SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, I have a couple of AR-15s for you. **WINNERS in 1st post**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, I have a couple of AR-15s for you. **WINNERS in 1st post** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm in, USAF 2001-2006, thanks for the chance.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USAF 67-71.

Thanks for the great karma and the thought.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for another very generous karma, 12131!

Please don't add me, as one AR's enough for me, and I see a couple entrants have none at all. I just wanted to express my appreciation for your generosity.

Very brief story, anyway...

Sometimes I can be a bit slow on the uptake. Thus it took me a few days in boot camp to figure out how it was DIs I'd never seen before in my life knew my last name on sight

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Wow, the generosity continues. I was a 2 year enlisted Army guy, didn't contribute much to this great nation's defense. Not entering the karma, just saying thank you to those who stood in the gap for me and mine. Regardless of whether you win the karma, thanks for paying my debts.

And thanks for being who you are, 12131.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Wow, just wow! What an awesome Karma!

USMC 1990-1996

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A great number of my family have served in or for the military, including myself, my ex, and my oldest daughter.

My youngest daughter had a congenital kidney issue that prevented her from serving, but she is involved in many things dealing with vets who have suffered injury.

I was fortunate to have served with the best in our 5 forces, had a best friend that was a Merchant Marine as well as having the privileged of serving alongside of some of our greatest allies and vised places all over the world, both good and bad.

Please include me in your most generous gifting, in honor of my grandfather.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
Q, this is an incredibly generous karma for you to award.

I feel proud and honored to be entered

USCG 1979-1983

One of my greatest sadness and also proudest honor: I was stationed in Galveston in 1980 when the USCG Blackthorn (home port) was lost in Tampa Bay in an accident during sea trials. I stood in honor and folded the flag for several of our shipmates, May they rest in peace.

Posts: 378 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full military family: both parents, both brothers all served including myself. Served from 1987-1991 19D. West German border patrol with 2/11 ACR followed by Ft Riley and Desert Storm.

The 2 years in W.G. were the busiest but the best. One of the most interesting training events was spending 3 weeks with the Panzergrenadiers. Dedicated marksmen/shooter in 2 man recon teams. Will never forget that time.

Working for the DoD again now but as a civilian.
Count me in please.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USAF 1994-2014. Not too may stories except to say I flew a desk and worked on a lot of space related stuff, much of which I can't talk about.

Dad was a 4 year Navy man during Korea. Two uncles who I'm not very close to are also retired USAF. Bro is a CDR in the Navy Reserves right now.

Again, you continue to set the bar for generosity in this forum.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
U.S. Army SigC 1961-1968. Nam 65-66. Im in, thanks.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
Wow, this is awesome. I'm a Coast Guard veteran from 05-09, great times had then. I'd love a chance.

Thanks again for all your generosity.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too kind, Q.

6 years with the AF, parts of me wish I was still in , but the 'politics' took the fun out of it. My grandfather did 27 years active with the Army too. My how times have changed, he tried to enlist when he was 15 as WW2 was in the final phases. Don't see that type of person often anymore...

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
US Army 82-85, please put me down for it.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2209 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Please include me, USCG 1984 to present, 4th generation military (Army, AF, CG) with my son being the 5th. Thanks very much.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Count me in. Grand dad served in a Tank in WW2. Lost a uncle in Nam.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a very generous offer! Please include me and thanks!

US Army Combat Engineer
1986-1994

I didn't do anything special. Just tooled around Germany in an M113A2 for a couple of years.

Long history of service in my family: My dad served in the Army during Vietnam. He lost an older brother in Korea, in 1952. Four of my dad's brothers and two sisters served in the Army or Army Air Corps during WWII. Another great-Uncle was an Infantryman in the South Pacific. I still remember listening to him talk about being wounded when another soldier stepped on a Japanese land mine and showing my dad and I the scars on his legs.

One great-uncle on my dad's side died after exposure to mustard gas in WWI. We even had a German soldier from WWI who married into the family. (I met him when I was around 10).

On my mom's side, her brother served in the Air Force in Vietnam. Three great-uncles and my grandfather served in the Navy in the Pacific in WWII.

Two great-uncles served in the Army, including one who went ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day. His letters from Europe from 1944-45 were fascinating to read. Unfortunately, he died before I was born and no one left now knows his complete story as far as military service. The only photo of him in uniform I ever saw indicate he was a Combat Engineer, based on insignia, and possibly a Ranger, or assigned to a Ranger Battalion, based on the unit patches he wore. He moved to Colorado after the war and became a gunsmith. My mom still has a Christmas card sent to him by Roy Weatherby.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

My son is Army based out of Fort Bragg. I'm driving his wife and kid back to him on Halloween. Smile Two months with me is enough.

--found a pic--

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Please don't include me as I never served and would rather it go to a vet.

I just want to post about my grandfathers both of whom are gone now. One served as an XO on a minesweeper in the pacific, his sister ship took a torpedo in the Atlantic and went done with almost all hands in 90 seconds. We found out later that even though he was accepted to med school and could have avoided the draft he actually volunteered to serve. He was unable to attend after finishing his service and became a chemist instead, I have always been proud of his willingness to serve and to make a sacrifice of something that he had worked for. He never complained about not going to med school and was proud of his service. My other grandfather enlisted at the end of the war and was sent to France where he assisted in the recovery efforts following the war. He said that the army taught him to be a man. He always carried himself with a quiet confidence and I feel that his service plate d a large role in that. My family has the scrapbook of newspaper articles that he collected during the war, its a fascinating thing to look at.
To all the vets, thank you for your service.

Thank you for your generosity with this Karma.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
USAF 1984-1995. DAF 1995-Present. Thanks allowing me to have a chance in your very generous karma.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool karma. Please count me in. USMC from 1986-1990.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post