts and people with common sense and with America their belief.

Do not enter me, the people that serve deserve a chance much more than me.

I did not serve, but my father and step father did.

My step-father served in WWII, in the Pacific, US Army, as a corpsman attached to an artillery unit in Leyte. Growing up, he would talk to me often about his service in Leyte and his enlistment in the Army. He did not get to come home and be discharged from the Philippines for almost a year after VJ day. There is so much he told me, that I am saddened that after I die, no one will know, not even my son.

My father, whom, I did not grow up with as he and mother were divorced when I was 3, served in WWII also, serving in Alaska as a Army Air Corp MP. I never talked much about his service with him, as I seldom saw him growing up. I have several pictures of him during the war, in uniform, one with him holding a Thompson. My relatives passed those photos to me, and looking at those pictures of my father, I can see myself.

Two of my most cherished possessions are both their dogtags, and original chains, that look new.

My father passed away in 1983, and my step-father died in 2007. I apologize for the long family post, but wanted to honor two important people in my life.

I would like to honor all the veterans by saying thank you, and thank you, 12131 for being a noble person.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Q, please count me in for this Karma as my brother (a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy) would absolutely love it. Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Please include me, and THANKS for the opportunity!

USAF 1990-2014.

I did some cool stuff. I deployed 3 times, but never went outside the wire. I did work that supported those who did, however, and the most gratifying part of my entire career was during my deployments knowing that stuff I did helped prevent Americans from coming home in steel boxes. . .

I was in the USSTRATCOM Command Center on 9/11 when President Bush came into our command center to make some VTCs.

I got to meet some really cool people - here is me with Robin Olds in front of a P-38 (he flew P-51s and -38s in the WWII European Theater). This was 2 years before he died, IIRC.

If you ever watch the History Channel Dogfights episode "Air Ambush" where they feature Gen Olds, he is wearing that exact red jacket in his interviews.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I'm in!
Thanks much for the chance!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Placeset for later...

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
Once again a remarkably generous karma...from the remarkably generous 12131. Please include me Sir, I/we qualify:

Me: USN MM/SS/DV, Submarines '69 - '73
Dad: USA Sgt. Infantry '40 - '45 WWII PTO/5 Campaigns
Gramps: USA Sgt. Cavalry '15 - '18 Punitive Expedition & WWI
And; kind of like Lt. Dan’s family…but with much happier endings:
Civil War: Check
American Revolution: Check
French & Indian War: Check

THANKS.....

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
US Army 86-04, and thanks for a most generous Karma! On a side note, my roomie from 2ID in Korea friended me on FB just two days ago, we did a bit of catching up. He was a nice kid back then, and has grown to a fine man today.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
Awesome Karma. Please count me in. I am a USAF vet 86 to 90.

Posts: 1362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
Id like to enter on behalf of my son who is graduating from boot camp this Friday at Paris Island. Thanks for your generosity!

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me in your very generous offer.
USN Oct 1967-May 1976, and USAF Reserve Nov 1983 until retirement in Oct. 2005.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post