SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things you do or like that others might think is a bit weird.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things you do or like that others might think is a bit weird. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I don't know if this is weird since I grew up with it but my wife never heard of it.

Cheese on toast. American cheese on a slice of white bread in the toaster oven until the cheese bubbles up to brown and even black in some spots. I love it.

My Grandmother did this, but would put a slice of tomato under the cheese. Good stuff.
Lineman

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My college girlfriend-“cheese toast” was the extent of her cooking abilities. She did have other redeeming qualities, as I recall.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I will eat Maruchan beef or chicken ramen without water. It is crunchy and delish .

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
<<snip>> I also dip fries in tarter sauce. I eat chili with tortilla chips. Put a spoon of chili and put it on the chip. Really good.

I love dipping fries in tartar sauce! They're also good dipped in "chicken sauce"... like the stuff they have at Zaxby's.

Tortilla chips with chili is a no-brainer to me; I eat it that way quite often when not loaded with crackers.

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I always back into the driveway and into the garage. Most people seem to go in nose first.

Do you have a recording of "Squad 51" playing when you leave the garage, too?

In all honesty noo... maybe Big Grin

The first station I worked in required backing the apparatus into the bay.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I add real cane syrup on biscuits and add it to baked beans.

My grandfather and grandmother and my mom do this, and my dad (who’s from up north) does it as well. Everyone who has ever visited and seen this always asks. It’s gotta be a southern thing.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Some good fries with a light dab into some Dukes Mayo. never got the ketchup on fries thing. But the mayo is high fat content. Makes sense to me. On a baked potato people add butter & sour crème. Just a bunch of fat.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I always add bleach to my dish washing water. I have great smell and if I don’t use bleach I can smell what was on the dishes prior to washing. Eggs are the worst for smelling up dishes. I also keep a sink full of soapy water with bleach when I’m cooking. I’m constantly cleaning my hands so I don’t cross contaminate. I also never grab food with my hands (I.e. sampling the food while cooking). I use gloves when cutting meat if guests are eating, I won’t touch it with my hands.

Most people I know have bad hygiene when preparing food. It drives me crazy when people are not clean with their food prep. I’m a very clean person and most people are not.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
I always add bleach to my dish washing water. I have great smell and if I don’t use bleach I can smell what was on the dishes prior to washing. Eggs are the worst for smelling up dishes. I also keep a sink full of soapy water with bleach when I’m cooking. I’m constantly cleaning my hands so I don’t cross contaminate. I also never grab food with my hands (I.e. sampling the food while cooking). I use gloves when cutting meat if guests are eating, I won’t touch it with my hands.

Most people I know have bad hygiene when preparing food. It drives me crazy when people are not clean with their food prep. I’m a very clean person and most people are not.

I don’t use bleach but I clean constantly when cooking. My wife gets mad at how many paper towels I use as I wash my hands over and over. When I’m outside grilling I bring the spatula in to wash after I flip a burger (or I stick it in the flame to sterilize). A bit OCD but a microbiology class will do that.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post