SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, I have a couple of AR-15s for you. **WINNERS in 1st post**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, I have a couple of AR-15s for you. **WINNERS in 1st post** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sir, you are far too generous. Thanks for the opportunity and please count me in.

I'm an active duty Army officer with 15 years of service and getting ready to go on my 5th combat deployment very soon.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in

USMC ret. 1980 - 2002

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very generous. Please do not include me. Although a veteran (USAF 1974-1978) My service pales in comparison to others here on SF

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living In A Wild Place
posted Hide Post
Wonderful karma for Veterans Day. Thank you for this. Count me and my NG time in please.

Posts: 295 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
You are a generous man. Please include me USAF - 1980 - 1989. Thank you sir.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1989 I went into the Navy recruiters office looking to sign up. I chose the Navy because my family tradition in the Navy was far reaching. My Grandfather was on the U.S.S. Ruben James in WWII.

When I went to the recruiter he tried to sell my on joining the nuclear power program. I knew I wasn’t mechanically inclined so I told him as much and suggested that I didn’t want my name to go down in history with Three Mike Island and Hiroshima. He then asked if I’d like to work on airplanes. I said that’s probably a bit less risky but still involved me fixing broken (and important) equipment.

He asked if I thought I could learn a foreign language. I said I could do that so I signed up and off I went to the Defense Language Institute which led me to eventually becoming a CTI. It was a great run and while I was in I managed to put away enough money to pay for college and later grad school. To this day I say it’s the best move I ever made as a kid and I hope one day my kids will follow that path.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes please. Two paid vacations to Viet Nam with USAF.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
My great uncle was killed in the battle of the Bulge and my other great uncle was in North Africa, Sicily, and Normandy. Please enter me in your very generous Karma.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Nice! Please count me in. U.S. Army 87-97

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I can't really share any photos, but that is one sweet rifle.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My dad was a naval corpsman stationed on the USS America. He would always say how great that was the food etc. then all of a sudden he found himself in a marine battalion in Vietnam. He never spoke too much about it but one story that makes me chuckle a bit as an adult.

When I was a kid I was giving him some lazy excuse or another about being tired and he had a moment where he snapped and yell “Boy you don’t know tired when you nod off for a second in a God Damned firefight with bullets whizzing over head then you can talk to me about tired!!!” I never bitched about tired again.

He also has a very low opinion of the VC calling them, and my dad is a pretty laid back funny guy, “those pussies in the pajamas”. The NVA however those guys scared him.

He spoke of “Puff The Magic Dragon” being a god send once or twice as well.

At any rate I haven’t been tired since 1989 Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is extremely generous of you.
I would love to have a chance at this.
I was in Air Force Reserves in 1955, Lost my
brother who was in the Eighth Air Force.
He was left waist gunner on a B-17 that went down in Germany. Only the pilot survived, but I only learned about the pilot a few years ago at the Eighth Air Force Museum in Georgia.
The Flying Fortress (B-17) was lost in 1944.
I was Eight years old.
Regards, Jack

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
US Army 99-06. I went from NG to active in 03 after we invaded Iraq. I wanted to switch MOS to Infantry and go straight to Iraq. I got lied to/sweet talked to staying a RTO and going to Korea to a unit that didn't deploy to Iraq, where I hurt my back lifting a generator and ended up getting a medical discharge :/

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Please include me. USAR aviation 1968-1974.
Sorry, no pixs.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
Sir, you are far too generous. Thanks for the opportunity and please count me in.

I'm an active duty Army officer with 15 years of service and getting ready to go on my 5th combat deployment very soon.

Which theater you headed to bro? I'm gearing up now for a year in AFG.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
Once again Q, an extremely generous Karma. I've wanted a Noveske for a long time.
This is a photo on the back of the USS Gurnard (SSN-662), going through the Panama Canal on one of the times that we circum-navigated North America. I'll have to find some photos of us playing football at the North Pole.
Thanks, Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Please include me, US Army 1966 to 1971 with a three year break while I finished college. Served as MP, Mec Infantry, EOD, Special weapons (Nucks), Conventional weapons and Logistian.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Thank you for showing your appreciation to veterans in this way. This is really awesome of you.

Throwing my name into the hat. USAF 1998-2013 Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Texans
posted Hide Post
This is very kind of you. I did not serve but my father served in the Navy in WWII.

Posts: 722 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Once again, an amazingly generous karma!

I'm in.

Retired US Army, ( Aviation ) from June 1990 to September 2013.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post